• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzhex

All three DLC are pretty much the same, can be copmleted in around 1.5h-2h.

- Do setup mission that open new area
- Do everything there
- Complete second mission
- Two first also add some challenges

So missions wise they are pretty boring. I also aren't too much into boats, so that's last DLC pretty much nullfied.

Mecha's were cool tho and wingsuit boosting improved that too.

I didn't have any performance issues, but I just didn't like the game all that much. There are some great parts here and there, primarily the usual Just Cause stuff. The explosions are great, the wingsuit and the parachute are really fun, and it is rather enjoyable to soar into a base and start blowing everything up. That said, I still have a tough time recommending it. Things start to get old really quickly, and while there's a bit more variety in the bases and cities this time around, there are a lot less of them. The missions are pretty weak, as well. While they're not GTA4 bad, they're still forgettable.

Haven't tried any of the DLC, either.

Thanks for the impressions.

Sounds worth buying just to mess around for a few hours, try out all the vehicles etc. Loved gliding around in jc2, scaling the mountains and driving off the peaks, which was new and exciting years ago, not so sure now.

Tizoc

I'm curious if the reason people like Toom Braider '13 is cuz they've been adjusted to enjoy every piece of uninspired repetitive elements found in AAA gaming today.
Or they really just enjoy murdering people and they use it as a veil to cover over how bland the game actually is.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I'm curious if the reason people like Toom Braider '13 is cuz they've been adjusted to enjoy every piece of uninspired repetitive elements found in AAA gaming today.
Or they really just enjoy murdering people and they use it as a veil to cover over how bland the game actually is.

or different people enjoy different things

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kagamin

I actually like every game that I've played.

I'd like to trade in one Nier Automoto PC port for one Yakuza series PC port please.

And I'd like to trade that in for a Project Diva series PC port.

Tizoc

or different people enjoy different things

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wish I could see it like that but TR '13 has so many uninspired elements in that bog it down that I wonder how people thought it was as entertaining as they seem to say it is.
I mean the first 15 or so minutes of the game is bloody QTEs.

Mind you, if they like it for the combat I can understand that, but if they like the game as a whole that's when I begin to question it.

Wok

I played Tomb Raider for the hair. It makes for some awesome screenshots.

CA7533C503BB6AC3E18F1D753C798E0C1A33F2DD
4BD3D75D9F4D9787104FDA646153ABFC0E538792

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Wish I could see it like that but TR '13 has so many uninspired elements in that bog it down that I wonder how people thought it was as entertaining as people seem to say it is.
I mean the first 15 or so minutes of the game is bloody QTEs.

I must admit I don't think that deep about most games, I don't care that much for AAA cinematic games either overall (which doesn't mean there aren't good ones), and I couldn't care less about the story in TB13 (just like 95% of all games)... but for some reason I had really fun with it an even finished it... which doesn't happen often these days...

but why I had so much fun... don't really know...
it's the same with Far Cry games, I rarely care for FPS games... but those games just click with me...

maybe sometimes I'm just happy with dumb fun...

AHA-Lambda

header.jpg

Steep now up for pre-order. Been wanting a decent snowboarding game since I had to sell 1080 Snowboarding and my N64 a few years back. Will wait til closer to the time for reviews and impressions, though, because, well, £39.99? That's... a bit...

steep.

Isn't £39.99 cheap for Ubi these days? Past few AC games were at £50 :S

Ludens

Banned
-Silent Hill MIA
- Resident Evil turned into a three times expensive Soma, spin-off are Digital Homicide quality titles
-Metal Gear Solid is literally a zombie
-Final Fantasy is a Zoolander prequel

What's next? Shenmue 3 being a dating simulator?

Tizoc

I must admit I don't think that deep about most games, I don't care that much for AAA cinematic games either overall (which doesn't mean there aren't good ones), and I couldn't care less about the story in TB13 (just like 95% of all games)... but for some reason I had really fun with it an even finished it... which doesn't happen often these days...

but why I had so much fun... don't really know...
it's the same with Far Cry games, I rarely care for FPS games... but those games just click with me...

maybe sometimes I'm just happy with dumb fun...

Interesting points, at times though one should revisit some of the games one had played with a more indepth view, to better give the game proper judgement.
I'm that kind of guy I guess...

Mind you I'm always down for dumb fun but I find that games with uncommon aspects or ridiculous stuff make me rank it higher than some may say it to be.
Like Killer is Dead for example.

Started gone home cuz I needed somethin chill and easy. Loving the tension and it feels legitimately scary when lights aren't on. Played for an hr, got stuck and gave up. Wanna finish it but really dont wanna waste time figuring it out. just tryna relax in between the craziness of wedding planning

Pixieking

Banned
Well Watch Dogs 2 is £40 and I'm pretty sure the first launched at £50

Oh, is it? You're right about the first being £50, so maybe they are lowering the bar on prices. Would be good if they were - I might bite on Steep at £39.99, but I definitely wouldn't at £49.99.

kagamin

I'll trade both mediocre series for a Phantasy Star Online 2 localization + NA servers, thanks!

Let me say thus now from experience, you don't want that, it would take them forever to catch up in content and many of the collaboration items would be impossible to license. The best solution is to use the English patch of see if people can set up private servers without them being taken down lol.

Vlad

Sounds worth buying just to mess around for a few hours, try out all the vehicles etc. Loved gliding around in jc2, scaling the mountains and driving off the peaks, which was new and exciting years ago, not so sure now.

It's still actually really fun to get around the world, as long as you don't drive (the vehicle handling is a little goofy). You actually move around a bit more slowly via the parachute, but this means that it's more suitable for attacking from. The wing suit actually takes a little getting used to, but in a good way. In the beginning, you're smacking face-first into everything, but once you start getting used to it it's really satisfying to skim along the ground. It's even plenty controllable with the keyboard, as I was able to get gold medals on all the wingsuit challenges with it.

Just bought Mirror's Edge Catalyst for $23 from me amigos at Origin Mexico. Should be a fun romp. They also had Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY for $13.49 but I already have that on PS4 and I've barely touched it at that.

Grief.exe

I just want to say, I think this thread has really cleaned up in the past few months.

There has been a substantial drop in random posts, way off topic gifs, and posts designed to intentionally make people uncomfortable.

Great work.

33650-11-26-A.m.-Chuck-Schumer-Is-Up-First-As-The-Master-Of-Ceremonies-....gif

Zeknurn

I just want to say, I think this thread has really cleaned up in the past few months.

There has been a substantial drop in random posts, way of topic gifs, and posts designed to intentionally make people uncomfortable.

Great work.

Yup, it's why I came back.

Amzin

Interesting points, at times though one should revisit some of the games one had played with a more indepth view, to better give the game proper judgement.
I'm that kind of guy I guess...

Mind you I'm always down for dumb fun but I find that games with uncommon aspects or ridiculous stuff make me rank it higher than some may say it to be.
Like Killer is Dead for example.

See, I played through KiD, but I can't say I enjoyed most of it. The combat itself was OK but kind of shallow (too many useless moves bugs me), there was tons of janky pacing in the non-combat, navigating the menus and stuff was even annoying. Whereas I really enjoyed both the new TRs, the latest one even more because of the Tombs being deeper and more fun. I actually think the combat in the first was a little better though. My biggest complaint for the game is probably the story/characters were like 30% of the way to being good but just mishandled badly.

The medieval soldier thing was also pretty dumb but that was like 3 scenes that you could power through with giant guns so eh.

Cars/Motorbikes in JC3 are super terrible to control, compared to JC2, unless they've patched a change in (doubtful). But the wingsuit, planes, and helicopters are all OK. If the vehicles had been better I would have just straight up enjoyed it more than 2 but with the vehicles being essentially not in the game for me, it ends up being a wash. The new grapple is fantastic, the base takeovers are mostly satisfying.

Edit:

There has been a substantial drop in random posts, way off topic gifs, and posts designed to intentionally make people uncomfortable.

Great work.

It helps when there's actual news and bundles and whatever to stimulate non-random talk :p

Hektor

Great work.

Posts like these will come off as a challenge tho

Tizoc

Great work.

thanks grief i do try my best~

Lain

Great work.

Would have been better without the random off topic gif.

Let me say thus now from experience, you don't want that, it would take them forever to catch up in content and many of the collaboration items would be impossible to license. The best solution is to use the English patch of see if people can set up private servers without them being taken down lol.

I already tried and it wasn't worth playing on a Japan server. So much lag and desync issues. No idea about private servers but I'm not jumping through 30 hoops to play the sequel to a game that was localized 15 years ago. I'll just not buy Sega games on PC, they don't really ever release anything of value anyway.

Capcpoom can similarly fuck off for doing the same to Monster Hunter Online. No reason we shouldn't be able to play that game other than incompetence. Bunch of goons at Capcom I tell ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom