• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt 428 will be put aside just so Spike Chunsoft can release an otome game. I'm too surprised it's winning over 428. However, seeing that the demand is high for 428, Spike Chunsoft is probably wise enough to know it can sell good on Steam. And lately, SC has been making the right moves when it comes to bringing their titles to PC.

Yeah but we're not just talking ports here. These are games that don't even have a localization yet. I'd be less concerned if it was competing with an already localized game. That seriously complicates things.

Localization is expensive. I seriously think they'll probably go with just one. Even if they do decide to do 428 after, KBO bombing could jeopardize that.

Vibranium

Banned
DR1 should be a good way to tide Steam owners over until DR4 comes out 3 months after Windows 10. Though I do get the sense that the first game will reign superior.

DR1 should be a good way to tide Steam owners over until DR4 comes out 3 months after Windows 10. Though I do get the sense that the first game will reign superior.

Also it's so nice to finally get a good port of a Dead Rising game after DR2's GFWL and DR3's 30FPS cap.

Coreda

Was suddenly reminded of a dream I had yesterday. After booting the system the CPU cooler fans started choking from dust, then completely stopped. Grabbing the datavac and mumbling to myself about forgetting to clean them this month I went to shut down Windows when I noticed Sublime Text now had a minimap navigator toolbar in the taskbar. 'Cool.' Just as I had enough time to process the new feature and wonder why the taskbar was also pure white I see an IE icon auto add itself below the start button...

...and that's when I saw it...

WELCOME TO WINDOWS 10

"Microsoft NOOOOOOOOOᴼᴼᴼᴼᴼᴼᴼᴼᴼᴼᴼᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ"

Feeling utterly defeated after the efforts to prevent it I stare wide eyed at the options menu presented. I can roll back to Windows 8, 7, XP, 2000, or 2000 ME. Exploring my other options I let out a small sigh a relief as I consider my daily backups.

I then glance at the system date and notice it's the same day my old backups are automatically overwritten.

:\___/

Was suddenly reminded of a dream I had yesterday. After booting the system the CPU cooler fans started choking from dust, then completely stopped. Grabbing the datavac and mumbling to myself about forgetting to clean them this month I went to shut down Windows when I noticed Sublime Text now had a minimap navigator toolbar in the taskbar. 'Cool.' Just as I had enough time to process the new feature and wonder why the taskbar was also pure white I see an IE icon auto add itself below the start button...

WELCOME TO WINDOWS 10

Feeling utterly defeated after the efforts to prevent it I stare wide eyed at the options menu presented. I can roll back to Windows 8, 7, XP, 2000, or 2000 ME. Exploring my other options I let out a small sigh a relief as I consider my daily backups.

I then glance at the system date and notice it's the same day my old backups are automatically overwritten.

sF5gJNb.gif

Nightmare fuel.

Tizoc

If Kenka Bancho Otome wins, it's cool for me, long as the game is good.
Heck if anything, it's the crazed Vita community that mega voted for it; if it is any consolation, just expect it to NOT get a Vita release and only a PC release :p

Wrong thread.

However I will say that Northgard game looks pretty good. A departure from the Evoland games the developer made. Looking forward to seeing more.

I saw the trailer but I only got that you are building things with resources you get from nature and then fighting mythological creatures, have they release more info?

zkylon

zkylewd
Absolutely. I like how this just happened and they didn't address it at all. The "head rubbing" and "personal brand" parts were hysterical. The kind of banter I usually expect from the noob stream where Pyrion usually resides, but seems they didn't bother with it this year and just upgraded him to the main desk
haha thanks for sending me the link, i haven't actually watched any of the videos before, that's amazing

also redeye puppet is like super spot on, i knew the puppet looked familiar and then i realized it was that guy from the iem league tournaments lol

they really pulled it off, could've been cringey as fuck but it's genuinely hilarious

good job valve

I swear to god if we lose 428 forever because of fucking KBO I will be so unbelievably pissed.

This is one of those things I've been holding out for a long time for a localization for, right next to Valkyria Chronicles 3 and Mother 3. It's so infuriating to SEE it slipping from my grasp right in front of me because of some dime a dozen dating sim.

You see the sales, the chewier, more unique, and less rote Japanese games get ignored if pitted against the opposite.

WELCOME TO WINDOWS 10

More terrifying than anything by Scott Cawthon.

WELCOME TO WINDOWS 10

I wish I loved something in this world as much as you hate Windows 10 lol.

yuraya

ModBot said:
Instructions for yuraya:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (yuraya, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shelter 2 -- MB-0C14F1CC163A97E9 - Taken by bobnowhere. 6 entrants total.

t1470806180z1.png

Hektor

Well as far as I am concerned the issues of "60fps" is hype culture at its finest, the company were vague, people speculated and stuck with it, then get dissappointed despite people logically concluding it probably wouldn't be so performant.

But there was a Sony employee saying the ps4 version is running at 60 FPS just a few days ago on this very board.

I don't think you can blame the users there.

I think I'm going to do it. Been idling games since last night to soften the blow to my wallet

The thread about not seeing other players is in full meltdown mode right now and I just need to be a part of history
Gameplay aside, we don't even know how good/bad the port is!

Durante

I haven't played the first game, how it is?
It's a basic 3D platformer with a cute aesthetic.
It's short, the controls are floaty, the camera doesn't work right some times, and stuff clips through other stuff. Overall it feels like a final year project at a game development college course more than a fully realized product.

However, it's fun, it's cheap, and it has local coop as its stand-out feature (I'd have never played it if not for that).

Ozium

It was all good until the "WHAT IS GOING ON 1§!1§1§".

The dark side of the hype is pervasive with this man.

you have to read it from the bottom up for it to be in the correct sequence

Gameplay aside, we don't even know how good/bad the port is!

maybe not... digital foundry E X P O S E D the PS4 version as being locked at 30
but the game was demonstrated at 60fps.. PC EZ

also the IGN look a few months back (?) they had Sean playing on a PC w/ a PS4 controller (confirmed by IGN) and it looked pretty good

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Ucchedavāda;213087138 said:
That last quote made me laugh.
It's almost as if describing a real species takes more work than farting around with RNG, clicking a button, and a thinking up yet another joke name.

I really don't think he was downplaying real science, he is just surprised that already so much stuff got uploaded to the database in one single night...

dex3108

I still wonder what is the point with naming tings when there is really big chance that nobody will ever see it. Cool you named something and not you or anybody else will ever see that name in a long time. Even if somebody manages to find same planet and same animal what's the point?

Hektor

I still wonder what is the point with naming tings when there is really big chance that nobody will ever see it. Cool you named something and not you or anybody else will ever see that name in a long time. Even if somebody manages to find same planet and same animal what's the point?

Naming things is cool.
Literally every game is objectively better if you can name stuff yourself.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-553C2C80B5BE6F8F - Taken by Javier23. 5 entrants total.

t1470830438z1.png

Ludens

Banned
So, regarding NMS, is it possible or no to see/interact with another player? Because I'm reading that thread in gaming and sure I can't understand this simple thing: from one side there are people saying you can't, on the other side there are people saying you can and server issues caused problems of players being unable to see each others, in the middle there's the NMS twitter account which apparently doesn't give a crap, keep posting vague tweets without providing a clear answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom