• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Dude WTF. I was seriously about to post that exact same gif...

I just want to say, I think this thread has really cleaned up in the past few months.

There has been a substantial drop in random posts, way off topic gifs, and posts designed to intentionally make people uncomfortable.

Great work.
Why you trying to challenge people.
Thanks they should be on sale over at Origin atm.
Bad Company 2 is also on Steam and goes for 2,50€ regularly during sales. Bad Company 1 never came out on PC, it's a PS360 exclusive.
Killer Bundle 8 - $4.99 (Ends In 2 Weeks)

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/killer-bundle-8

Blue Estate The Game
Dead Effect 2
Odallus: The Dark Call
Riff Racer - Race Your Music!
Star Ruler 2
Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Reborn
One More Dungeon
Cross of the Dutchman
Better Late Than DEAD
PONCHO
Carnivores looks fun but not enough to get the bundle. Never played an on-rails-shooter, so I dunno how I'd like it.

Knurek

All the new games I have, and here I am replaying Arkham City.

I mean come on! I have more than 3000 games on Steam alone. I shouldn't be replaying anything.

And yet... Something about the game just speaks to me.
Arkham City was a better game

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I just want to say, I think this thread has really cleaned up in the past few months.

There has been a substantial drop in random posts, way off topic gifs, and posts designed to intentionally make people uncomfortable.

Great work.

33650-11-26-A.m.-Chuck-Schumer-Is-Up-First-As-The-Master-Of-Ceremonies-....gif

There's been a substantial drop in posts in general, regardless of how much is signal or noise. The thread has been moving a lot slower lately, especially during "night time in the US" hours and it's pretty common for there to only be a page or two of activity by the time US GAF wakes up now.

Not saying any area's posting habits are better but not having 20 pages of random crap posted when a mod probably isn't watching helps with the feeling the thread has improved.

Pachimari

New Mafia 3 gameplay (with German interview over it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13YNrjcaAOM

I am excited for this game :D
I don't know. This taking over turfs to build your own empire is definitely gonna get very repetitive. So I'm not that excited. Although, it being set it New Orleans brings all kinds of feels up in me. And then I start getting confused, so much that I don't know how excited I am. My hype barometer might just be broken.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
i really wish we got that original game. its not even the same story anymore, its just the the 4 main characters put into an entirely new game and story :(

There was no original game, what they showed you was a bunch of poppycock. Hence why it never got out of video form.

Hikami

3 and 4 are very well regarded in this thread dont expec tthem to play like ys but they are bound to be a tun experience for you

Velocity 2x now runs properly on windows 10 give it a shot if u like 2d action mixed with shmup

Just finished the first 2 and they were indeed fun, definitely getting 3 and 4 on Steam. I apparently have Velocity 2x from PS+ but never played it (like almost every other PS+ game I have), checking that out as well.

Tizoc

Just finished the first 2 and they were indeed fun, definitely getting 3 and 4 on Steam. I apparently have Velocity 2x from PS+ but never played it (like almost every other PS+ game I have), checking that out as well.

You're in luck as at least the 4th Momodora game is on sale on Steam atm :D

illusionary

Odallus, that cool NES looking Castlevania lookin game is on sale 70% off
14.99 to 4.49
I've been wanting this for a while
http://store.steampowered.com/app/319480/

Well, this was very timely, given today's offering from Bundle Stars! I think that I may have to have this bundle...

Sublevel Zero is 8.50$ @ chrono.gg

Yeah, this piqued my interest, as it's on my Steam wishlist and I loved Descent in its day (even if I never progressed to Descent 2 or 3)... it doesn't feel quite low enough for an impulse buy, though as I'm plenty busy enough with games already.

Lain

I think my 970 fans stopped working. Started getting a weird behavior while playing some games with the FPS tanking and at the end of some checks, the temps were hitting the 90s and not going down. Is there a good guide to fix a GPU fan? I don't feel like buying a new one right now, if I could help it.

NieR Automata on Steam. Nice, very nice.

Killer Bundle 8 - $4.99 (Ends In 2 Weeks)

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/killer-bundle-8

Blue Estate The Game
Dead Effect 2
Odallus: The Dark Call
Riff Racer - Race Your Music!
Star Ruler 2
Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Reborn
One More Dungeon
Cross of the Dutchman
Better Late Than DEAD
PONCHO

Worth for Odallus alone. Fans of classic Castlevania games should definitely check it out.

It bums me out the Far Cry 3 outposts can't be reset on a whim. You have to beat the game first. The world isn't very full of anything right now.

The Buck missions are pretty great fun and look really nice. It's hilarious how far away from the entrances you pop out of the maps after each one.

ArchiSteamFarm set up is very streamlined from when it came out. Since 'ol Idlemaster kicked the bucket (not for all, apparently) I had to try something new. So far so good.
I think my 970 fans stopped working. Started getting a weird behavior while playing some games with the FPS tanking and at the end of some checks, the temps were hitting the 90s and not going down. Is there a good guide to fix a GPU fan? I don't feel like buying a new one right now, if I could help it.
Fixing PC fans isn't worth the bother, generally. If the games work better at the start of the session and decline, check the whole system's airflow. Clean everything. Maybe take the cooler off your card and put on new thermal paste. ??

Hektor

I just found out you can't actually drive the car in FFXV and it is a complete on rail experience?

why???

Guess i better downgrade my expectations to a few beautiful hours with cidney at most.

I just bought a limited edition (only 2000) Razer Deus Ex Mankind Divided mousepad for $20, what have I become? And I'm trying to convince myself not to buy the matching mouse and keyboard set...

EDIT: Also Steam with that hard hitting meta commentary on the state of video games today!

1gtkP21.png

Corpekata

Banned
I just found out you can't actually drive the car in FFXV and it is a complete on rail experience?

why???

Guess i better downgrade my expectations to a few beautiful hours with cidney at most.

Is it actually on rails? I heard it was "like" that from one of the impressions but could just mean for the demo.

mp1990

Banned
I finished ABZU by the weekend (pretty sweet and chill game btw, aside from performance issue I really enjoyed it) and now I kinda can't get myself to start anything new, everything is just putting me off... so some suggestions would be welcome. Here's my Steam profile, feel free to recommend anything from my library (you can also recommend games I've started but not finished too). Just a heads up though, please don't recommend The Witcher 1 or 2 because I find hard to believe I'll enjoy them, given I couldn't stand the third one.

dimmer

I finished ABZU by the weekend (pretty sweet and chill game btw, aside from performance issue I really enjoyed it) and now I kinda can't get myself to start anything new, everything is just putting me off... so some suggestions would be welcome. Here's my Steam profile, feel free to recommend anything from my library (you can also recommend games I've started but not finished too). Just a heads up though, please don't recommend The Witcher 1 or 2 because I find hard to believe I'll enjoy them, given I couldn't stand the third one.

Doom
Her Story
1001 Spikes

Powerpuff

If you want to stay under the sea, Aquaria is a very good metroidvania, reminiscent of Ecco the Dolphin.

Nabs

Mods just went in and cleaned it up. Back to positive posting.

Hexcells, Mark of the Ninja, Ys games. You have a lot of good games in your list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom