• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Unhealthy amount of releases this week/today.

Looking forward to the 'Games you overlooked on August 30th' bundle.

Assault Suit Leynos out btw.

The Final Station, which comes out today by the way, seems to be doing fine review-wise. It currently holds a Strong (75) score on Open Critic. Going by a few reviews it looks like it might be right up my alley.

This won against Turing Test, it has a train and I have enough ego puzzlers in my backlog. Yes, I plan on finishing Quantum Conundrum one day.

Champions of Anteria has to be Ubi's quietest release in years. All of two people on my friends list pre-ordered it and the game unlocked half an hour ago but has less than 30 people playing.

Doesn't look too bad and at least there's a demo.

I still haven't played the first one. I dropped it pretty quick when I realized there were no way points to tell me where to go. Even Pillars had way points.

I'm a little late to this discussion having but no way points was one of the best things about the game as far as I'm concerned. It meant that you actually had to listen to what people were saying and read the quest log instead of just clicking through blindly. And you had to connect dots that were not immediately obvious, which was such refreshing change from waypoints and breadcrumb trails that every other RPG has these days. And it's not like there was ever a shortage of things to do. You could easily spend the first 10 hours of the game just exploring Cyseal and talking to people.

Jawmuncher

I'm a little late to this discussion having but no way points was one of the best things about the game as far as I'm concerned. It meant that you actually had to listen to what people were saying and read the quest log instead of just clicking through blindly. And you had to connect dots that were not immediately obvious, which was such refreshing change from waypoints and breadcrumb trails that every other RPG has these days. And it's not like there was ever a shortage of things to do. You could easily spend the first 10 hours of the game just exploring Cyseal and talking to people.

I plan to get back to it at some point. But atm I'm taking a break from bigger games and playing smaller experiences

Grief.exe

Did Polygon release a video on Steamspy releasing Kerbal numbers? Sergey is discussing it on Twitter.

I'm on mobile data do I can't watch video anyways, but I don't give Polygon clicks on principle.

I still haven't played the first one. I dropped it pretty quick when I realized there were no way points to tell me where to go. Even Pillars had way points.

Smh Jaw...Smh

Pixieking

Banned
Every time Dragon Age: Origins is on sale, it raises my hopes of 2 and Inquisition being on Steam...

But no.

One day, EA... One day you will learn.

Ibuki

Banned
Somehow I completely missed that A-Train is on Steam. For two releases, even.

The older ones were fantastic city management/transport sims, kind of an alternate strain of the genre alongside Sim City.

That price, though... ugh.

Triple A pricing for Triple A-Trains man, what did you expect?

Nabs

Did Polygon release a video on Steamspy releasing Kerbal numbers? Sergey is discussing it on Twitter.

I'm on mobile data do I can't watch video anyways, but I don't give Polygon clicks on principle.

He was talking about an old video (feb) they made about the xbox one version. They had actual stats from the developers in it, which makes their outrage about Steamspy hilarious.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've decided on my gameplay lineup for my Extra Life 2016 gaming marathon

• Slime Rancher
  • Firewatch
  • Batman - The Telltale Series
  • Hyper Light Drifter
  • Abzu
  • Shadow Complex Remastered
  • Oxenfree
  • Hitman GO
  • Inside
  • Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
  • Starbound
  • Salt and Sanctuary
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Kingdom Rush Frontiers
  • The Technomancer
  • Final Fantasy X-2 Remaster
  • Dead Rising
  • God Eater 2: Rage Burst
As with most years, it's hard to say if I'll get the opportunity to visit all of these games or not, but there are definitely a few of these I'm looking forward to playing and commenting on. I think there is definitely enough here to be able to mix things up a bit between genres and to have enough games to play for 24 hours straight without either me or you getting bored.

I'm still working on the sponsorship details of games I'll be giving away courtesy of IsThereAnyDeal.com
(and possibly others!)
so stay tuned to find out what kinds of great games I'll be giving away as prizes for donors this year.

My goal is to raise $1,000 this year for the OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital in Portland, OR.

EDIT: oh, and the profile badge design for 2016 is finalized:

Q4nd9Gw.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does it need to be blue? Because that looks uncomfortably similar to the IE/Edge icons.

It does and I'm quite aware - but it's the "now iconic" E from Extra-Life, which is stylized somewhat to look like Pac-Man
?

Tizoc

I've decided on my gameplay lineup for my Extra Life 2016 gaming marathon

• Slime Rancher
  • Firewatch
  • Batman - The Telltale Series
  • Hyper Light Drifter
  • Abzu
  • Shadow Complex Remastered
  • Oxenfree
  • Hitman GO
  • Inside
  • Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
  • Starbound
  • Salt and Sanctuary
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Kingdom Rush Frontiers
  • The Technomancer
  • Final Fantasy X-2 Remaster
  • Dead Rising
  • God Eater 2: Rage Burst
As with most years, it's hard to say if I'll get the opportunity to visit all of these games or not, but there are definitely a few of these I'm looking forward to playing and commenting on. I think there is definitely enough here to be able to mix things up a bit between genres and to have enough games to play for 24 hours straight without either me or you getting bored.

I'm still working on the sponsorship details of games I'll be giving away courtesy of IsThereAnyDeal.com
(and possibly others!)
so stay tuned to find out what kinds of great games I'll be giving away as prizes for donors this year.

My goal is to raise $1,000 this year for the OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital in Portland, OR.

EDIT: oh, and the profile badge design for 2016 is finalized:

Q4nd9Gw.png
Make sure ur playing symphonia with the mods

jshackles

Make sure ur playing symphonia with the mods

I wouldn't touch the game in any other state

Lucky viewers might also be able to catch me singing the opening song along with Yuna when I play Final Fantasy X-2 at 2am.

RS4-

What the fuck. I ran ddu and booted into safe mode. Now I. Can't even log into my PC. My password isn't working, even though I just tested it on my phone.

How the hell do I get out of this. Restarting puts me in safe mode.

I can't even get into the menu to do safe mode + networking or even a normal boot

What the fuck. I ran ddu and booted into safe mode. Now I. Can't even log into my PC. My password isn't working, even though I just tested it on my phone.

I can't even get into the menu to do safe mode + networking or even a normal boot

Are you using a pass code or pin to log in? Because when you boot into safe mode you have to use your actual windows account password.

image.php

Tizoc

The Turing Test is out. Someone play it and let us know if it's any good. Trying to decide between this and Obduction for my next game.
There are revies ya know :p
Getting my copy tonight but wont be playing it any time soon due to deus ex and ge1 D;

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition for $50 might be the best value proposition for a game ever, insane amount of quality content for the price.

k286oRY.gif

I'm honestly in awe of anyone who has completed or even made substantial progress into NG+.

There is such an insane amount to do in the game that I haven't even finished the main game. And I read through every single Witcher book in professional translation, so the draw is there for me.

I just keep getting overwhelmed when I turn the next corner, so I jump into a game that is more bite-sized.

Jawmuncher

Smh Jaw...Smh
I'm really bad at exploring. If there's ever anything on the back of a box that won't sell me on anything it's exploring.

Somehow I completely missed that A-Train is on Steam. For two releases, even.

The older ones were fantastic city management/transport sims, kind of an alternate strain of the genre alongside Sim City.

That price, though... ugh.

You can plop down beacons if you want to.

This is the type of game where tons of cool little things are possible everywhere you go, so it isn't really about beelining from one waypoint to the next, though. You're meant to explore, meet lots of people, and stumble into their amusing little vignettes on the way
until the last half of the game, which becomes mostly about combat and puzzles.

I'll have to get to it at some point. Seems I might have been a little hasty.

k286oRY.gif

I'm honestly in awe of anyone who has completed or even made substantial progress into NG+.

There is such an insane amount to do in the game that I haven't even finished the main game. And I read through every single Witcher book in professional translation, so the draw is there for me.

I just keep getting overwhelmed when I turn the next corner, so I jump into a game that is more bite-sized.

Iv'e got almost 200 hours played and probably have a good 20-30 in Blood and Wine left until I'm done, still on my first playthrough too.

Nabs

Sierra Humble Bundle (Steam keys)

$1 or more:

• Space Quest Collection
  • Phantasmagoria 1-2
  • Police Quest Collection
  • Shiftlings

BTA:
  • Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
  • Time Shift
  • Quest for Glory 1-5
  • Gabriel Knight 1-3

$15 or more:
  • Caesar 3-4
  • Geometry Wars 3: Dimension Evolved
  • King's Quest Collection (7 Games)
  • Velocity 2x

$20 or more:

• King's Quest: The Complete Collection

venomenon

Humble Sierra Bundle.

That's... actually not incredibly surprising, if you think about it.

Not sure if I like it. I have no nostalgia for those games.

Tizoc

Lol
Lets see if steam is generous with its refund policy :p
Velocity 2x being a final tier game is a bad move imo but fyi
Velocity 2x runs on windows 10 now

Nabs

Lol
Lets see if steam is generous with its refund policy :p
Velocity 2x being a final tier game is a bad move imo but fyi
Velocity 2x runs on windows 10 now

There was a time when it didn't run on W10? Welp. I want it, but not at that tier. I'll keep it on my wishlist for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom