• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Good.

wQivff9.jpg

Someone photoshop Windows Store logo onto Sigma's face here please

Jawmuncher

Good.

wQivff9.jpg

Someone photoshop Windows Store logo onto Sigma's face here please

I mean we need more than one to truly claim a win. I think QB is lucking out since remedy isn't a First Party publisher. Even though the game was published and paid for by MS. Since it doesn't seem Killer Instinct or Gears are coming. Would have thought that news would be announced along this.

mp1990

Banned
I couldn't care less for Quantum Break but this news fills me with hope that we might see Sunset Overdrive on PC in the near future, given they're not a first party studio either.

Grief.exe

I'm curious how Quantum Break even happened. Considering Gears was the first game out on Windows Store wasn't it? I would be all for Windows Store first and Steam later. Though I feel like QB is a special case with MS wanting to recoup more profit from it. Since it sold well but nothing crazy for a new big AAA IP.

Remedy is a third party, so they may have structured their contract differently. Seems similar to an Alan Wake situation, where there is a certain period of exclusivity.

I couldn't care less for Quantum Break but this news fills me with hope that we might see Sunset Overdrive on PC in the near future, given they're not a first party studio either.

Sunset Overdrive seems in the wheelhouse for a Steam port when it originally released as it was merely a third party exclusivity deal similarly to Dead Rising and Ryse. It's possible Insomniac elected to not bother with the PC port at all, or Microsoft locked them up for a sequel.

Jawmuncher

Remedy is a third party, so they may have structured their contract differently. Seems similar to an Alan Wake situation, where there is a certain period of exclusivity.

Sunset Overdrive seems in the wheelhouse for a Steam port when it originally released as it was merely a third party exclusivity deal similarly to Dead Rising and Ryse. It's possible Insomniac elected to not bother with the PC port at all, or Microsoft locked them up for a sequel.

Would make sense. So nice that is off Windows Store, but there doesn't seem to be much hope for anything else.
As for Sunset Overdrive I think the boat has sailed on that. Most of insomniac should be working on Spiderman now. Though I guess a port team wouldn't need as many resources.
I don't think a sequel is happening. As much as I want it to.

Vlad

I saw the Jim Sterling video and the game looks very boring to me. You go on a planet, see some species, shoot stuff to gain resources, go into space, shooting asteroids, do a spaceship fights (which doesn't seem too exciting)...dunno, really. Yeah, graphics are nice (but not so amazing, let's say the big job is done by an appropriate color palette), meanwhile there are those big loading times masked as spacejump...I mean, it doesn't look so exciting or entertaining at all. I think people are going mad with the game just because of the feature which let you rename planets/species etc, so you can leave a mark on the universe, otherwise that's it, yeah it's a different, space based type of survival (we usually have survival settled in jungles or similar locations, so space is a new and unexplored option), but nothing 60€ exciting.

I haven't followed the game too much aside from watching the initial E3 video, but after watching the GB Quick Look, the game really seems like it's missing something. It's got the bare survival and exploration aspects (where exploration seems to be just scanning planet after planet for random stuff), but with minimal actual gameplay. Even some sort of creative aspect, like building your own ships, would have been nice.

fantomena

Fuck. I actually enjoy NMS on PS4. With 60 FPS and better PC setting things will be even better.

Will still not pre-order on PC, will wait till it's out and user reviews pop in.

Corpekata

Banned
Given even the retail edition is Steam it's likely win 32. After all if it was just a UWP wrapper, it makes little sense for the retail keys to be Steam in that case.

Hope Quantum Break sells tons on Steam. I'll never even consider buying a UWP game at this point.

Sorry Platinum but if you want my sale it'll have to be through Steam.

rtcn63

After Splinter Cell Double Agent and Conviction Blacklist is like completely different game. Much much better :D

Blacklist is legitimately good. The side missions are closer to old-school SC (and play almost exactly like the DLC from Conviction).

Uplay crashes a lot for me whenever I play though, usually during saves. I think turning off the cloud saves helped, but it's been awhile and I can't say for sure.

dex3108

Blacklist is legitimately good. The side missions are closer to old-school SC (and play almost exactly like the DLC from Conviction).

Uplay crashes a lot for me whenever I play though, usually during saves. I think turning off the cloud saves helped, but it's been awhile and I can't say for sure.

I finished Safehouse mission and no crashes at all. So much better level design and much much more stealth opportunities. And game doesn't look bat at all.

Backlogger

Quantum Break is considered 1st party or 3rd party? I assumed 3rd party.

I think this is something we can come to expect on 3rd party titles at least.

1st party titles like Halo, GoW I'm not sure sure though?

Oh, my PC is starting to fail to meet minimum reqs of new games. I guess I'll have to change it soon...

I'm getting close too but I hope I can get by a bit longer :)

Tizoc

Right up against Dead Rising.

nsr.gif

Well one is a cover shooter, the other has you killing hundreds of zombies as an even b-movier Zoltan cosplay using chainsaws, buckets and flame throwers.
I say pre-order DR now then when your credit card statement's out, drop cash for QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom