• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are making me want to buy it now LOL,I think I need to watch some videos and make my mind up, hearing Diablo 3 just makes me want to get it, is the loot just guns?

Guns, attachments, and various armor pieces (chest helm knee pads ect.). They come in different rarities like normal "magic" "rare" "unique" "set", but again watch a few videos or twitch streams and you will see if you will like it. The game is kind of repetitive like most ARPG's, so if you dont like what you see in streams you probably wont like the final game.

theRizzle

Hhahah I'm so stupid

So far Max Payne 3 65% and DOOM 67% seems great.
GTA V at 50% is also sounds good to me, maybe it will not be better than this

It will not be in this sale. You could wait until Christmas but there's no guarantee the deals will be the same (or better) then

Grief.exe

Trails in the Sky or Stardew Valley?

tumblr_ne0wilp7HO1rwg7ino1_1280.png

It's easy, just go to one of the games you've got installed and change the game's app id, it'll fail to launch but you'll idle the game. You could always use idle master, too, but you have to change it slightly for games that have already had their cards dropped.

For the first method navigate to your steam folder, then go to steam apps, then go to the "common" folder, choose a game you want to idle and grab its id, open your installed game's app id text document, paste the id of the game you want to idle in, and then run the game through the folder.
Thanks! Last task completed.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIX!

Yep. Square-Enidos is dumb when it comes to Steam. :/

If I buy The Division for $10 from Amazon w/ UPlay code and the Season Pass from Steam for $20, can I use them together?

Unless you're able to get the CD-key off the Season pass: More than likely, no. Due to needing to have Steam show the CD-key for the Season pass to interface with Uplay.

Ophiuchus

Banned
Hear mixed impressions about that game.
I recommend Kathy Rain if you want a good simple PnC Adventure game.

Thank you for recommendation.I will definitely check it out.

I don't know if this game has any relation to series ( I loved The Longest Journey and Dreamfall) but would like to see meaningful conclusion to it.

Zapages

Thank you guys. :)

Thinking of the following:

Assassin's Creed Chronicles - 12.50 - the cheapest that I have seen so far.
Don Bradman Cricket 17 - 50 dollars - releases on Dec 16th...

Maybe or wait till Christmas sale?
Inside - 15 dollars - will it go down more for the Christmas sale?
Trackmania Turbo - 30 dollars - is it worth it? Will it go down more?

Maybe's so far:
GTA V - 30 dollars
GTA Collection 15 dollars

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Starbound at 33% off.

Tempted, but it'll probably be the same or better in the next sale

Right?

KingV

I'm considering dmc3... even though I know it's a shit tier port, it sounds like it can be massaged into working somewhat properly.

Adam M

It will not be in this sale. You could wait until Christmas but there's no guarantee the deals will be the same (or better) then

And what if they won't discount at the winter sale? So I can wait till the Winter sale but what if this won't be discounted again or it will be just 40%? Could happen, I bought Arkham Knight at the Halloween sale at 60% but now it's just 50%

Nete

Panzer Corps + 17 DLC for 42€. Yep, it's time to finally go in.

Also thinking on Transformers Devastation and Black Mesa. Maybe I'll save them for Christmas.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Grabbed Undertale + Raiden 4 Overkill for now.

Theres some good prices but I feel guilty about buying more games when my backlog keeps growing. For every 1 game I beat Im buying 3 more.

Spinky

How good is the Grand Theft Auto V PC port? Will I be able to enjoy it in 1080p at max settings and 60 fps without weird issues (frame drops, stuttering), or is it a game like Dishonored 2 or Forza Horizon 3 that will not run optimally no matter what the circumstances.

I'll do some digging around the net, but thought I could get a quick - and current - perspective here.
It's without a doubt the best version of the game if you have a good PC.

I have a 1060 and it generally runs really smoothly.

theRizzle

And what if they won't discount at the winter sale? So I can wait till the Winter sale but what if this won't be discounted again or it will be just 40%? Could happen, I bought Arkham Knight at the Halloween sale at 60% but now it's just 50%

Chances are the sale will at least be the same as it is now.

Nibiru

Banned
I've wanted the new Hitman for awhile now but is it still always online. I mean I'm always connected obviously but I heard if their servers go down the game boots you even though it's only single player.

WarRock

I have ~200 games in my wish list for various reasons. Barring unreleased games, there are like 3 titles not discounted. Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom