• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allright Steam Sale!!!

Struggling to find things to buy though. I need to stop buying things... I like the Steam Awards idea though, thats fun. I like being able to nominate the things I want as opposed to some list of preselected things

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They have a good discount over at S-E's US store.

Not any more, turns out that was a pricing error. Now they are 30% off.

rtcn63

They have a good discount over at S-E's US store.

Jonah-Hill-%E2%80%93-Cut-It-Out.gif

Dr.Acula

Banned
Hello fellow NeoGAF member. You should spend an extra couple bucks at Humble Bundle and get it there along with a bunch of other really good games. You can use Steam support to return games bought through their store to return games.

You mean you can get Steam credit back for HMB games you don't want?

edit: I get it now.

Adam M

I'm new to this Steam paradise. Prices can go lower during this 1 week or why to wait till the end? On my wishlist there are games up to 80%, I don't think that this can go higher or just bundles can come up randomly?

C4rter

TransOcean 2 in the Bundle with the first one (and if you have the first one already) for 9,74€
That's the lowest yet I think.

J_Viper

I play Siege fairly often, there are some hardcore types out there, but they mostly stick to the non-casual matchmaking section. There have been times where I messed up and got an earful over my headphones. It's a great time outside of those super rare occurrences, I'd say communicating isn't required (some would say it is, though), I go in and just listen to teammates when things are about to go down.

Thanks, I'll check it out

Would it be eligible for a Steam Refund? I'm not sure how those work on Uplay games.

rtcn63

So would you say that someone with open world fatigue played the game they would get bored easy? It's the reason I have been avoiding Far Cry Primal, I am burned out on open world.

I gave up on Primal after a few hours too.

Mind you, I played Division at launch. People have said that the game has been improved with patches. I just didn't find the core gameplay, loot, or difficulty (normal is too easy to solo, hard is a fucking chore) to be at all compelling. It's a "play with your friends while throwing back tall boys" experience.

Is the single player portion good?

I bought full price at launch and played mainly single player and I enjoyed it and it was worth full price to me. Since then supposedly a lot has changed (for the better) and it is even better now. Watch some videos and see if its your cup of tea. It is essential a TPS Diablo 3, although loot is a worse. Gunplay feels nice though.

How good is the Grand Theft Auto V PC port? Will I be able to enjoy it in 1080p at max settings and 60 fps without weird issues (frame drops, stuttering), or is it a game like Dishonored 2 or Forza Horizon 3 that will not run optimally no matter what the circumstances.

I'll do some digging around the net, but thought I could get a quick - and current - perspective here.

theRizzle

How good is the Grand Theft Auto V PC port? Will I be able to enjoy it in 1080p at max settings and 60 fps without weird issues (frame drops, stuttering), or is it a game like Dishonored 2 or Forza Horizon 3 that will not run optimally no matter what the circumstances.

I'll do some digging around the net, but thought I could get a quick - and current - perspective here.

It's excellent, provided you have the PC to run it.

It's great.

Ophiuchus

Banned
I think I will go with Dreamfall Chapters only.It is 9$ (70%) and I don't expect it to go any lower in christmas sale.

Zapages

I think this is the lowest GTA V has been on Steam? Correct?

What are the extra cards for though? Are they worth investing in?

rtcn63

Ahh I see, doesn't sound too bad, I kind of like the mmo feel of it but I am just completely burned out on open world side quest filler at this point.

It's pretty much all filler. The story is... there really isn't one. Do the same tasks over and over in hopes of getting experience and weapons that don't play any different than your current ones. But as I said, things may have changed now.

EDIT:

The loot experience is (was) nothing like Diablo 3. In a bad way.

inner-G

Banned

You can run it at 4K/60 on a 970

thinking of getting gta 5. I've been waiting until it reached 50% off. there's no way it'll hit lower this winter sale, might as well buy now right?

theRizzle

I think this is the lowest GTA V has been on Steam? Correct?

What are the extra cards for though? Are they worth investing in?

The "cards" are extra money for GTA Online. I wouldn't buy them at all personally, and would suggest you at least try the game and GTA Online before putting your money into microtransactions.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
How did the appid trick work again to make Steam think you're playing a game you don't have installed?

It's easy, just go to one of the games you've got installed and change the game's app id, it'll fail to launch but you'll idle the game. You could always use idle master, too, but you have to change it slightly for games that have already had their cards dropped.

For the first method navigate to your steam folder, then go to steam apps, then go to the "common" folder, choose a game you want to idle and grab its id, open your installed game's app id text document, paste the id of the game you want to idle in, and then run the game through the folder.

J_Viper

I wish I could just install the GTAV campaign without also having to download all the updates for the terrible online mode. Same goes for Doom.

Dishonored DLC cheaper than the definitive version! Yes, I will pay with steam bucks.

Bummed MGSV got a repackage. That will keep the price higher for longer. I hoped it would hit 15.

bbd23

I think I will go with Dreamfall Chapters only.It is 9$ (70%) and I don't expect it to go any lower in christmas sale.

hopefully they fixed performance in that game..I had to stop playing at the final chapter because it was so shit on release. thanks unity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom