• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's stick to therimary spike chunsoft discussion for the time being buddy

Well, I feel like the poll has spoken. To bad there's been that silly rallying on Twitter. Yup, still made but at least I feel like Sega's port this year will wash this bad taste :")

Ozium

So, regarding NMS, is it possible or no to see/interact with another player? Because I'm reading that thread in gaming and sure I can't understand this simple thing: from one side there are people saying you can't, on the other side there are people saying you can and server issues caused problems of players being unable to see each others, in the middle there's the NMS twitter account which apparently doesn't give a crap, keep posting vague tweets without providing a clear answer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sarcasm

So, regarding NMS, is it possible or no to see/interact with another player? Because I'm reading that thread in gaming and sure I can't understand this simple thing: from one side there are people saying you can't, on the other side there are people saying you can and server issues caused problems of players being unable to see each others, in the middle there's the NMS twitter account which apparently doesn't give a crap, keep posting vague tweets without providing a clear answer.

You can but the chance is practically nil.

Ludens

Banned
You can but the chance is practically nil.

I still need to understand what this means, since people keep repeting this as a mantra.
If the universe is only one, if I'm on planet Ozium on y 45 x50 and another players is sitting in the same coordinates, I need to see him. Otherwise Sean should say it's not possible to see other players and go on, becoming the Molyneux of the next gen.

Jadax

NMS is getting butchered in reviews - usually I don't care for reviews, but when so many of them are so bad, something has to be wrong :(

tlwpOHN.jpg

Lol

I'm perfectly sure that's not Japanese.

Ludens

Banned
NMS is getting butchered in reviews - usually I don't care for reviews, but when so many of them are so bad, something has to be wrong :(

What I don't understand is the bump of the price. I mean, all people expected NMS to be like a 20€ game, because it looks like a lot of mid-tier indie games you can find on Steam (I'm not talking about the quality, but about the scope of the project).
When they announced this to be a full price game, I remember a lot of people argued. If this will reveal to be a bomba, dropping in price very fast and being massacred by reviews, it will mean they increased the price only to cash on D1 buyers.
But we'll see, I'm still interested on it but I can wait (even years) with no problem.

Tizoc

Well, I feel like the poll has spoken. To bad there's been that silly rallying on Twitter. Yup, still made but at least I feel like Sega's port this year will wash this bad taste :")
Mutha effin outrun 2006 baby~

Homestly if we do get kbo, i kinda dont want it to get. Vita release
Just to irritate the vita peeps that voted for it :v

Corpekata

Banned
What I don't understand is the bump of the price. I mean, all people expected NMS to be like a 20€ game, because it looks like a lot of mid-tier indie games you can find on Steam (I'm not talking about the quality, but about the scope of the project).
When they announced this to be a full price game, I remember a lot of people argued. If this will reveal to be a bomba, dropping in price very fast and being massacred by reviews, it will mean they increased the price only to cash on D1 buyers.
But we'll see, I'm still interested on it but I can wait (even years) with no problem.

It's not going to be a bomb.

Even on Steam it's been dominating the charts for the last week despite the delay and all the early word, and the game has very console centered marketing so it's going to be doing even better there. It's going to sell quite a lot.

Mutha effin outrun 2006 baby~

Homestly if we do get kbo, i kinda dont want it to get. Vita release
Just to irritate the vita peeps that voted for it :v

I love the way you're thinking :")
But yeah, it's kinda gross this poll was mass voted because it was a way for some to get a Vita game too.

ExoSoul

Banned

It's the price you have to pay for the galaxy not to be filled with meme/dick names

Arthea

I'm kinda glad about that insane price of NMS now. Otherwise I would have bought it, and I'm glad I didn't.
Don't get me wrong, it's still a great game, or could have been, but on planet gameplay, all "survival" aspect of it doesn't look fun and I'm sure is hella annoying.
Exploring Universe is nice and dandy, but when supporting gameplay is no fun and takes a big part of a game, yeah... nope.
It makes for some gorgeous screenshots, tho.

Actually, do we know anything about PC version yet? Is it demanding? runs well? that kind of thing.

edited: OTOH ABZU fully delivered and earned place on my GOTY list.

Nzyme32

But there was a Sony employee saying the ps4 version is running at 60 FPS just a few days ago on this very board.

I don't think you can blame the users there.

Yeah I mentioned that later. He apologised for it, but still the PS channel is posting 60fps footage apparently so, odd.

Jawmuncher

I'm still on the fence on NMS for $26...

Yes it's kanji, but I think it's the Chinese version as Japanese games rarely use kanji.

Too much, bundle BTA or bust.
The impressions seem to be sitting at "it's alright". Not exactly very selling unless you're absolutely big on the RNG and Andy discovery which sounds like it gets old within an hour .

gelf

I wish I had your optimism. I wonder what would win if Sega made a port beg poll.

I wish I had your optimism. I wonder what would win if Sega made a port beg poll.

"Hello dear Sega fans, we heard your request about #SEGAPCPORTS and now we're asking YOU, which game do you want the most next on Steam. Please answer the poll and RT, this is veeeeeeeryyyyyyyyy important:

1- Sonic Boom
2- Sonic Boom
3- Sonic Boom
4- Sonic Boom
"
kidding, we all know Vanquish is next :"')

Too much, bundle BTA or bust.
The impressions seem to be sitting at "it's alright". Not exactly very selling unless you're absolutely big on the RNG and Andy discovery which sounds like it gets old within an hour .

The reviews can't come soon enough.

Gaf impressions seem to be mixed though.

Endruen

Yes it's kanji, but I think it's the Chinese version as Japanese games rarely use kanji.

I want lo learn Japanese, so recently I've been reading about it. As far as I know, Japanese write always in Hiragana unless a kanji exists for that word. If it's a foreign word, they use Katakana instead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
*looks at the review thread

where exactly is NMS getting "slammed by reviews" again?

Ludens

Banned
I saw the Jim Sterling video and the game looks very boring to me. You go on a planet, see some species, shoot stuff to gain resources, go into space, shooting asteroids, do a spaceship fights (which doesn't seem too exciting)...dunno, really. Yeah, graphics are nice (but not so amazing, let's say the big job is done by an appropriate color palette), meanwhile there are those big loading times masked as spacejump...I mean, it doesn't look so exciting or entertaining at all. I think people are going mad with the game just because of the feature which let you rename planets/species etc, so you can leave a mark on the universe, otherwise that's it, yeah it's a different, space based type of survival (we usually have survival settled in jungles or similar locations, so space is a new and unexplored option), but nothing 60€ exciting.

ExoSoul

Banned
You fool, that won't stop the dicks conquering the galaxy.

Let me be clearer:
There's no stoping the dicks as much as there's no stopping an eventual price decrease (by discount or raw) but if you wanna have a somewhat immersive experience and not find Pepe's, dodges and dicks at every turn you'll have to pay "extra".

Tizoc

Oh hey a ps4 copy of no man's sky is being sold over at my usual go to shop
Not interested i. Getting it any time soon tho :v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom