• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nsueuvywWy1rl850oo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsueuvywWy1rl850oo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsueuvywWy1rl850oo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsueuvywWy1rl850oo4_1280.jpg
lmaooo forgot this in NV

Corpekata

Banned
is that a reference to something?

No, it's just showing off some of the more intricate stuff in the world. Most people wouldn't even think of shooting that memorial, and most developers wouldn't bother with putting a hidden quest and NPC interactions involving it.

Haunted

I fucking love No Man's Sky.

Haven't had such a feeling of genuine wonder and exploration since the Minecraft alpha.

Tizoc

Because most of you will make a big deal of it, when really you shouldn't as it is an actual waste of time and goes nowhere, SEGA EU won't be announcing any PC Port projects in the coming week or two.

How bad are the performance issues on NMS?
I was only on two planets so far but I had no issues after setting framerate to 60. Flying space also was smooth but there might be more complicated planets.
For this to happen less than 90 minutes in...that's pretty distressing. Can you give us an update on crashes after about 10 hours? We want to see if it's regular bad...or Fallout New Vegas bad.
Yeah, I foresee patches incoming. Probably some gonna wipe saves even, so I'm not sure if I'm better off waiting before playing again. Crashes every two hours I wouldn't mind that much but loosing progress? That's a big red flag.

kagamin

Playing emulated PSP games in a very dark room using a Dualshock 3 while wearing pajamas and browsing NeoGAF, PC gaming at its finest.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Playing emulated PSP games in a very dark room using a Dualshock 3 while wearing pajamas and browsing NeoGAF, PC gaming at its finest.

Been working on an android title myself and got my PS2 Emulator up. ^_^

I choose the no pant life though.

ArjanN

Because most of you nimrods will make a big deal of it, when really you shouldn't as it is an actual waste of time and goes nowhere, SEGA EU won't be announcing any PC Port projects in the coming week or two.

More specifically they said they'll be talking about PC ports next time, but not to expect announcements of new stuff then.

Hektor

2 days dry on home Internet now, because Telekom can't get their shit together. 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Germanys entire Internet depending on one company is ridiculous.

2 days dry on home Internet now, because Telekom can't get their shit together. 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

You guys don't have competing ISPs?

Went to KabelBW in 2010. Best decision. Telekom can go die in a fire for all I care.

2 days dry on home Internet now, because Telekom can't get their shit together. ������������������

That's a pretty similar case with us in Indonesia. There's one big ISP that owns them all.

Even the company name is almost exactly the same, Telkom.

xist

Bundle Stars can't seem to work out where I am and is presenting me with US region locked keys (I'm in the UK). Their geolocation tools seem to know where I am but something seems to have gone awry on their store pages. Despite several support emails it's almost like they don't want my money.....

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
That's a pretty similar case with us in Indonesia. There's one big ISP that owns them all.

Even the company name is almost exactly the same, Telkom.

its a bit different here... we have lots of ISPs... the problem is that Telekom was a state run business till like 1990 or so...

and because of that they own most of the infrastructure and other ISPs have to rent the connections from them and so on... that means even if you are using another ISP you still ahve to wait for the Telekom to activate your line and so on...

but overall the Internet infrastructure here is not bad... and of course no caps... because who wants that shit ;)

its a bit different here... we have lots of ISPs... the problem is that Telekom was a state run business till like 1990 or so...

and because of that they own most of the infrastructure and other ISPs have to rent the connections from them and so on... that means even if you are using another ISP you still ahve to wait for the Telekom to activate your line and so on...

but overall the Internet infrastructure here is not bad... and of course no caps... because who wants that shit ;)
Yo. Unitymedia is the future. Gets rid of Telekom's shoddy infrastructure altogether.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Yo. Unitymedia is the future. Gets rid of Telekom's shoddy infrastructure altogether.

Sadly there is no cable option where I live... and those shitty upload speeds ;)

edit: I'm happy with my connection at the moment 50Mbit down 10Mbit up... thats nice

we do... but Telekom owns most of the infrastructure... so all other ISPs depend on them one way or another

luckily I never had problems with them :p
Oh it's like that. It's the same here in Taiwan, but our Telecom no longer directly competes with other ISPs, it offers the niche super high speed fiber (I'm currently on the 100M/40M plan), while the rest of them are cheap and varying in connection quality.

Ozium

NMS is kind of janky but kind of fun.. definitely better than DRAGON THE GAME
f7k843uhg1fx.jpg

also someone posted on my steam profile that they landed on a planet I discovered

I just named a star Nicolas Cage and I hope to be able to name the planets in the Nicolas Cage system (I think there are 6) after some of his best films.. You won't know true gaming until you've experienced the acid rain of Leaving Las Vegas

rs_500x213-150106140225-tumblr_lx7an6a7pT1r4etbjo1_r1_500.gif

derExperte

The Unitymedia where you order 400MBit and then get like 10 in the evenings because their glorious infrastructure needs a break? I could switch but I'd rather take my stable 25, too many horror stories going around and then there's the whole Dual Stack Lite thing. At least for now, hoping for Vectoring next year (I'm in the dreaded 'Nahbereich') and more speed, if nothing happens until ~2018 I'll reevaluate.

From the No Man's Sky performance thread, go into your GPU control panel and set shader cache to off.

+ https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4xgw82/pc_users_incredible_fps_fix/ (not tried myself yet, Ozium gave link)

Playing right now...it's go to know there's an ending. I feel like I'm breaking my mouse.

Playing a clicker game without AutoClicker.
Please.

fantomena

For some reason I do now get tearing in the Steam client and it's annoying, but not in GOG Galaxy.

Another point to GOG Master Race.

The Unitymedia where you order 400MBit and then get like 10 in the evenings because their glorious infrastructure needs a break? I could switch but I'd rather take my stable 25, too many horror stories going around and then there's the whole Dual Stack Lite thing. At least for now, hoping for Vectoring next year (I'm in the dreaded 'Nahbereich') and more speed, if nothing happens until ~2018 I'll reevaluate.
Not once. My 120MBit is rock-stable. I've heard of similar stories in high-density areas though. Contrary to that, I've had horrible connection with Telekom the last 10 years I've used it. Never again.

Ludens

Banned
The funny thing about FFXV delay (if true) is the money SE dumped into the toilet by doing that mega-event just to announce the relese date.
Instead of spending money on doing:

-an anime
-a CGI movie
-a PSN/Live spin-off

they've should hire more people to get this game out of the limbo.

I still remember that FF Versus XIII E3 Launch Trailer, lol.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Bought my PC prebuilt (I know, I know) It said 4.4GHz overclocked processor, but on speedfan it says "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz"

Do I need to OC it myself? I don't need/want to atm, just curious. Thanks.

Kiru

Bought my PC prebuilt (I know, I know) It said 4.4GHz overclocked processor, but on speedfan it says "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz"

Turboboost is 3.9GHz for that cpu. 3.5GHz is just stock clock. Check your task manager cpu section while ingame to see if they overclocked it to 4.4GHz for you.

derExperte

https://twitter.com/RiotRMD/status/764167050843545600

Clarifying that, of course, updates made to QB on Steam will also be released for the Win10 version and vice versa. That should be a given.

Though maybe there won't be any updates beyond the initial Steam release and so his initial tweet wasn't technically wrong.

-

Transformers Devastation is down to 4,84€ on Amazon.de, if there's demand I can order some (up to three) and pm the key for $6 PayPal.

dickroach

where @? I'm too lazy to build a PC myself; gonna end up buying one by the end of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom