• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Ah, Jim hates NMS.

Since we usually share similar opinions on games I think I'll hold off.

The fanatics on gaming side aren't helping either, just annoying.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Ah, Jim hates NMS.

Since we usually share similar opinions on games I think I'll hold off.

The fanatics on gaming side aren't helping either, just annoying.

Just so you know, even though you don't believe in Sean Murray;

Sean Murray believes in you.

Backlogger

I still need to understand what this means, since people keep repeting this as a mantra.
If the universe is only one, if I'm on planet Ozium on y 45 x50 and another players is sitting in the same coordinates, I need to see him. Otherwise Sean should say it's not possible to see other players and go on, becoming the Molyneux of the next gen.

I think It's the way the game is instanced for each player that makes the chance so remote. Though Sean was just starting to Tweet when I went to bed so maybe it's been clarified since then.

r3n4ud

I think It's the way the game is instanced for each player that makes the chance so remote. Though Sean was just starting to Tweet when I went to bed so maybe it's been clarified since then.
Not been clarified. Sean is indeed a tool by beating around the bush.

mp1990

Banned
The "Players can't see each other in No Man's Sky" is one of the most amusing threads I've had the pleasure to read in GAF in awhile. You guys should give it a try.

Tizoc

New Warhammer 40K game has been released.

irBlDhO.png

Watched a review and the game doesn't look as interesting as I'd hoped.

You're tooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooow! :p
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1259865&highlight=xenos

Accoun

Modern Warfare 2 or 3 for Spec Ops (or whatever that Infinity Ward's bonus mode is called)? I don't care much for the campaigns, much less about the MP.

Not games I would normally look into, but I'm trying to get rid of some gift cards and since they don't seem to sell Steam credit in Poland, I'll probably get some boxed games. And I guess I might as well check out things like that.

yuraya

The NMS drama in gaming side is indeed very funny. I never knew people wanted a multiplayer experience out of the game. I believe the steam store page always listed the game as singleplayer. I don't get why so many are up in arms over it.

The framerate stuff is also very funny. Kojima productions is still the only developer this gen that released a 60fps open world game on the next gen consoles. No one else has been able to do it so I don't know why on earth some believed that a small indie team was gonna give you a massive never ending open world 60fps game that has ship flying and all sorts of other sandbox mechanics. Some just don't know how to keep their expectations in check. You can already see it again with all the Neo posts. People already setting themselves up for disappointment thinking all games will run 60fps on the Neo along with thel bells n whistles. People never learn lol.

Lomax

What I don't understand is the bump of the price. I mean, all people expected NMS to be like a 20€ game, because it looks like a lot of mid-tier indie games you can find on Steam (I'm not talking about the quality, but about the scope of the project).
When they announced this to be a full price game, I remember a lot of people argued. If this will reveal to be a bomba, dropping in price very fast and being massacred by reviews, it will mean they increased the price only to cash on D1 buyers.
But we'll see, I'm still interested on it but I can wait (even years) with no problem.

It's getting a mainstream publicity push from Sony, it had to be a full price game for that reason alone. But it's been on top of the steam charts for weeks now.

Ludens

Banned
It's getting a mainstream publicity push from Sony, it had to be a full price game for that reason alone. But it's been on top of the steam charts for weeks now.

Maybe I express myself badly, I intended the game selling a lot (I'm aware the game sold a lot on Steam), but being poor in terms of contents. It's not the first time a game sells a fuckton of copies but it's only mediocre: it means the marketing machine worked as intended (sadly for the players).
But of course (I'll specify that because I don't wanna see a page of quotes) I'm not saying the game is bad, since the only thing I saw is the Jim Sterling's video.

def sim

The main thing that has me second guessing a No Man's Sky purchase this Friday is my friend, who is super into Elite Dangerous and Truck Simulators, telling me it's boring. I definitely have to hear more about that later. There's the two hour refund window on steam, but maybe this isn't a game for me.

Edit: dang gaming side is harsh about nms

fallout

The NMS drama in gaming side is indeed very funny. I never knew people wanted a multiplayer experience out of the game. I believe the steam store page always listed the game as singleplayer. I don't get why so many are up in arms over it.
It's a classic example of the hype cycle. People get an idea in their heads of what the game should be while the publisher/developer is not entirely clear about what the experience is actually going to be. It's pretty much impossible for NMS to live up to anything at this point.

Jawmuncher

With Quantum Break coming to Steam, hopefully other games will follow.

I'm curious how Quantum Break even happened. Considering Gears was the first game out on Windows Store wasn't it? I would be all for Windows Store first and Steam later. Though I feel like QB is a special case with MS wanting to recoup more profit from it. Since it sold well but nothing crazy for a new big AAA IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom