• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Fantasy IX has broken 100k!

Owners: 99,613 ± 7,378

Other FF games that haven't broken 100k yet

FINAL FANTASY IV: THE AFTER YEARS
Owners: 63,925 ± 5,911

FINAL FANTASY V
Owners: 43,142 ± 4,856

FINAL FANTASY VI
Owners: 53,605 ± 5,413

It's funny how yet, SE treats Steam with so much indifference. The game is still in the top sellers and keep selling well... yet they made a late release... and a stealth one at that ! It wasn't announced anywhere. Not even a PR release... nothing. Just dumped there.

Yes... in Japan. But in West, it doesn't seems to be the case. It was confirmed since reveal the PC version would release on Steam on same day and date as handheld in Japan. I suspect Aksys to have asked the PC version to be delayed in West as Spike Chunsoft will selfpublish it.

I see. Thanks for the info :eek:

Lain

2016-04-20.png

I guess this means releasing for steam on the same date too?

The way it should be. Take lessons, Tabata.

bakeray

Yeah, kinda happy I didn't purchase the Division yet. I made a fuss about all the glitches/exploits in the beta thread and how I didn't really have much confidence in them fixing things that close to launch. I got torn to shreds about how I should 'trust the developer cus they said they'd fix everything!'

It's just so sad to me how the so many AAA online-centric games have gone over the years. I feel like they have really been butchering the QA tests for these sorts of things. I know you can't prevent every thing, but there have been far too many instances of games being shipped broken. I don't want these games to fail, on the contrary, I mainly play games like these, but I really have a hard time committing to pre-orders anymore because of it. It just seems like once they get the pre-order $$$ we get hung out to dry. I know Ubi has been actively trying to patch these mistakes but you shouldn't have to wait months to be able to play a game legitimately or feel like you're not able to keep up with people.

As shitty as it has been to miss out on what I think looks like the best iteration of an MMOFPS yet I cannot stand hacking/cheating in a game like that, it just completely ruins the experience. I will probably pick it up when it hits $20 or so but no way am I paying full price for that bullshit.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I think Castle In The Darkness is coming close to me just putting it down without collecting everything or getting the good ending, as the NES style focus toward a Metroid like game just isn't drawing me in (I'm a 16-bit fan at pixelated heart) to see and do it all.
It's a good game that surprisingly makes it's references change up enemy combat rather than "ha ha, look at that, it's a reference to another game!" , but I hit the point where finding new items or weapons isn't going to change up enough to push me forward.

At least the main game. In a surprising turn of events, the unlocks are things like Easy Mode, original demo, E3 demo, and so forth that actually offer some different experiences that I want to complete.

zkylon

zkylewd
there's a weird thing in argie ebay that sells random steam keys for $1

i'm tempted to try it out lol

i'm really not gonna

i ended up buying boxed riven cos it looked like a cool thing to have lol

Corpekata

Banned
I don't believe that Japan will get it first on Steam. It's either going to be day and date everywhere, or it's delayed there too. It makes little sense to release it on Steam Japan ahead of time given the small install base there (and it's already niche as fuck in the first place). Have there been any games before that have released in Japan on Steam ahead of their western versions?

English trailers don't mention Steam at all. Aksys keeps claiming it's coming at a later date that they will announce later in the year. The game is getting released on Steam in Japan in 2 months and we still don't have a date.

I believe Aksys got the game delayed in West on Steam to enjoy western sales for a moment.

I don't believe that Japan will get it first on Steam. It's either going to be day and date everywhere, or it's delayed there too. It makes little sense to release it on Steam Japan ahead of time given the small install base there (and it's already niche as fuck in the first place). Have there been any games before that have released in Japan on Steam ahead of their western versions?

That's the only possibility though.
Here's some facts:
-Spike Chunsoft announced to Famitsu the game will be released on PSVita and 3DS on June 30th in Japan. That the game is coming to Steam at the same date.
-Japanese trailers show 3DS/Vita/Steam. English trailers only show 3DS/Vita.
-Aksys said the game is coming to Steam, at a later date, that they will announce the date later in the year.
-Aksys publish the game on 3DS and Vita in West (even in Europe, which is the reason we do'nt get physical version in Europe while Rising Star Games was ready to publish it). Spike Chunsoft is publishing the game on 3DS/Vita/Steam in Japan and will likely publish it in West on Steam too.

The conclusion I see in all of this ?
Aksys asked in their deal to delay the Steam version in West, to not take revenue away from them.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm just glad this game doesn't have standard doors, because that would then mean mimic doors. I don't even like that kind of stuff in Zelda.

ExoSoul

Banned
IMPORTANT WARNING:

If you get a message in DS3 regarding invalid data stop playing.
FROM is at it again with their genius anti-cheat system, once you're flagged (people still have no idea what's causing it, popular theory is that it's related to having XBOX/DualShock controllers plugged in) there's nothing you can do, no matter how you try to fix it the game will continue flagging you for invalid data leading to a ban.

I hadn't even noticed I had been flagged until EmergentFocus pointed it out, I thought it was just regular EULA stuff each time I logged in.

At least no more invaders right, right?
Oh that's right, now I'll get invaded by immortals...
SAF

Ludens

Banned
IMPORTANT WARNING:

FROM is at it again with their genius anti-cheat system, once you're flagged (people still have no idea what's causing it, popular theory is that it's related to having XBOX/DualShock controllers plugged in) there's nothing you can do, no matter how you try to fix it the game will continue flagging you for invalid data leading to a ban.

I hadn't even noticed I had been flagged until EmergentFocus pointed it out, I thought it was just regular EULA stuff each time I logged in.

SAF

What a clusterfuck. Did From say something about?

MUnited83

For you.
IMPORTANT WARNING:

SAF

This hasn't happened to me yet, but my multiplayer is like almost completely fucking dead :(. I haven't seen a white summon sign in ages, and only very rarely can I ever invade someone, and the watchdogs covenant just isn't working. Really souring me on the game tbh

ExoSoul

Banned
What a clusterfuck. Did From say something about?

Not From but Namco said this:

"Dear Customer,

The BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment support team is currently experiencing a higher than normal amount of customer contacts due to the recent release of Dark Souls III. We apologize for being unable to assist you in our normal timely manner and recommend that you please visit our support center (link provided below) where we have posted many articles to our various games with answers to frequently asked questions posed by other end users.

Rest assured that we have received your email and our support staff will be replying back to your inquiry in the order it was submitted. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and continued support.

Thanks,

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America support team."

Not mine, another user with the same problem. Other people that tried to contact them got the same automated response, some even getting multiple emails back.

This hasn't happened to me yet, but my multiplayer is like almost completely fucking dead :(. I haven't seen a white summon sign in ages, and only very rarely can I ever invade someone, and the watchdogs covenant just isn't working. Really souring me on the game tbh

The problem isn't multi-player per-se, mine was working fine even after getting flagged, people still summoned me and I could see signs.
Just pay attention to the pop-up when you log into the game.

Ludens

Banned

"Dear Customer,

The BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment support team is currently experiencing a higher than normal amount of customer contacts due to the recent release of Dark Souls III. We apologize for being unable to assist you in our normal timely manner and recommend that you please visit our support center (link provided below) where we have posted many articles to our various games with answers to frequently asked questions posed by other end users.

Rest assured that we have received your email and our support staff will be replying back to your inquiry in the order it was submitted. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and continued support.

Thanks,

Not mine, another user with the same problem. Other people that tried to contact them got the same automated response, some even getting multiple emails back.

Did you use some external software?
Maybe DS4 Windows, I don't know if actually it may trigger something, but maybe From anti-cheat system sucks and it detects everything running with the game.
Just a think, I don't even own the game so I can't help really.
EDIT: If you can summon, what's the purpose of that pop-up? It's like a fake ban? Lol.

Anyway I was looking to MGSV community hub to check if MGO is still dead and buggy (it is), what's going on with all those people having their savefiles wiped after the April update?

MUnited83

For you.

"Dear Customer,

Thanks,

The problem isn't multi-player per-se, mine was working fine even after getting flagged, people still summoned me and I could see signs.
Just pay attention to the pop-up when you log into the game.
That message never appeared for me. Been using DS4Windows to play it since release.
Maybe DS4 Windows, I don't know if actually it may trigger something, but maybe From anti-cheat system sucks and it detects everything running with the game.
EDIT: If you can summon, what's the purpose of that pop-up? It's like a fake ban? Lol.
You can summon, yeah, but you can only play with people that have been banned too. So you will be pooled with all the actual cheaters.

ExoSoul

Banned

Yes, InputMapper just like i do with most every game. People have also had this happen to them while playing with XBOX controllers and other mapping software that's why people are associating the two but it might not even be that.

No, I could summon and be summoned when I was flagged for invalid data and the message, I have now been proper banned.

Ludens

Banned
You can summon, yeah, but you can only play with people that have been banned too. So you will be pooled with all the actual cheaters.

Oh, it's similar to MGSV than, with people playing in a "cheaters paradise" separate section (at least it's what a Konami dude told back in days).

I'm really curious about this ban thing, anyway, hope From will tell something about soon, just to see if they did some kind of mistake or there's something else going on.
I checked the community hub and some people claiming they've been banned have also a VAC ban, so at least some of those bans are legit I guess.

I've been putting more money into PSN than Steam lately. Another sale... Digimon Cyber Sleuth already 50% off, I'm still trying to finish Cold Steel which I picked up during the previous sale about a month ago. Stahp!

Meanwhile I was just about to say that I'm seeing invasions too often in the game. Like thrice in the span of an hour last night. Wasn't there supposed to be some cooldown between invasions?

I also signs of all colors everywhere. Check that you haven't accidentally turned off matchmaking or set a password.

I've been putting more money into PSN than Steam lately. Another sale... Digimon Cyber Sleuth already 50% off, I'm still trying to finish Cold Steel which I picked up during the previous sale about a month ago. Stahp!

I need to buy both those games. Digimon I want to get a physical copy which only released in South East Asia, and I want to get the Cold Steel limited edition box but they both cost a lot for someone used to Steam prices :p

any steamspy numbers for Dark Souls 3 yet?

686k owners

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
So, uhm, i've got a weird "issue": I suddenly have 4,80 in my Steam Wallet.
The thing is, I have no idea how it got there.

I'm not complaining, but it's kinda freaking me out.
Anyone here's got an idea where it came from?

In other news; Dark Souls 3's level-design is incredible and I can never play a Souls game without the Steam Controller again.
It's a strange piece of hardware, but it's been growing on me.

Deques

So, uhm, i've got a weird "issue": I suddenly have 4,80 in my Steam Wallet.
The thing is, I have no idea how it got there.

In other news; Dark Souls 3's level-design is incredible and I can never play a Souls game without the Steam Controller again.
It's a strange piece of hardware, but it's been growing on me.

I got Russian rubel added to my account a few years ago, it resulted me being trade banned for a few days

Hektor

English trailers don't mention Steam at all. Aksys keeps claiming it's coming at a later date that they will announce later in the year. The game is getting released on Steam in Japan in 2 months and we still don't have a date.

I believe Aksys got the game delayed in West on Steam to enjoy western sales for a moment.

What? This sounds like bullshit no offense. Then again Japanese companys are weird. If that's true then I wait for the steam release out for principle even though I want to play it on vita actually.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Spyder638 said:
Same thing here. £3.20 wallet credit from Valve's Mastercard. Where'd this come from?

Has anyone made any purchases recently?

As for me here's my recent buys to see if anything matches up: Dark Souls 3 Steam Controller Bundle, Speedrunners, No Man's Sky, Hitman Upgrade Pack
This might be it. There was some funky stuff going on when I purchased it. It failed a couple of times and the Dark Souls loyalty discount didn't come through.

Anyway, thanks for the link, i'll keep an eye on the thread.
It's a strange day.

Jadax

Most of my friends who played Battleborn say it's quite decent if you want to play through it once. It's pretty much an attempt to cross BL with some moba mechanics (some that work, some that fall flat).

I tried it a bit at my friends, I seemed to enjoy it (though I liked the BL series, so maybe I just enjoy Gearbox's humor/art-style).

The biggest complaint they had was the lack of story for each character.

So I was about launch Dark Souls 3 and noticed something new at the top of my tray icon.
Right clicking on my steam tray icon shows me this "Beta access to the new steam community"
Does anyone know what this is about?

derExperte

https://www.indiegala.com/hump

Pay only $1 and Get these 3 great games!

Death Ray Manta SE (STEAM) +
Hack, Slash, Loot (STEAM) +
Little Walker (STEAM)

Pay only $2.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and SAVE OVER 95%! Get The Entire Bundle of 12 Steam Games!

Pertinence (STEAM) +
Morphine (STEAM)
Scapeland (STEAM) +
Forgotten, Not Lost - A Kinetic Novel (STEAM) +
Princess.Loot.Pixel.Again + SOUNDTRACK DLC (STEAM) +
FranknJohn (STEAM)
Bacteria Complete (STEAM) +
DAMAGE CONTROL (STEAM) +
Hack RUN (STEAM)

Mivey

Maybe some organisation is trying make some chunk of money disappear by gifting it to random people on Steam piece by piece. Could be that they were evading taxes, so the chash has to go away. Could be cheaper than having to pay punitive damages.

Well, or it's just some mistake on Steam's end. By reversed Occam's razor, I would go with the one that sounds more like poorly written B-movie plot.

What? This sounds like bullshit no offense. Then again Japanese companys are weird. If that's true then I wait for the steam release out for principle even though I want to play it on vita actually.

I was planning to get it on both Steam and 3DS on release date, but if it indeed happens, Aksys wont see any penny from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom