• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimmer

I was hoping for a better bundle. I am not interested in this new survival genre at all. Gone are the days when "Survival" was followed by "Horror"... ah well..
Is Kholat worth the time? It's only 1 euro after all.

Great bundle, I didn't have any of the games! Don't know why theres so much negativity regarding this one.

I think most of the negativity is in the "survival" part of the survival bundle.

There are a decent number of people who feel like the term, more often than not, results in a concept that is over-sold and under-delivered relying on tedium as a mechanic. It's also very flavor-of-the-moment.

So, there's backlash. There's also the people for whom survival just ain't the games for them.

Lomax

I was hoping for a better bundle. I am not interested in this new survival genre at all. Gone are the days when "Survival" was followed by "Horror"... ah well..
Is Kholat worth the time? It's only 1 euro after all.

The horror is other people.

Knurek

Thank you Humble for putting the only two games I'm interested in in the $1 tier.

Required reading before trying Tharsis:

Seveneves_Book_Cover.jpg

(Just don't read the epilogue)

Nzyme32

I'm genuinely surprised Sony are letting them =/

On Playstation it seems Sony are the publisher, but on PC it will be Hello Games. I doubt Sony would be able to prevent them doing free updates, but even with them saying that, I thoroughly expect some kind of microtransactions or something else to have another revenue stream in there eventually

derExperte

Ucchedavāda;213007059 said:

That was a weird raffle. I entered for Rust but apparently the initial entries got dismissed so I entered for Savage and got that (thx). Then I wanted to send you a pm but the forum says you aren't registered. Could it be that ModBot and GAF get confused by the 'ā' in your name?

I'm genuinely surprised Sony are letting them =/

Just one of the many ways that PS4 is a beast.

Re: Humble... how do you all divide your money? Do you go with the default split? Do you take off the Humble Tip since they're a for-profit corporation and likely already getting some cut? Do you skimp some developers but not others? All charity?

Re: Humble... how do you all divide your money? Do you go with the default split? Do you take off the Humble Tip since they're a for-profit corporation and likely already getting some cut? Do you skimp some developers but not others? All charity?
The only habit I had was removing Child's Play if they were a charity. Penny Arcade's conduct gave me a distaste for their (the two guys) work so I moved my charity chunk to other organizations.

I usually leave it at the default split.
I'm fine with Humble being paid for running the site, I certainly want the devs to be paid, and I already pay to several charities each month, much more than I spend on HB, so I don't feel the need to increase that amount.

Nzyme32

SSPssp

I think most of the negativity is in the "survival" part of the survival bundle.

There are a decent number of people who feel like the term, more often than not, results in a concept that is over-sold and under-delivered relying on tedium as a mechanic. It's also very flavor-of-the-moment.

So, there's backlash. There's also the people for whom survival just ain't the games for them.

Yeah, that's fair. I still think the games themselves have a bit of variety in this bundle, Space Engineers is certainly different, and Shelter 2 has style at least.

Wok

The reception of NMS is very similar to the reception of Eingana (procedural generation of the whole Earth, think Google Earth without Internet connection, on 4 CDs) 15 years ago. A few people will absolutely love the exploration and discoveries allowed by the game, will form a tight community sharing discoveries and stuff, while the rest will either ignore the game or mistake the game for what it is not and get angry. I still feel salty about my big disappointment after getting Eingana back then, yet I could be the kind of cat to do the same mistake twice.

i usually give it all to the developer. humble is backed by venture capital. most charities are scams, wasting money on admin and rarely fulfill their purpose i.e., red cross

Kaleinc

Banned
i usually give it all to the developer. humble is backed by venture capital. most charities are scams, wasting money on admin and rarely fulfill their purpose i.e., red cross
Charities are frequenlty the same as corruption in governments sponsored by mandatory taxes with the only difference of being voluntary.

AHA-Lambda

I tend to give most to charity, specifically TWLOHA by choice

Ventara

I always take off the Humble tip. I leave the others as is.

Anyways, good bundle since I wanted Shelter 2. I know I'm paying a bit more than what it was on sale, but hopefully the other games are good enough to make up for it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm tired of seeing people tell those who think NMS looks boring that they "Overhyped it in their heads"

Fuck off

I just got a Windows tablet with 1 USB port and Bluetooth. I'm thinking about doing some In home streaming

New Xbone Bluetooth controller or Steam Controller?

Xbone leaves that port free but Steam Controller is so much more versatile.

cyba89

Aw suck it, I preordered No Man's Sky. I like some not-complex space exploration and it looks like a cool relaxing game to play for an hour after work exploring planets and flying through space. If the game can give me that then it's exactly what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom