• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

A lot of you know my tastes. I'm not a huge fan of modern games that focus on shallow gameplay and systems to rope in the largest user base.

Any recommendations on a good reviewer to read?

Deques

yeah, it took me like 8 hours to see "everything" the game has to offer

now I imagine quiet a lot of people maybe did exactly that and never got back to it... dark thought

that said Stanley Parable is such a great "game"

I did play a few other paths.
like pressing yes at the end or went the right door

There are several others, such as... spoilers!

Staying in your office

Going to the broom closet and staying there

Jumping off the catwalk onto the lower one

There are still others, but that's a start.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
There are several others, such as... spoilers!

Staying in your office

Going to the broom closet and staying there

Jumping off the catwalk onto the lower one

There are still others, but that's a start.

yeah, you can break that game in so many ways... and there are some really surreal and far out ways to "finish" it

Amzin

seems so from what I've seen

also for people on PC and XB1 you can earn up to 5 Praxis Kits to use in Mankind Divided for doing various things in Deus Ex GO (uses your SE Account...not available for PS4)

yeah, it took me like 8 hours to see "everything" the game has to offer

now I imagine quiet a lot of people maybe did exactly that and never got back to it... dark thought

that said Stanley Parable is such a great "game"

I enjoyed Stanley Parable a lot, I was kind of disappointed when I tried to get reactions for certain things that never got reacted to, but I suppose there's only so much you can account for :p One seemed really obvious though
Standing in that dark, starry/color-mote room for a while

Tizoc

And stream's over, they pretty much said that ensuring quality ports takes time, they can't say much more atm but they'll have more news soon/stay tuned.

Well, rather wait than have really bad ports anyway.

I'm curious how many people they have working on the ports.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for Flips360:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lethal League -- MB-45790464F9FEB4C6 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Galak-Z -- MB-500E866182D436AB - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.

t1471619582z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
I like the game as you can see in my profile how many hours I sunk into it. However patch after patch of this just kept me sour. I'm glad they are adding new content but not fixing the matchmaking (have dedicated servers dammit) and all the other bugs...this should still be in early access.

With this latest patch breaking the game, you can't even play the game unless you choose Survive With Friends. If it wasn't for the rules, I would've refunded this game a while back. I'm hoping the Friday the 13th game doesn't suffer the same fate.

I haven't been having issues with matchmaking recently but I've mostly played killer. At least mainly as a killer i've appreciated the patches. No more juke spots is really quite nice.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Blockstorm -- MB-4D104A0077CF0E91 - Taken by chronomac

Nzyme32

From start to finish according to the narrators guidance :)

I read your other post of doing a different button and some other stuff, but that is missing a lot of the "game" or rather the ways in which you can mess with the game. I think after about 8hrs I had done most things, many of which were very unexpected to what I assumed

Another hack - this time it's dlh.net.

If you've ever gotten free keys from there you may want to double check what info you had on your account (IIRC they required facebook likes to claim keys, so it's possible your email+name+facebook was taken). Steam account linking was possible but not necessary to claim keys.

Yet another reminder to use randomly generated passwords and alternate/throwaway email accounts or aliases for sites you don't use regularly. Also use throwaway social media accounts, fake names, fake dates of birth, etc.
dlh actually gives you a random password when you sign up which I never changed so I'm safe on that front. Date of birth appears to be a forum only thing.

I think Facebook stuff should also be fine if you revoke access to the dlh app on Facebook (which I always did right after...I just thought the purpose of the app was to check you liked dlh...which I also unliked immediately after)

Of course dlh completely deny anything: http://www.dlh.net/en/news/51803/zdnet-article-wrong!-dlhnet-was-not-hacked.html
A jerk named Zack Whittaker from ZDNet posted yesterday an article about DLH.Net was hacked. This is a wrong information. We had no hacker attack and nothing was stolen. It also makes no sense to claim that 9 Mio Steam Keys are stolen, because the Keys our users receive are mostly redeemed by them directly after receipt
Yeah I'll trust a site that shoots the messenger and calls them a jerk...

From what I can tell the dlh system doesn't actually have a way to mark a key as used (at least it always frustrates me when something is added as add something I already own and have already used the key for as well :( ) so they've got a load of used keys :p

Grief.exe

When you refund a game, does the entire existence disappear from your profile?

So SteamSpy wouldn't see it if they crawl your profile for data.

yuraya

You gotta feel bad for console gamers not being able to refund games. The PS4 version of NMS was a poor release. Angry Joe had the game crash on him like 10 times in 30 minutes of play. This gen overall there has probably been just as many broken and poorly optimized games released for consoles as there has been for pc. Glad Steam and Gabe did the right thing in allowing refunds. Most pro consumer thing the industry has ever done.

Phawx

There is a tremendous amount of things that have completely gone by that I've missed.

Only thing I've played recently is Monsters and Monocles and it's okay, really need to play it multiplayer as single player is missing some meat to it. Though it is early access.

mp1990

Banned
Fuck yeah, finally!

Now, I hope Ever 17 makes to Steam someday too! :p
I've been thinking about this. If double dipping Steins;Gate is what it takes for keeping the Ever 17 in Steam dream alive, I'll do it. Hopefully SG Zero won't take as long to reach us.

So, were they going to announce more PC stuff (behind the scenes, etc) on top of what we're already told (that it takes time and QA)? Or was that it? Either way all good.

Can't wait for Deus Ex, almost here. Just waiting on my preload key now and clearing up SSD space is possible :p

Grief.exe

Zhuge and I were having a discussion on SteamSpy refund calculation on Twitter, and I sent this over to him. What does SteamGAF think?

SteamSpy is based on statistical analysis, it isn't hard data. That is why you see that margin of error listed next to every title.

The reason SteamSpy doesn't normalize until 3-5 days after release because the statistical analysis has not acquired sufficient data to be accurate. I believe Sergey played with obfuscating data for a few days at one point so people wouldn't ignorantly use it.

Basically, on day one SteamSpy mines data from a certain amount of player profiles on Steam. If it crawls 500,000 profiles in a 24 hour period and a certain percentage of those profiles own the game, it calculates the percentage of total owners on Steam. Day two it crawls another 500,000 profiles for data and now with 1 million total profiles it becomes more accurate and adjusts that number upwards. This is a very reductive explanation on how SteamSpy works, but hopefully this gives a general idea.

Now I'm not so sure this method will be able to accurately demonstrate refunds, considering the timing overlap. The vast majority of refunds will occur in the first 48 hours as consumers are limited to 2 hours of playtime, at the same time, the first 72-86 hours are also when SteamSpy is still completely inaccurate, as the servers are still crawling hundreds of thousands of profiles. Any refunds during this period will be lost in the noise as the sales numbers on SteamSpy continue upward regardless of whether a large amount of refunds took place.

I could have easily missed it, but I haven't seen any information from Sergey explaining how SteamSpy accounts for this, but I doubt there is anything that could be done.

EDIT: There_it_is.gif

GaussTek

Forgot I had this on HB, don't need it anymore as I ended up buying it on Steam.

This is a NA code, activates only on Square Enix site (not Steam), instructions here:
https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/215857787

I also forgot: No Thanks :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GaussTek, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Final Fantasy XIV -- MB-7A9FFF0B85162E02 - Taken by gaiadyne

Deques

I read your other post of doing a different button and some other stuff, but that is missing a lot of the "game" or rather the ways in which you can mess with the game. I think after about 8hrs I had done most things, many of which were very unexpected to what I assumed
There's that much to do? Maybe I uninstalled it too early...

Teppic

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Another day I woke up, another day I realize NieR Automata is really coming to Steam, day and date :")

When the PC version gets delayed two days I want everyone to blame this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom