• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

Been playing Tales of Zestiria and I can see why people don't like it, but there's something addictive about it that's making me want to finish it. Most of the characters and story are shallow, the combat and gear system is restrictive, dungeons are bland. At the same time the game makes it easy to just keep progressing and doesn't really require any grinding so it's easy to just push through the blandness.

Ludens

Banned
Been playing Tales of Zestiria and I can see why people don't like it, but there's something addictive about it that's making me want to finish it. Most of the characters and story are shallow, the combat and gear system is restrictive, dungeons are bland. At the same time the game makes it easy to just keep progressing and doesn't really require any grinding so it's easy to just push through the blandness.

The game is dumb easy, on Easy you can simply go to make a coffee and the AI will kill any boss you are facing, with Sorey probably still alive even if he doesn't move.

That's handy detective work. Did you just Google the publisher name and Disney license or do you keep track of this stuff?

I mostly keep track of toy licenses, especially Lego and Marvel, and sometimes info on video game license comes with it.

They may even disappear sooner if Acti decides to voluntarily ditch its Marvel licence.

I think you are safe till the end of the year and the first half of 2017 but you probably want to pick them up as soon as possible.

That doesn't really mean anything. They're ultimately self-published and obviously Double Fine doesn't own the IPs, which technically makes them licensed games. This doesn't necessarily mean there's an expiration date, but I would err on the side of caution and assume there is one.

All agreements have expiration dates but in terms of being pulled from Steam, we have a couple of years. I would say a minimum till 2019.

Xanathus

The game is dumb easy, on Easy you can simply go to make a coffee and the AI will kill any boss you are facing, with Sorey probably still alive even if he doesn't move.
I'm on Moderate, game is decently challenging during boss fights except for when I'm underleveled against optional bosses and a certain point in the game where you have only 1 human character.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think you are safe till the end of the year and the first half of 2017 but you probably want to pick them up as soon as possible.

Well, Acti's FY follows the calendar year, so if playing it safe, you really don't want to leave it any later than the beginning of the Winter Sale. Quite a few people were equally shocked and disappointed when Deadpool disappeared halfway just a few days before the end of the 2013 Winter Sale, haha.

All agreements have expiration dates but in terms of being pulled from Steam, we have a couple of years. I would say a minimum till 2019.

Sure, all licensing agreements have expiration dates, but my point there is that we don't exactly know that the base IPs of Grim Fandango and company have been licensed. Considering they're remakes of games that Disney owns but hasn't made available despite it gradually re-releasing its back catalogue for almost two years and counting, and developed by Schafer's own studio, it wouldn't be overly surprising if there's a revenue split agreement in lieu of a traditional licensing agreement to ensure perpetual availability. But, again, it's best to assume the worst.

Ludens

Banned
I'm on Moderate, game is decently challenging during boss fights except for when I'm underleveled against optional bosses and a certain point in the game where you have only 1 human character.

I played it on Hard and switched to Easy for some fights, because I was hating it and I didn't want to lose time on it. But I did like three fights on Easy, in example I defeated the last boss on Hard and it wasn't nothing special.

I started watching the anime yesterday since it's getting so much praise. I skipped ToZ but I'm very interested in Berseria.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Abrix the Robot -- MB-FD4807CCEA2F511B - Taken by Wok
Castle Chaos -- MB-9721536DCEBCA2E1 - Taken by darkchewie
Collider -- MB-588FCBD882562485 - Taken by dimmer
Scoregasm -- MB-F31A9D1F1112B50A - Taken by Henry Swanson
Dance of Death -- MB-70D8129DBBC190E2 - Taken by ussjtrunks
The Falling Sun -- MB-85E94A7D87143223 - Taken by Purkake4
Build 'n' Bump -- MB-958472D9ACA3DE24 - Taken by fuzzy123

nah, humble buy monthly bundle cuz no bundle this week bundle

the next week,
believe

edited: aww, I would have entered for Scoregasm, a game with such name can't be boring, can it?
No, Humble Discount Bundle. A bundle with a bunch of discount codes that u can use on the humble store

#believe

dex3108

I think that 3rd party devs are real MVPs of this console generation. They are really saving Sony/MS ass and PC gets most of the games.

yuraya

I think that 3rd party devs are real MVPs of this console generation. They are really saving Sony/MS ass and PC gets most of the games.

Pretty much.

Both those consoles have only like a handful of exclusive 1st party games. This console gen has been weaksauce compared to everything in the past.

How is port qualirt treating you?

Seems fine. No crash or whatsoever. It has the right button prompt. Controls are mappable; There are options. Although, the lack of support beyond 1080p is stupid. Also, crashes online if someone use voice chat.

Basically, running well (as opposed to DQH which may run at 55fps without maxing out GPU or CPU usage, while it maintains 60fps and if it drops, you can see GPU usage is being maxed out), right button inputs, based on PS4 version, with better LOD and framerate, but online voice chat bug and resolution lock.

I swear, they do it on purpose. Give the good port to the worse games (Arslan and the other who's name I forgot about). It's like, wtf is wrong with them. They were this close to get it. Just a resolution unlock.

Just watched it. This, Toukiden Kiwami and FF Type-0 all seem similar in some aspects. Type-0 looks the most interesting though.

Played all of these games now and I have to say as a MH "ripoff" God Eater is still the closest to MH.

Toukiden is okay in the first 20 hours, but after that the enemies just change color, but not attack patterns similar to MH.
God Eater seems a bit more complex than Toukiden.
Type-0 isnt really like any of these. You just sometimes have the big bosses, but I wouldnt say its one of "those hunting games".

Played all of these games now and I have to say as a MH "ripoff" God Eater is still the closest to MH.

Toukiden is okay in the first 20 hours, but after that the enemies just change color, but not attack patterns similar to MH.
Type-0 isnt really like any of these. You just sometimes have the big bosses, but I wouldnt say its one of "those hunting games".
Nice. Clears up things.

Jawmuncher

Yeah I wouldn't even clasify Type 0 as a hunting game.

Nillansan

I want to buy it, buy I already caved in for Attack on Titan (which is surprisingly good).

Attack on Titan looks interesting, I am definitely going to check out the show, but I can't justify dropping cash something that doesn't properly support my monitor's native resolution. When will Koei Tecmo learn?

Attack on Titan looks interesting, I am definitely going to check out the show, but I can't justice dropping cash something that doesn't properly support my monitor's native resolution. When will Koei Tecmo learn?

They learned, but then forgot.

Arslan had 4k support. I just think someone internally they always use another team to do the PC ports. I dont understand why they changed the porting team with AoT (at least thats what it seems like).

Or order an SSD, it really is a life changing upgrade.

I will. Sometimes I will..

Attack on Titan looks interesting, I am definitely going to check out the show, but I can't justice dropping cash something that doesn't properly support my monitor's native resolution. When will Koei Tecmo learn?

I'm actually interested in playing the game so that I don't have to watch the anime. Doing both seems redundant to me.

I'm starting to think that KT do these half-assed PC ports in purpose. So that there'll be no platform that is better than another.

Wok

13 minutes before Overland can be tried on itch.io. Edit: Wait, you have to pay for first access.

First Access is our paid alpha program, which includes exclusive features like a private developer forum, access to constant updates, and the chance to help us make the end of the world even more interesting with your feedback.

Since Overland is still very incomplete, we are building our audience a little bit at a time by selling the game in limited quantities. Whenever we reach interesting internal milestones, we’ll do our best to make more keys available to more players.

Edit: And this time, there is no limited supply of keys.

What started as an off-hand comment on twitter in late 2013 became a full-time job for 4 people in 2014, and Finji's main project in 2015. Developed largely behind closed doors at that time, Overland made its publicly playable debut at the GDC Mild Rumpus on March 4, 2015, and has since appeared at the XOXO Festival, IndieCade, PAX, E3, and other events.

The Overland First Access program started in April 2016 as a new way of running an alpha. Three rounds of alpha keys were made available for public sale in April (500 keys), May (500), and June (1000). The longest any key was available was about 72 hours. This stage of the First Access program was a huge help for Overland and had a dramatic impact on what we worked on and why. Huge thanks to alt-games storefront itch.io for making it possible!

Overland First Access opened up with unlimited keys on August 30 2016. We are currently planning on completing Overland sometime in 2017.

i was starting to get afraid the pacifist and foxiest achievements were bugged on me, but apparently they unlock after the 10-ish minute credits end (even after the post-credit scene), NOT after the actual game's ending. and you can't skip them. anyway.

all in all, great game. narrative wise a bit weak, but the gameplay is absolutely fantastic. such a shame the story didn't reach its potential, because that would have made this the best deus ex allround for me, above the original and human revolution.

edit: oops, this was meant for the dxmd thread. damn you steam thread title and my lack of reading abilities.

yuraya

Only 6k people playing NMS at the moment. It may just be the biggest tumble in the history of steam stats. Only took about 3 weeks to go from being on top of the world to being lower than Robocraft and Trove.

neoemonk

No Man's Sky looks like it's enough fun to pick up for $10 on a Steam sale one day. This will also provide the hindsight of whether or not they gave it a lot of post-release support.

Edit: lol at the NMS wikipedia page right now

Wok

It's a staggered release of sorts. They will gradually open up for more players as they hit milestones.

This time, there is no limited supply of keys. It is completely open but paid, so early access.

What started as an off-hand comment on twitter in late 2013 became a full-time job for 4 people in 2014, and Finji's main project in 2015. Developed largely behind closed doors at that time, Overland made its publicly playable debut at the GDC Mild Rumpus on March 4, 2015, and has since appeared at the XOXO Festival, IndieCade, PAX, E3, and other events.

The Overland First Access program started in April 2016 as a new way of running an alpha. Three rounds of alpha keys were made available for public sale in April (500 keys), May (500), and June (1000). The longest any key was available was about 72 hours. This stage of the First Access program was a huge help for Overland and had a dramatic impact on what we worked on and why. Huge thanks to alt-games storefront itch.io for making it possible!

Overland First Access opened up with unlimited keys on August 30 2016. We are currently planning on completing Overland sometime in 2017.

No Man's Sky looks like it's enough fun to pick up for $10 on a Steam sale one day. This will also provide the hindsight of whether or not they gave it a lot of post-release support.

Edit: lol at the NMS wikipedia page right now

Holy shit. That's like the most wall of text video game wikipedia ever that I've ever seen.

People, who are either loving or hating the game, are really obsessed with it on their own ways.

Nillansan

They learned, but then forgot.

Arslan had 4k support. I just think someone internally they always use another team to do the PC ports. I dont understand why they changed the porting team with AoT (at least thats what it seems like).

I will never understand Koei Tecmo.

I'm actually interested in playing the game so that I don't have to watch the anime. Doing both seems redundant to me.

Is the anime not worth investing time in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom