• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulSane

I-I'll play with you, and anyone else on SteamGAF who wants to play tbh.

I-I guess i can play with you too if you really want it so much :p

Also, it has been done:

bbc12430f3.jpg

don't shitpost, it only makes you look bad

i'm cool if you wanna do some fun teasing but when you're just gonna shitpost that just hurts you more than it hurts me

HOTS doesn't look like visual barf, it has more than one map, it's actually exciting to watch and it doesn't drag on for an hour lol

And you're not allowed to post shit after you shitposted Guardians of the Galaxy, which has better characters than League too.

Ascheroth

23 days left!

It is what it is, I'll preorder games when I'm satisfied with what has been shown or I know I can refund a game if the worst situation comes to pass, and I'll pretty much only pre-order games on 3DS or Vita because I know of the quality of the game since it already released in Japan.

I'll preorder games when I already know I'm going to like it and/or when I can easily refund.
Preordering also usually gets you the game cheaper then it will be for a couple months after release. I still fondly remember preordering Type-0 from GMG at -25% and selling the Dota2 preorder bonus for ~7€ on top of it.

I've preordered only one game in my entire life, and that was Diablo 3 >_>
So yeah, i've been avoiding preorders since. But this game looks right up my alley in terms of gameplay, and there are also those bonus costumes i may or may not want, and now it's also confirmed to run @60fps :p
The only problem left is, none of the people i usually play with on steam are interested in this game, so i'll probably be stuck with single player.

Ah, who am i kidding, it's a game with waifus, and i'm addicted to profiting from those by now, time to hit that button i guess.

I-I'll play with you, and anyone else on SteamGAF who wants to play tbh.

I'll join in as well.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok, here's me taking you seriously. like always i love good fun teasing, wish we could have that instead of having to waste my free time correcting driveby shitposts. think all the fun we could have me calling doto a pachinko rng game and you saying that league is for babies or that everything is coded as minions or whatever! but you've gone and ruined it!

league is far from a perfect game and there are super valid criticisms to be thrown at it (replays where?), problem is the ones you're making are sadly just a load of crap

so, enjoy

and fuck it's the number one moba in the world but doesn't have money for professionals?
riot pays salaries to all the players and coaching staff (i think subs too, not sure) of all the teams in the major leagues in the world. i think it's about 10 leagues with an average of 10 teams per league?

money just gets more distributed in league, it's a different system, i actually like it better cos it creates more stability for all teams, not just the top 3 in the world, but also teams in turkey, brazil, russia, etc.

now that we've clarified that riot does have money for professionals, pls remind me why prize money is something worth discussing

the game sucks it only gets plays cause it's an anime toaster game
i'm not sure if this qualifies as an argument of any sort, you're not really explaining why it sucks?

HOTS looks like a game that came out in the past decade,

just two random images from the internet, i googled hots/lol teamfight and grabbed the second image of each, so sorry if it's not the most flattering image of hots (mind you, it's not the most flattering league image either)

idk, neither looks particularly amazing but neither look like they came out in 2006?

in case you don't remember, here's what dota looked like

i know warcraft 3 is like 2002 but still, try opening all three pictures on different tabs and tell me if they look similar

it has more than one map,
league has multiple maps: summoner's rift for 5v5, twisted treeline for 3v3, howling abyss for arams and rotating game modes like overwatch brawl's that use different maps, sometimes summoner's rift, somotimes crystal scar, etc.

most people play 5v5 because it's generally considered the main mode, but those other maps are there if that's your thing

it's actually exciting to watch
i find it very exciting and watch it every week, and considering you're only providing an opinion here then yours is as good as mine?

and it doesn't drag on for an hour lol
neither does league

highlighted the game times of my last 20~ games, you can ignore some arams or custom games that are shorter, but believe me, it's very rare for a game to last an hour

if you meant competitive then games there are even shorter so idk

(btw if u want to complain about the client being shit that's cool but we're getting a new client in a few months. you can see how cool it looks here: na.leagueoflegends.com/en/client-update/)

And you're not allowed to say shit after you shitposted Guardians of the Galaxy, which has better characters than League too.
this is a really weird comment for you to make cos i'm pretty sure i almost never say something is bad without explaining why. my reasoning can be disagreeable and even wrong, if u wanna go back and look up the post then be my guest, i'll say sorry if it was indeed a shitpost, we're all human after all

and league characters might be pretty shallow and overly sexualized and derivative of existing characters in other games and movies, but all of that doesn't change that, shitpost or not, guardians of the galaxy was garbage lol. i can't really remember why so can't give you the exact reasoning why, i just remember having to turn it off because of how much i hated it

also you throwing this comment out of nowhere (i don't even remember when i posted about that movie lol, must've been months) makes it seem like you're really weirdly resented that i mentioned how much i didn't like it

uhh ok?

i'm glad you liked it, don't let me ruin your fun

i love league of legends, you hating on it doesn't make it worse for me, just don't spread lies about it please!

zkylon

zkylewd
Guys, do not fight over for Dota-like games. TI6 is this week and the prize pool is almost 20k USD. There is one Dota-like game to rule them all, no need to fight over the outsiders.
i'll open the newbie stream of it and realize that a moba of which you know shit about is no fun and move on like i do every year

also i'm kind of surprised how short it is compared to league worlds'

10 days vs league's 30

it's probably the same amount of games but i bet it's a lot tougher to watch a lot of doto unless you like take a week off work or something lol

Wok

i'll open the newbie stream of it and realize that a moba of which you know shit about is no fun and move on like i do every year

Yep, this is the sad part of games like this. I feel the same when trying to watch a LoL or a HotS game.

vaderise

Any of you people know a recent indie platformer for a cheap price?
I've been spending too much time on my Ps4 ladt few weeks and i haven't touch Steam for over a month. Love me some suggestions.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yep, this is the sad part of games like this. I feel the same when trying to watch a LoL or a HotS game.

i really appreciate the idea of the newbie stream but i feel like the right way to watch these games is with deep knowledge of them and with like the cool casters that make all the jokes and epic shouting and shit

i might watch the finals if someone reminds me about it lol

dawngate is the only moba that matters
only good moba will forever be demigod

Uzzy

Any of you people know a recent indie platformer for a cheap price?
I've been spending too much time on my Ps4 ladt few weeks and i haven't touch Steam for over a month. Love me some suggestions.

Slain is pretty recent, and the latest update, Back From Hell, seems to have improved the game a great deal. It's 40% off at the moment too. Additionally, They Bleed Pixels is currently £1.74, though that's not exactly recent.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 40 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Super Kitty Boing Boing -- MB-326CD5D6C2863E70 - Taken by rainking187
Pills4Skills -- MB-D5B9817197F752D1 - Taken by voodooray
Karaski: What Goes Up... -- MB-E8DDF8037F368980 - Taken by redlacs
Royal Defense Plus Invisible Threat DLC -- MB-E3AE04FF743591F3 - Taken by Costa1774
The Apotheosis Project -- MB-E51973EE34C59D8A - Taken by Hakkelus
Evertown -- MB-E1B89EA30D37A2C9 - Taken by Jalal
Contract with the Devil -- MB-77AAE7217E560290 - Taken by bobnowhere
Judgement -- MB-CBCE9CDDD9035B63 - Taken by Sammichu
Untamed: Life of a Cougar -- MB-382257C5A99A91DD - Taken by Kifimbo
Ground Breakers -- MB-D900D560E402CBBF - Taken by Catshade
The Lost Island -- MB-AED9E682CBE22B07 - Taken by Kurt Russell
RETSNOM -- MB-8EBE9DC67A484255 - Taken by Popstar
Damage Control -- MB-E16C1252AC47CEAB - Taken by Purkake4
Super Helmets on Fire DX Ultra Edition Plus Alpha -- MB-935CAAD957AAACB0 - Taken by Ludens
Empire of the Gods -- MB-E27D3C94CFADDC27 - Taken by madjoki
Gnumz: Masters of Defense -- MB-31396308D2336819 - Taken by fuzzy123
Superstatic -- MB-22762E9CC946DE57 - Taken by Megauap
Chronicles of the Witches and Warlocks -- MB-0FD0869A2E75DE27 - Taken by nightstorm
Solitaire Christmas -- MB-641E27CFBE8CA5EF - Taken by PaulSane
Poof -- MB-6856643C7DF3EA2E - Taken by ramoisdead
The Tape -- MB-2EB6461ED53F9B09 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Take Thy Throne -- MB-2E1B451A37B87336 - Taken by septicore
Fort Defense -- MB-942ACBE94793E73D
Ascent: The Space Game -- MB-27BBFE9EC939ADCD - Taken by OmarYusaf
Magic Flute -- MB-4BDC5821D939BF09 - Taken by Catshade
Jamsouls -- MB-D0AFEE2F5695EDC9 - Taken by anastef
123 Slaughter Me Street -- MB-91D72DDD5E819F47
MagNets -- MB-4060375DB8451E90 - Taken by fuzzy123
Gnomes Garden -- MB-A0CD2C7FC0FA6052 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Insane Insects: The Inception -- MB-F3B73AFDEC23765D - Taken by Henry Swanson
Candy Blast -- MB-EC5B0BBC6F9A6E26 - Taken by ussjtrunks
Portal of Evil -- MB-59FA8133CC31EDA2
Envy the Dead -- MB-70C1C8DFD78E5D4F - Taken by Hakkelus
Trouble in the Manor -- MB-C92DCD361F2BB866 - Taken by septicore
Gnomoria -- MB-6E30ED4D95913F5B - Taken by Ludens
The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-8B35086F74A6FA6A - Taken by OmarYusaf
Will Fight for Food: Super Actual Sellout - Game of the Hour -- MB-AD84A6BE2F9AD65A - Taken by darkchewie
Trouble in the Manor #2 -- MB-0527E2CB069640C5 - Taken by Jalal
Alice's Patchwork -- MB-CAA5BA033B9BD71C - Taken by dot
Puzzle Nebula -- MB-03AD06367D9A71B2 - Taken by Henry Swanson

vaderise

Haha, you'll probably be glad that you didn't know about it until the most recent update that fixed the huge glaring issues with the game. :p

Yeah it's good to know NOW because if i heard this game before i would instantly buy it since it has the perfect premise for me.
But now seems like the perfect time!.

Anteater

wtf abzu looks insane, one of the games that looks incredible in motion

another game that looks really cool in motion is lego marvel, not sure if the other lego games are the same but the game is really cool with high framerate, I don't know why people don't consider higher framerate as "eye candy" because that's basically what it is

Corpekata

Banned
wtf abzu looks insane, one of the games that looks incredible in motion

another game that looks really cool in motion is lego marvel, not sure if the other lego games are the same but the game is really cool with high framerate, I don't know why people don't consider higher framerate as "eye candy" because that's basically what it is

I think most people do recognize it's a part of eye candy, they just need something to say to deflect that the version they played is not inferior or bad somehow.

Like everytime an old JRPG gets ported and it's running at 15 FPS and people are like "Pft, like you need the lowered input lag to press menu buttons." No, dorks, it's because playing with menus and animations at 15 FPS doesn't look very good and often doesn't feel very good. Yes, a 60 FPS turn based game looks much better than a 15 FPS one.

kagamin

I think most people do recognize it's a part of eye candy, they just need something to say to deflect that the version they played is not inferior or bad somehow.

Like everytime an old JRPG gets ported and it's running at 15 FPS and people are like "Pft, like you need the lowered input lag to press menu buttons." No, dorks, it's because playing with menus and animations at 15 FPS doesn't look very good and often doesn't feel very good. Yes, a 60 FPS turn based game looks much better than a 15 FPS one.

How do you feel about the variations in framerate for the animations of certain elements in Guilty Gear Xrd then? :p

Anteater

yeah, i guess when they do have 60fps support people will have other criticisms (we could have better graphics!), but honestly if we have 60fps as a standard, people will adjust to that instead, I think people did with CoD and BF

it's really not like developers will use all of the resources to make it look like the best looking game possible, I mean a lot of the games look kind of bad at 30 anyway

Hektor

dawngate is the only moba that matters

Nu-uh, GoM best MOBA.

i really appreciate the idea of the newbie stream but i feel like the right way to watch these games is with deep knowledge of them and with like the cool casters that make all the jokes and epic shouting and shit

The point of the newby streams is to get that knowledge, no?

That being said, I have managed for the first time this year to avoid spending a single penny for Dota2.

I got over my addiction and haven't played Doto in two years. But i was still short of picking up the compendium.

HOTS doesn't look like visual barf, it has more than one map, it's actually exciting to watch and it doesn't drag on for an hour lol

How is not being an hour long a good thing? Those are always the most exciting matches in Doto.

Tizoc

I know ff4 ds on steam is 15 fps but what other old jrpg runs at 15 fps too?

zkylon

zkylewd
The point of the newby streams is to get that knowledge, no?

i dont think u can learn all there is to learn from newbie streams tho

and i dont personally find mobas too interesting to watch unless you know all the minutieae

it's not like starcraft that it just looks cool regardless of how much you know about it

also i feel like i want to find what to be excited about and newbie stream didn't do such a great job informing me about that

jonno394

One more red sigil left in Talos Principle. Haven't got tired of the puzzles in the 14 hours I've played, but looking forward to seeing what this game has as endings.

I've not used a guide for any of the puzzles, though there are a couple of stars I'll have to go back to with one.

Hope The Turing Test is up to this standard.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-2DE52E3D1D0E27CF - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 7 entrants total.

t1470575924z1.png

AHA-Lambda

Unwanted Humble Monthlies.

ModBot said:
Instructions for AHA-Lambda:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AHA-Lambda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Planet of the Eyes -- MB-41BDA7C08D942DAF - Taken by voodooray
Jackbox Part Pack 2 -- MB-7E0D3855B22C4F76 - Taken by Gez
Random Access Murder -- MB-24C9052F0F48A4EF - Taken by rainking187
Starward Rogue -- MB-F626056E25FDF870 - Taken by Hakkelus
Poi -- MB-8BCDB0B540B62C9E - Taken by septicore

One more red sigil left in Talos Principle. Haven't got tired of the puzzles in the 14 hours I've played, but looking forward to seeing what this game has as endings.

I've not used a guide for any of the puzzles, though there are a couple of stars I'll have to go back to with one.

How do you feel about the block-puzzles involving the sigils? I really enjoyed the "real" puzzles in that game, but the block-puzzles wore thin after the third, and felt like a chore thereafter.

Also, how is your relationship with the serpent?
It got real pissy with me since I kept questioning it. :]

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Bit Blaster XL -- MB-2FA5A367B9FEFCB5 - Taken by freshVeggie

Bluth54

I'm not sure if anyone posted this here in the last few days but I'll cross post from the thread I made in Gaming:

It was announced on August 3rd that Valve will be moving to a newer, much larger office in May of 2017.

Kemper Development Company (KDC), confirms today that Valve has leased 225,000 square feet of prime office space in the new office tower at Lincoln Square’s 1.5 million square foot expansion site. With the lease of floors 11 – 19, the company will encompass nearly one third of the total office space available in the new tower which features 710,000 square feet of Class A space.

The move to Lincoln Square from its current location represents an increase of approximately 100,000 square feet of space. “This lease puts Valve on the list of the largest companies in terms of office space in downtown Bellevue,” says Melby.

Valve is scheduled to move into the new space May of 2017.

That's a big increase in the amount of space that's going to be leased by Valve. It seems like they may be planning a good sized expansion of the company.

Corpekata

Banned
I know ff4 ds on steam is 15 fps but what other old jrpg runs at 15 fps too?

Almost all of the older ones do in battles at least. The mobile remakes like FF6 and whatnot don't, but ones based on DS games or PSone (besides FFIX) all run at 15 in battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom