• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, thank you, Oz - cheers! Will see if I can perhaps pick up a copy from CAG or something. TransOcean looks to be about the right speed for me gaming-wise at the moment.

KSP might be worth jumping back into now, too, given the Unity 5 upgrade - it might run a bit better for those of us with clunky old PCs now? The improvements in 1.1 look great, although there might be a bit of a wait for some mods to be updated for compatibility.
Yo. I was soulsing and just saw this. You can have my copy of course. I'm almost very sure it's unused but you know, no hard feelings if I gave it to someone and forgot :)
Check you pms.

Tenrius

Whatever you do, do NOT grind.

Came back after playing it and I'm said to say you were TOO LATE. Anyway, I read some old GAF threads about the game and get the general picture.

As for the game, the battle system is really fun and I'm getting FFXII vibes from the setting which is always a good thing. Not sure I'll play it a lot in the immediate future, but I will get to it eventually (I have a system that involves jumping between games a lot; it seems to work pretty well since I finished 19 games this year so far, but a major side effect is that my longer game playthroughs are often spread across multiple years)

I've been waiting for a trap bonfire for a while now. It seems like the sort of thing From would do at this point in the series.
It's called, wait for it, subjectivity - an opinion, if you will. It's the one I enjoyed most, simple as that. It wasn't rushed, not in my eyes. I liked the time I had with it most, so it tops my list? I dunno why that's so hard. It's not like I'm objectively reviewing them, because then they'd all be trash since they're all games of pseudo-choice on a janky engine that Telltale refuses to fix. I disagree with you, regardless.

The continued, and quite frankly unnecessary, call outs over harmless preference posts baffles me, m8.

Apoligies if it seemed like a call out, because that wasn't my intention. (Shouldn't have quoted anyone.) I just feel like I'm missing something when it comes to TWAU since my experience was so opposite; that's all I was getting at.

rtcn63

what if it's mouth isn't really it's mouth?

latest

zkylon

zkylewd
well, that's 3 out of 4 lords killed

boss fight 3 was kind of weird cos
siegward just fucking mopped the floor with the guy. like i wasn't even taking damage and siegward was like doing 4k hits and stuff

really strange fight but i guess it was kind of awesome in its own twisted way. i'll try to replay it differently in ng+ or with another character to have a better idea of it

oh also
irina
is missing and
greirat
is dead lol

i swear it's like i failed every single quest lol

I've been waiting for a trap bonfire for a while now. It seems like the sort of thing From would do at this point in the series.
nah, i think that's one thing they wouldn't fuck with

like even if they like messing with you and trolling you, there's a bond of trust that's created that some things are too sacred. i don't think from is that evil

Sch1sm

Apoligies if it seemed like a call out, because that wasn't my intention. (Shouldn't have quoted anyone.) I just feel like I'm missing something when it comes to TWAU since my experience was so opposite; that's all I was getting at.

Oh, well. Here. I'll tell you what it was that TWAU did for me that the others didn't: I didn't find it as predictable? The first episode was slow to me, I was unsure. I said that from the start. It picked up come episode 2, though, with Snow's
fake-ish death,
and the Mayor's
weird obsession,
and continued on from there. The introduction of the women with the
ribbons around their neck,
their
deaths
, and the whole deal with Tweedle-Dee/Tweedle-Dum, who their
boss
was and all of that calling the shots was a fun little deal. Also really loved the whole Bloody Mary/Bigby Wolf moments. I didn't love everything, though - for example, Toad? Hated anything to do with him. So much.

I'm a sucker for a mystery type of thing, though. I'm also a really big fan of movies that are so bad they're good, so my taste is questionable a lot, anyway.

Sch1sm

Whistlisted so hard.

Anyway, anyone has a clue about the gameplay? People pn the gaming side are still arguing whether it's an SP or MP focused game.

Only just now seeing the trailer for myself. It looks like it could be both.

Tags on steam aren't helping either.

I'm with Leaf. Maybe it's similar to Far Cry/Outland/Unity and you can optionally Co-Op since it's "a band of exiles." Guess we'll find out.

Suddenly, the Banner Saga 2, out of nowhere.
Oh, well. Here. I'll tell you what it was that TWAU did for me that the others didn't: I didn't find it as predictable? The first episode was slow to me, I was unsure. I said that from the start. It picked up come episode 2, though, with Snow's
fake-ish death,
and the Mayor's
weird obsession,
and continued on from there. The introduction of the women with the
ribbons around their neck,
their
deaths
, and the whole deal with Tweedle-Dee/Tweedle-Dum, who their
boss
was and all of that calling the shots was a fun little deal. Also really loved the whole Bloody Mary/Bigby Wolf moments. I didn't love everything, though - for example, Toad? Hated anything to do with him. So much.

I'm a sucker for a mystery type of thing, though. I'm also a really big fan of movies that are so bad they're good, so my taste is questionable a lot, anyway.

Thanks. Fables is an interesting setting with lots of cool ideas, I'll give it that.

TWAU2 could be promising... just as much as Tales From the Borderlands 2. Yeah!
tears here

Tellaerin

It's nice that the Unity launcher lets you reconfigure controls and set your graphics options, but it's really irritating that the settings you choose aren't saved when you exit. It gets tiresome rebinding all your keys every time you launch a game. (I'm looking at you, OutDrive.)

Lomax

The thing I liked the most about TWAU was that the choices seemed to shape who your character was, not just who he was arbitrarily surrounded with. It was the closest to "role playing" that any of the Telltale games have felt like to me, and that made it awesome.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's nice that the Unity launcher lets you reconfigure controls and set your graphics options, but it's really irritating that the settings you choose aren't saved when you exit. It gets tiresome rebinding all your keys every time you launch a game. (I'm looking at you, OutDrive.)
i dont think that's a unity thing, i'm pretty sure most games remember your settings

i'd blame unity for being crappy and being a nightmare to add in-game settings of almost any kind -__-

Pyre is a role playing game in a sense that is some weird 3 on 3 sports thingy. Jeff on Giant Bomb explained what the game is. I decided to record this part. I dunno it sounds really weird. It is single player though. There MIGHT be multiplayer though. Later though. It sounds really weird.

I did record this part at first but, that didn't pan out too well.

Ozium

Uh yes?
Look if u want someone to see the quality of the ports for u just ask as such instead of posting like that

all I read on the steam forum is they are the same thing except 1080p max instead of 720p max, and different achievements

Lain

It took me one month to gear up and get 200k DPS..

It's not a hack, just an in-game glitch. The game is such a mess..

To me it looks like not hacking/glitching/exploiting/cheesing/cheating is the same as leaving money on the table in this game.
So, how do you do it?

I am still wondering why so much of this game is client side.

Yeah, it's baffling that you can fast forward the game time from your windows to next week so you can get next week's weekly rewards.

To me it looks like not hacking/glitching/exploiting/cheesing/cheating is the same as leaving money on the table in this game.
So, how do you do it?

Indeed. At this point, you can't see who's actually cheating with hacks or just exploiting the game's glitches anymore.

Check the Division OT last page if you're interested, there's a video tutorial for that. Basically, you're abusing a weapon talent (which adds weapon damage) so it stacks every time you switch weapons quickly.

Deques

Final Fantasy IX has broken 100k!

Owners: 99,613 ± 7,378

Other FF games that haven't broken 100k yet

FINAL FANTASY IV: THE AFTER YEARS
Owners: 63,925 ± 5,911

FINAL FANTASY V
Owners: 43,142 ± 4,856

FINAL FANTASY VI
Owners: 53,605 ± 5,413

2016-04-20.png

I guess this means releasing for steam on the same date too?

Yes... in Japan. But in West, it doesn't seems to be the case. It was confirmed since reveal the PC version would release on Steam on same day and date as handheld in Japan. I suspect Aksys to have asked the PC version to be delayed in West as Spike Chunsoft will selfpublish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom