• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

I have to wonder what kind of betrayal Humble has in store for us for Tuesday.
Another week without a bundle?
Humble Malware Bundle, with each game on offer infected with a different variant of a cryptolocker?
Humble Nintendo EShop Bundle?

Anteater

It's around 40 in our region, unless your HKD price is fucked.

XEjnuRy.jpg

0jH5Pe7.jpg

guess it's fucked

fuck now I'm mad :(

why did you have to mention this

inm8num2

This Tuesday shall bring the long awaited arrival of the Humble Bethesda Bundle.

Or maybe a new numbered HIB. The last one was #16 in February, while it's usually something like 4 months between them.

Here is a bunch of free gleam crap. That's right, I gave up my personal information so you don't have too!
giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

HotLead -- MB-D97FC99C8ECD740B - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
Nyctophobia -- MB-EB2809B8359CB4A9 - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
Freebie -- MB-FA3A49D38AD3113D - Taken by Stumpokapow. 3 entrants total.
TIMBERMAN -- MB-94F86DF41D58AA2B - Taken by sheaaaa. 1 entrants total.

t1470587121z1.png

dex3108

Splinter Cell Double Agent is so buggy. From buggy AI, to buggy Save/Load system to buggy sound. Two missions left to do and game looses sound for everything except player footsteps.

Jawmuncher

header.jpg

Pro:

Spaceships
Awesome looking
Rare multiplayer interaction
The Zeitgeist
A big mistery in the middle...

Cons:

...That might end up being a joke
60$ pricetag
3 day delay on PC
Survival
Crafting

Decisions, decisions. It would be much easier if the game were 40$ somewhere.

The biggest cons

Ludens

Banned
Really TT is a scummy publisher.
I bought this
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016EU09Y6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

thinking it was the full season 1 for the game. I read the game's description, I saw there were in-app purchases but the description only reported a "episode 7 now available as in-app purchase", so I bought it, thinking to get the first six episodes.

But...nope. It's the first episode only. I also checked other TT titles, like Walking Dead, and here there's a message saying only the first episode is actually free, but on Minecraft there's nothing.

Mivey

So I just entered
Hollywood
in Wasteland 2 after upgrading my rad suits with
cat litter
. How far from the end am I?
You are close to the ending. Less then 5 hours? It depends on how much optional stuff you do.
In
Hollywood
there is a lot to do, that you can skip if you just rush to the ending.

Knurek

So, first Humble stops doing bundles.
Now Steam stops doing dailies?
What's next, Microsoft buying Valve and EAing them next year?

If I can ever get the DLC for like 5 bucks I might reinstall it to play that.

Season pass was like 5€ during christmas last year.

I like how burning guys in TEW is only even needed during the village. After that you never need to bother.

It does still have its uses. You can knock an enemy down by shooting their legs then run up to them and set them on fire before they get up. And if another enemy is close enough they'll get burned as well. Can save you some ammo.

Jawmuncher

this is categorically false

Season pass was like 5€ during christmas last year.

It does still have its uses. You can knock an enemy down by shooting their legs then run up to them and set them on fire before they get up. And if another enemy is close enough they'll get burned as well. Can save you some ammo.

It really is.

Then i'm just that good. Never used it after the village and had absolutely no issues difficulty wise. Thus the mechanic might help, but overall isn't very important if I managed that.

rtcn63

On normal, matches aren't a huge deal. Although the amount you can carry is cheap to increase, so it's never a bad idea. The fire harpoon is great for two specific enemies
Lara and fake Ruvik(s)

And you'd be surprised at how many of the set pieces you can stealth (kill) your way through.

gelf

The trip and burn technique never got old for me. Timing it right and taking out a bunch of enemies with just one bullet and one match is very satisfying.

I didn't realise it's effectiveness until late in the game so I can understand how it's easy to miss for many players. Abusing the hell out of it on replay was great.

rtcn63

The trip and burn technique never got old for me. Timing it right and taking out a bunch of enemies with just one bullet and one match is very satisfying.

I didn't realise it's effectiveness until late in the game so I can understand how it's easy to miss for many players. Abusing the hell out of it on replay was great.

Matches are also useful in conjunction with bolts. Place an electro bolt in front of a chokepoint and wait for it to stun a group of enemies, then light a match. (Doesn't work on the
two-headed enemy I think)
. Or shoot off a flash, stealth kill the center enemy and then throw down a match, setting the adjacent enemies ablaze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom