• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp1990

Banned

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mp1990, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

RONIN -- MB-4C9D0409960C6B26 - Taken by eyeless. 2 entrants total.
Not A Hero -- MB-15CFDB07B6837880 - Taken by Kifimbo. 10 entrants total.
Dropsy -- MB-3070144124792A1C - Taken by D3RANG3D. 11 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for RONIN was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Not A Hero was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dropsy was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1461090293z1.png

Ventara

Damn, already own half of those games. Got most of them from one of those Build-Your-Own bundles the Humble had. Good bundle though for anyone who doesn't have them.

Does Steam help keep track of other Steamers you run across while playing? There have been several times (especially while playing Rocket League) where I have wanted to add strangers to my friends list, but I can't seem to find the option to do so. What is the most efficient way to send out friend requests if you simply run across someone in Dark Souls or Rocket League or any other community game?

fake edit: When I play Diablo III it provides a list of players who have have joined my party or vice versa. This makes it very easy to add folks to a friends list in case you ever want to team up again. This is sort of why I am asking this question.

Or, you know, maybe it's still a good bundle if you own the games. You just don't need to buy it.

Here's a pro-tip for people who like games. You don't have to buy everything.

I believe you neglected the part where I said this is a great bundle. The reason I would say bad is if someone owns everything, like me, but even then it's still a great value for games from one of the better publishers in the PC scene.

iosefe

Sweet bundle. HM2 is probably an addition as HM1 already had its moment

Also, I got a n3DS. Do I make you proud, Salsa?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gods Will Be Watching -- MB-44E18C069F317906 - Taken by Mikurden. 8 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Shadow Warrior: Special Esition -- MB-78CB4E792257271F - Taken by laserlaser. 6 entrants total.
Starfringe: Adversus -- MB-F0432CB8B9C3061E - Taken by Jazz573. 4 entrants total.
Not A Hero -- MB-AB4F3FEE7F75EECA - Taken by kulapik. 16 entrants total.

t1461090718z1.png

good stuff

Humble Devolver Raffle

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gods Will Be Watching -- MB-0FE11E0C183539E0 - Taken by GaussTek. 14 entrants total.
Titan Souls -- MB-34EE22BD30DA7068 - Taken by C4rter. 25 entrants total.
NOT A HERO -- MB-37EE43D82E1B08E3 - Taken by Avinexus. 25 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Shadow Warrior Special Edition -- MB-8C8E80300A599328 - Taken by eyeless. 14 entrants total.

t1461100613z1.png

Vuze

Sweet bundle, owned nothing and had some of the BTA tier games on my wishlist.
Off to the "Interested" category they go :^)

louiedog

I believe you neglected the part where I said this is a great bundle. The reason I would say bad is if someone owns everything, like me, but even then it's still a great value for games from one of the better publishers in the PC scene.

Yes, and I'm saying the games in a bundle make it good or bad, not whether or not someone owns it.

Benedict

That's an awesome bundle.
Have Not a Hero and some version of Shadow Warrior, everything else is new for me.

Edit: Turns out I didn't have Not A Hero, just on my wishlist. and I didn't have the Special Edition of Shadow warrior, just vanilla.
So the bundle is even more awesome than before.

madjoki

Does Steam help keep track of other Steamers you run across while playing? There have been several times (especially while playing Rocket League) where I have wanted to add strangers to my friends list, but I can't seem to find the option to do so. What is the most efficient way to send out friend requests if you simply run across someone in Dark Souls or Rocket League or any other community game?

View -> Players

However not all games support this.

Hektor

This is an amazing bundle for people that don't have everything already, which is no one, because steamgaf got taste and played all of them already. Right?

yuraya

Why does Jurassic Park have such mixed reviews on Steam?

Is it bad? or is it just not as good as the other Telltale games?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

How do you feel about QTEs? Jurassic Park is basically QTE: The Game.

chronomac

Enjoy
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Ronin -- MB-755F05448543BAC0 - Taken by Mavromatis. 8 entrants total.

t1461091553z1.png

It was their first game where they ditched the game play elements and went for the visual novel angle. So it was a bit rough as they were still trying to figure out what they wanted to do in the genre. Also their adventure fans had quite a backlash at the removal of the game play elements. On top of that, there was the Jurassic Park Jeep fiasco that put a shadow over the launch.
I think its one of their better visual novels.

yuraya

How do you feel about QTEs? Jurassic Park is basically QTE: The Game.

It's bad.

It was their first game where they ditched the game play elements and went for the visual novel angle. So it was a bit rough as they were still trying to figure out what they wanted to do in the genre. Also their adventure fans had quite a backlash at the removal of the game play elements. On top of that, there was the Jurassic Park Jeep fiasco that put a shadow over the launch.
I think its one of their better visual novels.

Doesn't sound too bad since I don't expect much gameplay from these type of games. I guess I'll just install it and get around to playing it one day after I play TWAU and Walking dead. Never really cared for Back to the future so I'll just leave that one out of the backlog.

This is an amazing bundle for people that don't have everything already, which is no one, because steamgaf got taste and played all of them already. Right?

Offer best games in bundle, nobody buy it because everyone have them already.
Offer bad games in bundle, nobody buy it because nobody want them.
Without the key gifting thing bundles would be dead.

dark souls 2 is making me super salty. fuck the spider boss, its a long trip and then the boss fight itself is just super frustrating, then on top of that there are no actual human players to help me out or summon me so I'm stuck with the npcs who are doing jack shit

yuraya

dark souls 2 is making me super salty. fuck the spider boss, its a long trip and then the boss fight itself is just super frustrating, then on top of that there are no actual human players to help me out or summon me so I'm stuck with the npcs who are doing jack shit

Spoiler to make that area very very easy...
Light a torch and the spiders won't attack you. Not even during the boss fight.

rtcn63

Ucchedavāda;201378738 said:
Why not? Does it have some sort of auto level-scaling?

Last Remnant is one of those games that you want to look up. The way leveling works and the general mechanics require explanation.

Also it's not as borked as the original console version IIRC, where you could effectively hit a wall and not be able to progress.

took me one, maybe two tries. I barely remember the fight and i did it the first time last week.

Just look at a guide if you haven't already, i give a boss a handful of tries before my pride subsides and my lack of free time makes me look stuff up
Spoiler to make that area very very easy...
Light a torch and the spiders won't attack you. Not even during the boss fight.

yup, but there are so many messages in that area that I assumed that he knew that already.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

a prinny being bad at something? im shocked.

ModBot said:
laserlaser claimed your Shadow Warrior: Special Esition key. There were 6 entrants.

Thanks again for being generous.

im surprised modbot grabbed the image from steam with the typo in the title

rtcn63

Some Dark Souls summons will straight murder a boss for you, while others are just there to take the hits.

I do like/dislike how you'll often need to clear out the area in front of a gate or else the NPC summon will get massacred.

Last Remnant is one of those games that you want to look up. The way leveling works and the general mechanics require explanation.

Also it's not as borked as the original console version IIRC, where you could effectively hit a wall and not be able to progress.

That's good to know, thanks for the warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom