• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't you just use an android emulator to install steam app and setup the mobile guard?
I haven't tried it myself though, just an idea.

I don't want to risk my chances of Steam getting pissed with me, for whatever reason, especially as a Steamworks Dev.

An indie Steamworks Dev.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't want to risk my chances of Steam getting pissed with me, for whatever reason, especially as a Steamworks Dev.

An indie Steamworks Dev.

It's impossible for Valve to know whether or not you're actually using the app on a mobile.

I completed MechaNika. I do not have much experience with Point and click adventure games, outside of the few I played for educational purposes as a child and some other kid ones. Didn't play the Sierra or Lucasarts games of old. This one is pretty easy and straight forward. I liked the dark humor in it but, I can get why one wouldn't. It has some self referential humor that his a bit too on the nose at times but, I enjoyed it.
Huh apparently I missed robo fortune for free assuming he was free for a period of time like the rest?

That she was.

Don't know how this DLC will be dealt out for me though. I have all the characters. Hope it's cheaper or something.

zkylon

zkylewd
The protagonist’s mission will not be told as a chain of important daily tasks, but rather as a series of “arches” that span several days each. You will be able to complete an “arch” whenever you can (which means that yes, you can roleplay as a student who finishes everything a minute before the deadline). It may seem very novel, but in reality mostly allows for more natural goal-setting (obligatory asterisk, as there’s more on that below: *). Does this mean the system will become more forgiving? Ha ha. Will there be punishment for failing to move the story forward? Ha ha ha.

finally got around to reading the pathologic remake kickstarter update

i love what they're saying and i love how they're saying

ice pick lodge is the best

The RE4 retexture project is the shit.

and this week needs to end already, I wanna do nothing but shoot some bald people in Rage.
can't help but bow to the modder's commitment to accuracy

I haven't played Dark Souls yet, it's on my backlog .__.

I have trouble with long games, I usually only do a couple of those a year, and this year I'm doing The Witcher 2 and probably Pilars of Eternity.

I have trouble finishing long games. I think the longest this year so far has been Dying Light at 40 hours, Grim Dawn at under 30 hours and Blackguards 2 at about 22 hours. Can't even contemplate starting a 100 hour game atm!

Hektor

Happy b-day Veggs

happy birthday zky and veggie!!!!!

weird to think that in two weeks I'll be 18 and will acquire magnanimous knowledge in every topic known by mankind

right guys

I thought the 1990 means your birthyear. Mind =blown

That moment someone is playing some stupid match 3 game or hidden object game and you assume they are idling but they are actually playing it of their own free will

200w_d.gif

Hidden object games are actually pretty fun. Played them a lot back in the day when I still bought gaming magazines, nowadays not so much anymore.

I really couldn't bring myself to start any steam game, I only want to play Dark Souls 3 and it's still not released.

That's the same position I'm in. Start a game, play it for five minutes and drop it again. My frothing demand for this game increases.

Arthea

what is this madness? Bejeweled 3 is one of the best games ever! As is Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, as is M&M: Clash of Heroes.

Anyway, I hope Dang is rated 18+, because it totally should be, it would have had scared me as a child.
I also find
colour
of blood to be rather strange choice.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like my videocard is gonna die any day now

on top of the constant driver crash messages, now videos on youtube are having this weird stutter

i'll keep it until it breaks i guess, i don't wanna be out a videocard for a bunch of days with dark souls so close :T

Anteater

i feel like my videocard is gonna die any day now

on top of the constant driver crash messages, now videos on youtube are having this weird stutter

i'll keep it until it breaks i guess, i don't wanna be out a videocard for a bunch of days with dark souls so close :T

Are you on nvidia? There were some issues with some newer drivers for some people apparently, maybe it could be just that?

tuxfool

Banned
Hidden object games are actually pretty fun. Played them a lot back in the day when I still bought gaming magazines, nowadays not so much anymore.

I'm struggling to see how these two actions are related. What is it about gaming magazines that made you play hidden object games? Or vice versa?

zkylon

zkylewd
Are you on nvidia? There were some issues with some newer drivers for some people apparently, maybe it could be just that?
i've tried a variety of drivers, including the ones i had before switching videocards like 10 months ago

it's on warranty so i should be able to ask for another one, i hope

warranties in argieland aren't super good

Tizoc

That moment someone is playing some stupid match 3 game or hidden object game and you assume they are idling but they are actually playing it of their own free will

200w_d.gif

Match 3 games are like crack man, once you start...it never lets go
*Goes back to grinding exp in Clash of Heroes*

I hope SteamGAF gives a break to The House in Fata Morgana

Great art and the soundtrack is amazing IMO. You can also play the trial which includes Chapter 1 & 2 of the W.I.P version which should give you a taste of what to expect.

Oh yeah I'm planning on getting it when it releases, really like the art style in there.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yes, but Eastern Europen retail keys tend to be heavily region-locked.

Yeah, I checked and they're just activation locked.

Do I just connect a VPN, accept the gift and redeem? Because it still shows my currency as pounds when I connect to a VPN on the site and client

Messiah

Do I just connect a VPN, accept the gift and redeem? Because it still shows my currency as pounds when I connect to a VPN on the site and client

Stop! Using VPNs for buying or activating gifts will get your account banned pretty quick.

Just use VPNs to activate keys.

Edit: too slow

HTC addresses the Vive's rocky launch
There were suspicions that headsets ordered via PayPal were shipping ahead of those bought by credit card. According to HTC this is not the case: orders are processed on a first in, first out basis. However, PayPal users are charged immediately whereas card purchases are charged once the Vive is sent. If you paid by card and the authorisation hold disappears before you receive any shipping information, HTC advises you to get in touch.
Still more reassuring, HTC claims that there are currently no shipping delays. Your order will be sent in the month originally promised.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of freshVeggie, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Adventures of Pip -- MB-0AE5704935040380 - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 26 entrants total.
A fun retro platformer
Binary Domain Collection -- MB-5D982E505373BE01 - Taken by daydream. 3 entrants total.
One of my favorite TPS of recent time!
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition -- MB-3BC2A318EC070D8C - Taken by Lashley. 21 entrants total.
Your best shot at a good Batman vs. Superman
Shadow Blade: Reload -- MB-0CC6A21E68C755A9 - Taken by Natty1. 19 entrants total.
I hear it's better than new Strider
Rex Rocket -- MB-233912F5558E9FAF - Taken by user237. 9 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-36D226F03AEA648F - Taken by GaussTek. 22 entrants total.
A charming classic
Divekick -- MB-C9BD9DBB2F1396DA - Taken by Cth. 6 entrants total.
Sky Rogue -- MB-9F07A69BFF0B2C87 - Taken by fallout. 21 entrants total.
La-Mulana -- MB-B91856A731E2DFB2 - Taken by data. 9 entrants total.

t1460158276z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Oh. You said keys. Gifts are a no-no. Even if you use a VPN to activate one, it'll be runtime-restricted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom