• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Found some nice Dark Souls screenshots for this downsampling thread.

12212303963_a50f6d8103_o.jpg

12296833524_f667c6c9fe_o.jpg

Source Recluse.

Requested a refund for No Man's Sky, really wasn't feeling it. I might pick it up down the road when it's cheaper. Might pre-order Mafia III or maybe finally buy Dark Souls III.

It seems like both NMS PC perf. thread and the port are hot garbage, glad I didn't jump on the hype train.
At least it wasn't 'Darker, Sexier, Better'
PCGamer could never live that one down.
Breaking News: Watch Dogs 2 to be made by a small team you should feel really bad for when it doesn't meet expectations.

In a related story: your $60 is still missing.
Impossible, it's a AAA Ubisoft game, expect no less than five studio working on it.

Lomax

I mean, Joe Danger 2 was totally the type of game that made me think their company could make a massively ambitious procedurally generated space game. Totally. After all, the scope was so much wider than the first Joe Danger, it just seemed like the next logical step.

console version has y axis inverted, pc version does not :(. Unless I'm missing something super obvious here.

mafia 2 pc version.

Yeah I played it inverted with a 360 controller on PC. Can't remember how, but I didn't have to do anything special, just a setting iirc.

Edit: Ah, you know what I probably played it with xpadder or something. My mistake.

Lain

Played some No Man's Sky and found out it performs quite badly for me. It stuters left and right even at medium settings.

def sim

No Man's Sky was performing nicely enough for me until I hit an incredibly busy planet. How disappointing. No other setting seems to fix the frame rate. It's jumping from the mid 20s to 30s. Rebooting fixed it. Hm

gurm3n

Neo Member
Everbody's playing No Man's Sky and I'm here playing Metro 2033 Redux. Just passed the library part and I gotta say it's one of the experiences I've had in a long time. Additionally, the game looks gorgeous and I can't believe 4A Engine wasn't used in any more games.

Saw something on humble bundle that looks to be an error. I sent a support ticket in but they won't answer it till next week sometime.

The promotion says buy 8-bit Hordes and get 8-bit Armies 50% off. When I add both to the cart, 8-bit Armies is only 25% off, the same price if you buy it alone.

7iZz5VJ.png

I'd be wary about some of these reviews - one of the most helpful reviews claims that the game is locked to 720p, which is obviously not the case. Call out the crashes, poor LOD, and performance issues, though, as those things need to be addressed.

Yeah, about 4 hours in. Managed to get a somewhat decent framerate at 1440p after a few reboots (on a 980) albeit it goes stutter-crazy now and then, and eventually figured out that you need to play in something other than Fullscreen (if some other window ever pulls control away NMS will sort-of-crash where the game is still running, but you can't get the graphics back up onscreen if fullscreen, ditto if you ever alt-tab out of it).

But maaaan the game is not very pretty. The low-poly nature of everything isn't the end of the world, but the LOD solution they're using is just... wrong. Really, really wrong.

Also, even after upgrading my inventory space a few times, the inventory sizes are a joke on your suit. And while you can clearly get ships with much, much bigger inventory spaces (even the early stations have dudes who will sell their ships with 2X the inventory size of the starter at about 5X the amount of money I have at the moment), the range where you can teleport stuff back to your ship is really small. That, coupled with your piss-poor movement speed on foot, makes you want to fly the ship everywhere on planet, which feels like a clunky solution.

I'm not disliking it or anything, but there feels like there is a ton of improvements that could be made that just make the game more enjoyable to play on a moment-by-moment basis.

Mivey

FFXV delayed? PC version will never come out at this rate XD Also game will look even worse now :D
It's Square. They are the king of making things cost way more then they should. At this point I would worry that after XV bombs (because it almost certainly will) Squeenix would have a hard time not calling bankruptcy .

Backlogger

Played some No Man's Sky and found out it performs quite badly for me. It stuters left and right even at medium settings.

It did for me too but cleared up after playing for 30-60 mins. Some cache issue they acknowledged. I made a bunch of other random tweaks too and it's still not perfect but running much better for me.

mp1990

Banned
Y'all should use the money of the No Man's Sky refund on Slain: Back From Hell, this game is dope. I just got on the hub area so I don't have much to say yet, but this game is so fucking heavy metal it's hard to not grin while playing it. The soundtrack, graphics, even the animations, and the total gorefest that is the game, everything helps creating a very powerful and absorbing atmosphere. It's a shame that the original game was pestered by performance problems, hopefully the sequel will fare better.

Mivey

From the No Man's Sky performance thread, go into your GPU control panel and set shader cache to off.
If the game heavily uses it (to render new surfaces and whatnot), why would that improve performance? It would just force the GPU to actually build new shaders all the time instead of reusing them.

Shader Cache is an issue that Hello Games said they are working on a patch for (along with other things)...they made a post on the Steam forums saying they are pulling an all nighter to try and work out as many issues as possible as fast as they can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom