• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSPssp

The Turing Test is out. Someone play it and let us know if it's any good. Trying to decide between this and Obduction for my next game.

I'm enjoying it so far. Love the moody atmosphere and music and the voice acting is really good. Performance is good on my lowly 750 Ti but it isn't a demanding game of course. Puzzles are easy so far but I'm at the beginning. Only bad thing is the loading times.

Yeah this is a damn good bundle. Especially if these older games have nostalgic value for you. But even if not, you get a ton of games at every tier and it's almost certainly a better deal than you'll ever get buying them from Steam directly.

xist

Which game(s) are the reason the price has just kept going up? I'm assuming it's not the BTA tier but the $15 tier? Or maybe the $20??

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

inm8num2

Just going to copy this here:

I could write pages and pages about the Gabriel Knight games, but I'll just say they are must plays. Among many reasons what I love is how each game is different in style and execution.

GK1 - 2D, VGA; dark supernatural/gothic feel w/ Voodoo backdrop
GK2 - FMV w/ real-world backgrounds; more romantic and primal
GK3 - full 3D, time block structure; rich, complex conspiracy-centered story

GK1 is the game that made me truly love games. GK2 is one of the best games that used FMV w/ actors. GK3 is grossly under appreciated, partially because it's 3D doesn't look great and turns people off and partially because of that goddamn Old Man Murray article :p. I always thought the 3D looked fine. Facial animations are pretty good. The environments are well detailed. Some character models are goofy (Mosely) but these things don't detract from the gameplay. I didn't think GK3 looked significantly different from most other 3D games at the time (1999).

GK3's interface is fantastic - independent camera movement that allows you to explore each area efficiently. You don't have to wait for the character to walk from point a to point b if the camera faces away from them - Gabriel or Grace will appear right behind the camera. The point-and-click interface is great, too, with various context-sensitive icons. It's possibly the best integration of 3D environments/exploration with classic point-and-click gameplay. Le Serpent Rouge is an amazing puzzle - challenging, multilayered, and hugely integral to advancing the story. Overall the puzzles and variety are very good, mustache aside (which sticks out but isn't THAT terrible).

I've long held GK3 is quite underrated. It's hard to live up to the expectations set by its predecessors but I think it manages to do that. Sometimes I think it's my favorite of the trilogy, but each game is special to me for different reasons.

Lastly, here is a really enjoyable series on the making of the Gabriel Knight games. Each article is an easy read - compact and informative. It's also a nice slice of the way adventure games or even PC gaming overall was changing in the 90s.

Hunting Shadows: The Making of Gabriel Knight
Chapter 1: Enter the Schattenjäger
Chapter 2: The Voodoo Queen
Chapter 3: Gaming Goes Hollywood
Chapter 4: Movie Magic
Chapter 5: Dinosaurs

This bundle overall is a fantastic value. Gabriel Knight, Police Quest, and King's Quest are pretty much the games that defined my love for gaming.

Monooboe

Sierra Humble Bundle (Steam keys)

$1 or more:

• Space Quest Collection
  • Phantasmagoria 1-2
  • Police Quest Collection
  • Shiftlings

BTA:
  • Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
  • Time Shift
  • Quest for Glory 1-5
  • Gabriel Knight 1-3

$15 or more:
  • Caesar 3-4
  • Geometry Wars 3: Dimension Evolved
  • King's Quest Collection (7 Games)
  • Velocity 2x

$20 or more:

• King's Quest: The Complete Collection

I would so go for this bundle, but damn what a time to be waiting for a paycheck!T_T

Anybody use the NZXT CAM software? I can't get the overlay to show in a game. It looks slick when it is working and the interface is nicer and more streamlined than the winamp-looking Afterburner.

neonglow

Hektor

That's a great Hubba Bubba.

- - - - - -

Gotta say, Kingsglaive wasn't nearly as bad as i thought it's gonna be. Legitimately entertaining actually. Not great, but watchable.

Oh wow.

Every time Dragon Age: Origins is on sale, it raises my hopes of 2 and Inquisition being on Steam...

But no.

One day, EA... One day you will learn.

EA is just protecting you.

Ludens

Banned
Some recommendations:

Gabriel Knight franchise is great. Even if you played the first one, Sins of fathers is totally worth a new play. GK2 is where the franchise shines, an awesome story, well crafted FMV, this game iss everything. GK3 is very good too, giving the franchise a nice closing, but you need to get used to the controls system, plus 3D models are not so great.

Phantasmagoria games are a must. The first one expecially is still an hit. The second one is probably "strange" even today, but it still is one of the best FMV game around.

King's Quest games are GREAT, I love this franchise so much but be aware, the bundle here is missing Mask of Etrnity, so buy that on GOG, still worth even if it's not a "regular" KG. To play the first titles use the fanmade superior version you can find here:

http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/games.html

Because they are very ancient.

Damn.
Great bundle who grew up with the Sierra point and click games.

Edit: And I cant activate 3 games, because they arent available in China...
When did Valve add that?

Ozium

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

TimeShift -- MB-7DC133B6C08CAE62 - Taken by pantsattack. 11 entrants total.
Space Quest Collection -- MB-7B93B5705A2408DA - Taken by bigzgod. 4 entrants total.

t1472583186z1.png

Nzyme32

Deus Ex MD Patch

• Fixed issue with loading a saved game while in cover and pressing [SPACE], causing Jensen to vault over cover.

Where was this bloody yesterday?!?! I thought I'd made some impressively stupid glitch that ruined my save with an always wall jumping suicidal Jensen

a lot of people did

refund robot going to be working overtime today

Ha, my hand (sub-consciously) slipped and hit the $20 - which is what I wanted but was not intending to do for the sake of saving money

Arthea

you guys should all buy this bundle, so many great games!

edited: I have all on gog, still bought it, cuz it's just that good

Damn.
Great bundle who grew up with the Sierra point and click games.

Edit: And I cant activate 3 games, because they arent available in China...
When did Valve add that?

didn't german and aussies region locks always work this way, not sure about China

edited: or should I say lock out region locks

Parsnip

I think I'm already stuck in The Turing Test, and it's like the 6th area.

I feel really dumb right now. :p

edit: Oh, figured it out.
There was a thing I didn't know I could do.

KarmaCow

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

DLC Vanguard Princess Hilda Rize Pack -- MB-E078A2F1FE86802D - Taken by Kudo
Lethal League -- MB-4505563D40CB06B5 - Taken by Tellaerin
Galak-Z -- MB-8DB2FF3B140793B4 - Taken by Purkake4
Hexcells Complete Pack -- MB-477A793FB663BC85 - Taken by Saty
DLC Vanguard Princess Lilith Pack -- MB-1C38DA3C788A5FC6

Just dumping some left overs from bundles.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It released digitally today. I watched it on Amazon Video.

Yep, had my Ultraviolet copy pre-ordered with VUDU and almost considered staying up til midnight last night to watch it (but didn't). Work today seems like it's moving at a snail's pace waiting.

TheTrain

So, i've started God Eater: Resurrection. Screen of the Video Settings if you are interested:

https://abload.de/img/460870_201608302116208yawo.png

(Yeah, that's GeDoSaTo!)

For some reason there is a 60FPS cap regardless of the frequency selected, maybe a bug
If I'll have time i wanna try to find an hudless value for gedo, it's not a looker but some scene are worth the trouble.
Oh for the correct mouse position when downsampling use this:

# Modify the mouse position reported by "GetCursorPos" when downsampling
modifyGetCursorPos true

# Modify the mouse position set by "SetCursorPos" when downsampling
modifySetCursorPos true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom