• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Posting some Toom Braider screenshots I took
6BF27A243E1A0F353AE5C78D3DE492FBF391AA8E

6B0EBC462A66219962877C9BC062772BC41EFDCC

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I really hope DX11 Quantum Break isn't built around that weird upscaling they use in the current release. I'd like to replay the game (and get 100% achievements) and actually have good performance/crisp visuals.

Mivey

Didn't someone here recommend Metro 2033 Redux over NMS? It's funny since the game keeps CTDing on me in the intro sequence. I'll try fiddling with the settings.
Running on an i73770K, 16GB , GTX 970 and Win10 1607

Arthea

I went to look at TVs and monitors today, want to replace my old Plasma, it still works, but not entirely satisfactorily by todays standards.
And lemme tell you, those new huge 60-70* curved TVs have such a picture quality that my jaw dropped on the floor and I almost left it there. Needless to say that their price is even more jaw dropping, but damn that was a pretty sight.

KILLING FLOOR 2 fully releases on November 18th
Tripwire Interactive today announced that its highly successful co-op sci-fi horror FPS game, KILLING FLOOR 2, will be officially launching globally on November 18th.

The digital PC base version of KILLING FLOOR 2 will be available to purchase for $29.99 (US), ?19.99 (UK) and €26.99 (EU) via Steam and other digital outlets as well as the PC Digital Deluxe version for $39.99 (US) /£29.99 (UK) /€39.99 (EU). In collaboration with Deep Silver and Iceberg Interactive, the deluxe content of KILLING FLOOR 2 will be included in the retail and digital versions for $39.99 (US) /£29.99 (UK) /€39.99 (EU).

yuraya

Yup.
I'm not enjoying that much, at it's best it is mediocre.

I'm having a hard time finishing it up as well. I think I will eventually since it plays really well and is kind of easy. The story is just so stupid and the writing is so bad its hard to stay engaged with it.

Arthea

I'm having a hard time finishing it up as well. I think I will eventually since its play really well and is kind of easy. The story is just so stupid and the writing is so bad its hard to stay engaged with it.

I started it earlier this year, I just can't play it, it's so mindnumbingly boring I just can't finish it, still left installed in case I feel masochistic some day.

Jawmuncher

Still say Rise of the Tomb Raider for the most part fixed a lot of the issues the first game had. The story still isn't the best but was definitely an improvement.

Tizoc

^I may have to agree, I enjoyed killing enemies in Rise a lot more than in the first game.
I'm having a hard time finishing it up as well. I think I will eventually since it plays really well and is kind of easy. The story is just so stupid and the writing is so bad its hard to stay engaged with it.

On the one hand yeah the overall controls are fine, but the game itself? Mediocre so much.
I mean geez
YOU HAVE TO HOLD L2 TO FIRE ANY OF YOUR WEAPONS
How can you make an oversight like that when desiging the game?
Don't even get me started on the lame QTEs....

Annubis

Does anyone here have a CLEAR save of Tales of Zesty?

I'm considering trying the game again and I'd like to start with some NG+ Grade shop stuff to ease playing.

Uraizen

Banned
I really hope DX11 Quantum Break isn't built around that weird upscaling they use in the current release. I'd like to replay the game (and get 100% achievements) and actually have good performance/crisp visuals.

I think they fixed that in a patch, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Tizoc

Crap, Deadly Premonition crashes whenever I alt+tab or go to desktop. Windows sent me a message regaring windows office and the game stopped working :/
Guess I'm playing Windowed from now on. Thankfully the place the game crashed at was 5ish minutes from when I saved so I can reach it fairly safely.

Grief.exe

The funny thing about FFXV delay (if true) is the money SE dumped into the toilet by doing that mega-event just to announce the relese date.
Instead of spending money on doing:

-an anime
-a CGI movie
-a PSN/Live spin-off

they've should hire more people to get this game out of the limbo.

I still remember that FF Versus XIII E3 Launch Trailer, lol.

Throwing more people at the problem isn't a solution in software development as there is a significant ramp up time associated with attaching new employees to a project.

At this point, it's also throwing good money out with the bad. It's done when it's done.

Ludens

Banned
Throwing more people at the problem isn't a solution in software development as there is a significant ramp up time associated with attaching new employees to a project.

At this point, it's also throwing good money out with the bad. It's done when it's done.

It depends: in example From asked help to Sony in order to fix their loading times with Bloodborne, and that worked.
I think adding new people to a project could be helpfu, depending on who you hire, of course.
First I think SE asked Avalanche to help with FFXV, if I remember correctly.
Second, if your project is pretty much complete and you only need to polish it up, I think a good team could help a lot even if they didn't work on the full project.

But as I wrote in the other thread, a delay can happen. What is baffling is the fact SE dumped money on that (pointless if the delay is true) mega event just to reveal the release date, when they could do that for free during E3.

Arthea

seriously, what couple of months means for a game that was in development hell for 10 years already?
It doesn't matter anymore how long they delay it, they should take their time, as much as is needed to make it good, because otherwise they are throwing 10 years of work out of the window.

Ludens

Banned
seriously, what couple of months means for a game that was in development hell for 10 years already?
It doesn't matter anymore how long they delay it, they should take their time, as much as is needed to make it good, because otherwise they are throwing 10 years of work out of the window.

But I agree with you, better a delayed game than a rushed D1 buggy mess.
The only dumb thing was wasting money on that Unveiled event.
Also no matter what FFXV will end to be, it won't be the same game it was originally planned. The fact you can control only one character over the full party as originally stated in Versus XIII is a bummer, plus the fact they rearranged heavily the story in order to fit in one game. Plus that Luminous Engine seems like a waste of time, the fact they dropped it for KH3 is a big hint. I believe.

Grief.exe

It depends: in example From asked help to Sony in order to fix their loading times with Bloodborne, and that worked.
I think adding new people to a project could be helpfu, depending on who you hire, of course.

From asked the manufacturer of proprietary hardware how to optimize their software on said proprietary hardware. That doesn’t surprise me that Sony had a solution.

Second, if your project is pretty much complete and you only need to polish it up, I think a good team could help a lot even if they didn't work on the full project.

Might be able to find some work to be done, but for the most party finalizing the game for ship is optimizing and bug squashing, which requires intimate knowledge of the engine and systems.

But as I wrote in the other thread, a delay can happen. What is baffling is the fact SE dumped money on that (pointless if the delay is true) mega event just to reveal the release date, when they could do that for free during E3.

These are two different sides of the company at play, the marketing department has no idea how likely or unlikely the software side is to make ship date. The software side likely told them that this is the date we are shooting for, but there is always a possible delta associated with software development, can rarely be exact.

That event was likely a drop in the bucket compared to the years of development time, so really any discussion on it is irrelevant.

Mivey

I fixed Metro 2033, by verifying the game cache, not that I had touched any of the files. It redownloaded 2GB, no crashes since. Steam is weird sometimes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I fixed Metro 2033, by verifying the game cache, not that I had touched any of the files. It redownloaded 2GB, no crashes since. Steam is weird sometimes.

Steam once delivered v1.00 of The Witcher 2 to me instead of the latest build. It took me a little while to realise why I couldn't find the troll contract in Flotsam.

Metro: Last Light is the latest addition to my "Performs Like Shit on AMD" category in steam along with Prototype 2 and The Flame in the Flood.

Ascheroth

Yeah, Tomb Raider was pretty mediocre. I finished it, but the fact that it felt like Lara couldn't move 3 steps without everything around her exploding and hurling her around in the most bombastic fashion possible became pretty tiring.
Among other things.

Tizoc

Yeah, Tomb Raider was pretty mediocre. I finished it, but the fact that it felt like Lara couldn't move 3 steps without everything around her exploding and hurling her around in the most bombastic fashion possible became pretty tiring.
Among other things.
Lara murdering every enemy that comes her way is kinds funny too
For a protag who you 'want to protect' she sure has a lot of useful tools at her disposal :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom