• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

maybe johnny depp wannabe could fetch me some ammos too, i'm out of them :<

Spoilers for that boss fight:
Once you go back for the glasses you don't have to fight the dog monster, you can just get the glasses and run. All you get for beating him is some extra brain juice, there's not even a achievement for it.

Tizoc

Toom Braider
7B81E16CE3FDC94789AF41C5AF0CCAC61892B4BE

Corpekata

Banned
Yeah switching audio devices is a lot easier now but I'll probably stick to Soundswitch either way, the hotkey is still a bit more convenient.

Anteater

Spoilers for that boss fight:
Once you go back for the glasses you don't have to fight the dog monster, you can just get the glasses and run. All you get for beating him is some extra brain juice, there's not even a achievement for it.

yeah,
I just ran, didn't think of fighting it, ran out of ammos lol

Less watercolor texture this time, but the character model style is still great.

I thought it looks just like the first one.

yeah it's a bit different, but if you look at the male characters they're straight out of dishonored, but I'm sure it's gonna look better in the actual game, the screenshots just haven't been too great

JustinBB7

Man, me and my friends finally moved over to Discord instead of Skype, I've wanted that for a while, but didn't think they would want to switch. Now we did and man it's so good. Individual volume control, lightweight program (14mb on my phone!), clear audio, knows what game you are playing. Just all around good stuff.

What I like a lot as well is when I'm logged into my PC, it won't alert me on my phone, but when I'm not on my PC, it will sent alerts to my phone. If anybody is still on the fence, switch over, it's worth it.

Ganado

Man, me and my friends finally moved over to Discord instead of Skype, I've wanted that for a while, but didn't think they would want to switch. Now we did and man it's so good. Individual volume control, lightweight program (14mb on my phone!), clear audio, knows what game you are playing. Just all around good stuff.

What I like a lot as well is when I'm logged into my PC, it won't alert me on my phone, but when I'm not on my PC, it will sent alerts to my phone. If anybody is still on the fence, switch over, it's worth it.
I've tried Discord twice and it was a horrible experience both times with peoples voices being cut all of the time. I really hope it will grow into something great, but for now I use TS3. Skype is a no-go.

Sarcasm

My experience with discord had been great. It is to the point where I won't even use others if I have to.

Much better then my TS experience. Even more then Skype.

My Internet isn't reliable (it is fast and free) and I get high ms in games (due to distance). Discord has proven to be the best.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Still using Mumble here. It's always been an excellent experience for myself and the people I game with for the past 5 or so years we have used it.

Jawmuncher

I don't seem to have anything installed to really test the new GPU. I did try out killing floor 2, which is nice to see not looking like trash now.

Anteater

I don't seem to have anything installed to really test the new GPU. I did try out killing floor 2, which is nice to see not looking like trash now.

install ryse

trying to conserve ammos in the evil within is a chore tbh, it's not straight forward just melee a dude like in RE

Anteater

Put upgrades into light arrows. You blind and get so many stabs that ammo will be plentiful

the shock bolts?

I still haven't done the trick where you use the shock bolts and stealth kill enemies or something, didn't get to make any :(

edit: was it the flash or the shock, i can't remember lol

Reminds me that I really need to start Evil Within. Enough people have said they love it in spite of acknowledged defects, which is usually the sign of a good game. Too much gushing rarely holds up.

And I'm in the French Quarter right now and some dude is fucking monopolizing the Pokemon Go gyms here. He has so many absurdly high level Snorlaxes that I'm questioning why I installed this battery slaying app. Level 6 with a rat army 4life, 4ever.

Nzyme32

i'll open the newbie stream of it and realize that a moba of which you know shit about is no fun and move on like i do every year

also i'm kind of surprised how short it is compared to league worlds'

10 days vs league's 30

it's probably the same amount of games but i bet it's a lot tougher to watch a lot of doto unless you like take a week off work or something lol

I always watch the newbie stream even though I have some knowledge of how things go. Things change every year though, so it's kind of necessary, but also the caster's for the newbie stream are usually a ton of fun. Last year was shit iirc, but the year before was great, lots of good games and lots of fun moments

Anteater

have you guys heard of this game called Abzu

you need to see this shit in motion

Reminds me that I really need to start Evil Within. Enough people have said they love it in spite of acknowledged defects, which is usually the sign of a good game. Too much gushing rarely holds up.

And I'm in the French Quarter right now and some dude is fucking monopolizing the Pokemon Go gyms here. He has so many absurdly high level Snorlaxes that I'm questioning why I installed this battery slaying app. Level 6 with a rat army 4life, 4ever.

it's like the opposite of Re6 in a way, more focused on horror but still has a lot of random stuff you may not like even tho it's still an action game, overall, I'm enjoying it but it's definitely a slower game than the other REs and it's not really the same as traditional survival horror (as in it's still a very linear game like RE4)

Jawmuncher

the shock bolts?

I still haven't done the trick where you use the shock bolts and stealth kill enemies or something, didn't get to make any :(

edit: was it the flash or the shock, i can't remember lol
Flash Arrows. The stealth kills you can get with it when fully upgraded makes it the best thing in the game.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I absolutely loved TEW. It's like RE4 with more of a horror-focus, which is great. There are a few chapters that drag on for too long, but overall I was very impressed. There are people really dumping on the game and I don't get why. If you got a kick out of RE4, there's a pretty big chance you'll like TEW.

In fact down the line I'd like to replay it now that the borders are removed, and play the dlc.

Jawmuncher

I absolutely loved TEW. It's like RE4 with more of a horror-focus, which is great. There are a few chapters that drag on for too long, but overall I was very impressed. There are people really dumping on the game and I don't get why. If you got a kick out of RE4, there's a pretty big chance you'll like TEW.

In fact down the line I'd like to replay it now that the borders are removed, and play the dlc.

If I can ever get the DLC for like 5 bucks I might reinstall it to play that.

Sch1sm

install ryse

trying to conserve ammos in the evil within is a chore tbh, it's not straight forward just melee a dude like in RE

I didn't mind the scarcity of items. Just upped my tension. Was forever shook. &#128557;

there's an infinite ammo option you can enable through the console, though, so if it's really killing your fun...

Anteater

I didn't mind the scarcity of items. Just upped my tension. Was forever shook. &#128557;

there's an infinite ammo option you can enable through the console, though, so if it's really killing your fun...

i'll do that if I'm stuck :p

yeah i think it's part of the gameplay and I know what they're going for, it's more complex than RE games, but i can see why it's frustrating tho, you really have to go out of the way like using traps and such, burning enemies, it's cool but also sorta slow

Buraindo

Still using Mumble here. It's always been an excellent experience for myself and the people I game with for the past 5 or so years we have used it.
Same here.
Discord's pretty good too and it gets updated very often.

it's bethesda, their DLC discounts suck :(

Was bad before but now it's worse. I like that they decreased the base prices for most of their games but they now cost more than ever when discounted.

Anteater

Same here.
Was bad before but now it's worse. I like that they decreased the base prices for most of their games but they now cost more than ever when discounted.

they're sticking with 50% off even with their stupid older games, i should've bought their games/dlcs when they were cheap :(

man i still need to get the old blood

Anteater

i'm enjoying arkham knight so far, I'm in the mood to drive around and shoot things so it's enjoyable, game looks pretty awesome, performance wise it doesn't run well when I'm driving the batmobile, otherwise it's 60fps on a 1060 gtx.

It probably has to do with ram/cpu speed since I'm running it off a ssd and with vram left. I've messed around with the ini file but didn't help.

Sch1sm

i'll do that if I'm stuck :p

yeah i think it's part of the gameplay and I know what they're going for, it's more complex than RE games, but i can see why it's frustrating tho, you really have to go out of the way like using traps and such, burning enemies, it's cool but also sorta slow

If it gets to that, it'll only work if you have at least 1 bullet when you enable it. Otherwise, it doesn't work. And the command is "G_infiniteammo." Simple enough.

Hopefully the pace grows on you. I enjoyed the games, and I'm really looking forward to TEW2

ArjanN

install ryse

Yeah, the melee is intentionally bad. A decent way to conserve ammo early on is to knock dudes down and then burn them. you can often get multiple guys that way.

Also, if you upgrade the critical chance on the handgun all the way, every headshot kills on regular enemies.

But the gameplay is always more survival horror focused than RE4, it's not really until New Game+ that you can just play it as a shooter.

I don't think inifite ammo is ever needed, as I think it's impossible to get completely stuck, the game will just spawn a little bit of ammo somewhere if you're totally out.

Anteater

Yeah, the melee is intentionally bad. A decent way to conserve ammo early on is to knock dudes down and then burn them. you can often get multiple guys that way.

Also, if you upgrade the critical chance on the handgun all the way, every headshot kills on regular enemies.

But the gameplay is always more surivial horror focused than RE4, it's not really until New Game+ that you can just play it as a shooter.

oo I don't think I upgraded critical, I should do that, too many things to upgrade :(

I like how burning guys in TEW is only even needed during the village. After that you never need to bother.

I only use it to kill multiple enemies, the game is linear so I didn't think I'd go back to those areas anyway, I think you only really needed to burn bodies that you didn't headshot or something, but I'm not sure.

If it gets to that, it'll only work if you have at least 1 bullet when you enable it. Otherwise, it doesn't work. And the command is "G_infiniteammo." Simple enough.

Hopefully the pace grows on you. I enjoyed the games, and I'm really looking forward to TEW2

I'm enjoying it! Just really out of ammos most of the time but i can cope, gotta really conserve more tho, there isn't anything I hate so far, if you ask me I think the boss fights are a bit too methodical, like the spider lady where you need to run around and burn her, same as some other enemies if you don't have much ammos left

ArjanN

I like how burning guys in TEW is only even needed during the village. After that you never need to bother.

lol no. Maybe you don't need it on normal, but it's defnitely one of your best tools. That's like saying you don't need to melee enemies in RE4.

oo I don't think I upgraded critical, I should do that, too many things to upgrade :(

I only use it to kill multiple enemies, the game is linear so I didn't think I'd go back to those areas anyway, I think you only really needed to burn bodies that you didn't headshot or something, but I'm not sure.

Yeah it pays off to specialize the stuff you upgrade, even though it's tempting to spread out your points.

You're right that outside of the spider lady boss fights, enemies don't come back once they're fully dead, But it's very easy to knock running guys down with a legshot and then burn them, or using the shotgun if youre getting swarmed', you can save lots of ammo that way, as you'll also often catch other enemies that are near on fire as well.

Anteater

Yeah it pays off to specialize the stuff you upgrade, even though it's tempting to spread out your points.

You're right that outside of the spider lady boss fights, enemies don't come back once they're fully dead, But it's very easy to knock running guys down with a legshot and then burn them, or using the shotgun if youre getting swarmed', you can save lots of ammo that way, as you'll also often catch other enemies that are near on fire as well.

oh shiiit

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

1hFaqwB.png
Risen 3 Titan Lords DLC Collection PSN EU -- MB-BDDE8BB005523469 - Taken by thejason40

I know this is on PSN, but please someone from Europe take this, it hurts my heart having all DLCs for the game unredeemed :|

Anteater

developers have to reach a deadline tho

even if you draw a picture you'll no doubt find flaws after you're done uploading it, and video games are more complexed

Why wouldn't they put development time in over the month or two they have after the game goes gold?
Digital nature makes it logical but I still find it funny how it was unimaginable and impossible way back when I started gaming. Not criticizing this, just remembering.

Hektor

header.jpg

Pro:

Spaceships
Awesome looking
Rare multiplayer interaction
The Zeitgeist
A big mistery in the middle...

Cons:

...That might end up being a joke
60$ pricetag
3 day delay on PC
Survival
Crafting

Decisions, decisions. It would be much easier if the game were 40$ somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom