• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real question is whether anyone can wait for the Winter Sale to pull the trigger on some of these titles. I know I can--some of the games in my list simply are not discounted enough. 🌚

Being a Humble monthly bundle subscriber really makes it hard for me to pull the trigger on Steam sales.

I'm eyeing up Hard West atm.

I'm interested in hard west too but have a gut feeling of it being in a humble monthly at some point. That and Darkest Dungeon.

Also, is HELLDIVERS worth?

rtcn63

The real question is whether anyone can wait for the Winter Sale to pull the trigger on some of these titles. I know I can--some of the games in my list simply are not discounted enough. 🌚

I think Grief or someone said that last year, the winter and autumn sales had the same discounts.

I think Grief or someone said that last year, the winter and autumn sales had the same discounts.

last year that was true but this year

Keep in mind however that Valve has allowed publishers to set a different discount for the Winter Sale. So unless you want to play a game you are interested in right, you could consider holding off for the next sale though there is no guarantee the price for certain games will go lower.

Deadly

What are the odds that the Winter Sale will be more discounted though? My guesses are that it'll be rather similar...

It's been on my radar but I am legit scared to play that game. I feel like I'll be a blubbering mess by the end.

You are not wrong, but that certainly shouldn't stop you from playing To The Moon. You'd be missing out on a really good story. Just be sure to stock up on hankies before you start playing.

J_Viper

How XxHardcorexX is the PC community in R6 Siege?

I understand it's a tense shooter, but is communicating really required? Or should I just stick to Overwatch for my MP kicks?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam's servers seem to have stabilized now. Given historical trends over the course of various sales, I'm confident that everything should be fine now for the remainder of the sale
(barring some huge disaster or circumstances outside of my control, of course)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Done.

15058711_549296161933473_718826139_n.png

Was tempted to get Grim Dawn and Dishonoured, but I'll wait for the next sale.

kevin1025

Banned
How XxHardcorexX is the PC community in R6 Siege?

I understand it's a tense shooter, but is communicating really required? Or should I just stick to Overwatch for my MP kicks?

I play Siege fairly often, there are some hardcore types out there, but they mostly stick to the non-casual matchmaking section. There have been times where I messed up and got an earful over my headphones. It's a great time outside of those super rare occurrences, I'd say communicating isn't required (some would say it is, though), I go in and just listen to teammates when things are about to go down.

StoneFox

I'm strapped for cash but have already hit $41 with Dragon's Dogma, Trails of the Sky and Trails of the Sky SC.

It'll have to do I guess. Luckily they are long games at least.

Bought Ori DE and Cities: Skylines plus expansions for myself and Y's I and II Chronicles for the wife since I keep seeing it mentioned on Gaf.

Score me some brownie points guys.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
How's Battlerite currently?

Been eyeing it for a while and while the discount isn't that steep I wouldn't mind getting it for all the heroes/future heroes.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Anyone get a Steam Link? I already have the controller so I figured $28 (w/shipping) isn't too bad.

i did. looking forward to enjoying my comfy couch again after switching to PCs a few months back.

i got it for $20 shipped on amazon w/ prime

Wok

Cool stuff that I am considering to buy during these sales.

The "impulse purchase" DLC for Honey which was discounted as I suggested to the dev on the Steam forum.

And other cool games:

Dr.Acula

Banned
Copped Dishonored for $10 plus DLC. How are the controls with keyboard and mouse? Im used to using the analog stick to control movement in stealth games. Does the K+M have a similar control set of being control of the movement?

I played through the game fine on KBM. It feels more like Deus Ex than Batman or something. You could always just play it with an XBox controller?

DTJAAAAM

Ended up ordering:

Princess Maker 2 Refine
StarCrawlers
Stranger of Sword City
Titan Quest Anniversary edition
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom