• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Dig-Dug is the shit. Namco is so good at classics. Do those have a CRT filter?

I collected all
major boss souls
, so I believe it's gonna be Game Over any moment now once I boot DS3 up and deliver them in
Fireshrine
. I don't want it to end :'(
Prince Lothric
was a dope fight and so is the whole
Lothric Castle
. The beefed up knights and especially the ones with greatshields give me still fear with their shield-bashing. It's a rough time for a nimble dodger like me.
But I can't help but state that this was the easiest Souls game so far. The bosses in particular can get you quick but I don't know why, I had very little trouble with the bosses. Really enjoyed them especially after the lackluster ones of DS2.
Spoiler to make that area very very easy...
Light a torch and the spiders won't attack you. Not even during the boss fight.
Dang, had no clue and I fought it two times, haha.
hey look, its fucking Kerbal on sale...again. And Magicka 2...again.
Kerbal is 40% off but still expensive. Dang.
22bd412c9e.jpg
Gods Will Be Watching has nice pixel art. Don't know about the gameplay. Not bad but not enough want from me to jump at it.
That's not enough pixelation ;D
veggie you're so bad at censoring stuff. I don't care for covenant spoilers (only thing that matters to me are the bosses and locations) but that clearly says Warrior of Sunlight and the 2nd one says hollowing. try harder
>_<

Nete

Really thinking on stop playing The Banner Saga 2 to replay the first game so I can get a save with all the choices I want. Everything is wrong :(

Volimar

Ms. Pac-Man will always hold a special place in my heart. Gotta play it in an arcade cabinet for full effect.

Really thinking on stop playing The Banner Saga 2 toe replay the first game so I can get a save with all the choices I want. Everything is wrong :(

It uses your old save?

But Win10 store exclusivity is makin' me mad,

Im gonna spill their blood, everything that needs to be said,
because Scalebound beein' an UWP is goddamn sad.

Ayo

giphy.gif

Steve Ballmer is a wenis

Satya Nadella is a wenis

Phil Spencer is a wenis

but for Sunset Overdrive I'll suck their penis

yuraya

Wait, really ?:p. Every single time I have gone through the area I see several messages pointing this out :p

I think the big thing with that area is you get swarmed very easily. Especially by the spiders. I would assume more than 50% of the people playing that area for the first time don't have the time to read any messages lol. SOTFS is even crazier with the phantoms invading you. There is like 2 different phantoms who invade you from the bonfire below all the way to the boss gate. There is also a third non invading phantom who just stands there and attacks you from a corner.

I myself didn't find out about the torch until NG+. And yea that area goes from most frustrating in the game to the most easiest with a torch equipped. Only thing you have to really worry about is Freja's legs that can crush you and kill you since you won't have shield equipped.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Lichdom: Battlemage -- MB-1F6FB95272AC6D94 - Taken by Costa1774
Contagion -- MB-B5E0136246507AE5 - Taken by fuzzy123
Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! -- MB-B29CCCAFA2E58C92 - Taken by rainking187
Giana Sisters: Dream Runners -- MB-D5CF4C9397299DFE - Taken by FiveElementNinja
t1cxE6r.gif
Shadow Warrior Special Edition -- MB-46BC0F8286009505 - Taken by Insumatposa
Shadowrun Returns -- MB-8B9D1A6D463A3267 - Taken by Shalashaska
RONIN -- MB-177AB8DDFB5F3B08 - Taken by fernandes
t1cxE6r.gif
TransOcean: The Shipping Company -- MB-092E19F37AF04721 - Taken by derExperte
theHunter: Primal -- MB-1918C1197C9A8291 - Taken by UnderWaterTree

Vamphuntr

What's the best way to identify the cause of GPU temperature increasing while idling? My GPU temp used to be 35-38 celcius and now it's like 50 goes slowly up to 64 and fans starts increasing then it goes back to 50 and it cycles like this. I opened the case and checked the fans and they seems to be fine. GPU usage in Win 10 doing nothing is 29% on a GTX 970 that seems high.

What's the best way to identify the cause of GPU temperature increasing while idling? My GPU temp used to be 35-38 celcius and now it's like 50 goes slowly up to 64 and fans starts increasing then it goes back to 50 and it cycles like this. I opened the case and checked the fans and they seems to be fine. GPU usage in Win 10 doing nothing is 29% on a GTX 970 that seems high.

Check all of the fans in the case to see if they are all running. Then go on a dust hunt. Make sure to check air inake areas, they often have dust traps which can get clogged.

Phawx

You can download a tool called process explorer and it will show you what is using the GPU in the chart when you hover over it

Edit: like this:

Edit Edit:

For clarification: tools like OBS will use your GPU. There maybe some background process that you aren't aware of that is using GPU and bringing it out of low power states.

Ryne

Glad I finished Stories: The path of destinies this morning. I wouldn't be able to concentrate on it with Banner Saga 2 out.

gelf

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star -- MB-38CFE7ECD45F832B - Taken by kurahador. 23 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Shadow Warrior Special Edition -- MB-EB95E7622A0DC3BC - Taken by Popstar. 14 entrants total.

t1461119274z1.png

Kriken

CgQaX5hUEAIeBBo.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kriken:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kriken, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair -- MB-57166CD6C4DD1BBC - Taken by Parsnip. 39 entrants total.

t1461195954z1.png

Enjoy

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
from the giveaway a few posts up, was / is Transocean in a bundle and a I missed it?

derExperte

Warning: No idea if this key works, going through my HB library and looking for keys that seem to be unused.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Shutshimi -- MB-F703AACF9FF137A4 - Taken by Sarcasm

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what happened to them ending the greenlight project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom