• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

rav

I keep adding 25 items from my wishlist and trying to checkout, and keep getting Working... or too busy. I've had to readd everything to my cart 2x now. :(
Anyone else having problems?

(doing this in the plain steam client, no addon/browser)

Grief.exe

Wow, Deus Ex Mankind Divided is already 50% off? That seems like a bomba.

Square Enix is generally pretty aggressive with their discounts, might lean towards picking this up.

Are the After Dark and Snowfall expansions worth getting for Cities: Skylines? Is Cities: Skylines a good modern SimCity?

Yes, it's excellent.

Meant to be amazing but I don't know how to play it :( Tutorials are lacking imo

That's surprising since it's so approachable. Check out some YouTube videos though.

kAmui-

Hitman or Doom?

Here's my suggestion : Buy Doom and one or two episodes of Hitman. You'll spend more time with each level in Hitman, when you don't have them all. Otherwise you'll most likely play each level once and move on (at least that's what would happen to me). Then when christmas sale comes buy more Hitman.

Annubis

Here's my awards.

VUEq29m.png

Hmmm... bacon

theRizzle

Do I need GFW or anything for Bulletstorm?

I think the version of Bulletstorm currently on Steam does, but I believe there is a "remaster" coming that will have no GFW stuff in it (obviously) and my hopes are they will give that for free to owners of the original a la Bioshock and Skyrim.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I swear I got Dark Souls a few years ago for half the price it is now, what's happened?

Larger platform utilization and popularity means there's less reason for publishers to discount games as much as they used to.

Cels

hmm

looking hard at undertale for $5 and axiom verge for $10

disappointed that mgsv has such a small discount, looking at doom which came out 7 months later and is cheaper in this sale

you can also get inside for a little bit cheaper than the sale price of $15 if you already own limbo

Tentative nominations
Need a better pick for villain category and using mega man collection feels like cheating. I kind of want to use Dark Souls, but it's still a relatively recent game in the grand scheme of things. Also not the episode of LiS that I'd pick, but it's the one most likely to accumulate votes.

rtcn63

Thanks for the link, I can't seem to find the code on mobile though, is it on the main page? So buying this.

You have to have a Facebook account. You like their FB page, and then can put your e-mail in to get a one-time use 5% off coupon. (The coupon code will only apply after you've created and logged into your CDkeys account)

A new code can be generated for every new purchase.

Thank you for the recs everyone!

I'll grab Life is Strange and Ori for now. I forgot I wanted Disgaea as well and I'm trying to save some money here. Shame Steins;Gate is so expensive, but it sounds worth it.

Tizoc

Really tempted by God Eater 2: Rage Burst, but I heard it has problems on PC?

What's the status like?

No PC issues whatsoever from my end.
Just make sure it is using your dedicated gaming gfx card and not the intel HD card :p

Monooboe

Ok here's how I voted.:D I kind of like that it isn't just for games of this year but for all games in the store. I just wonder how they will do, if they are just going to pick games of this year as the winners or if they do allow older games then there is a risk of it being the same games every year, unless they have different categories every year,

Well, almost none of the indie games I was hoping to pick up are on sale. Curious Expedition, Devil Daggers, VA-11 Hall-A, Nuclear Throne.

Homeworld Remastered Collection at 66% off is a pretty good deal though.

Lister

Banned
Any sales on VR hardware expected?

I think I can buy it, hide it from the wife, and only take it out to enjoy it when she's away for at least a few months before she finds it and I get in trouble.

yuraya

Decided to go with the first Dark Souls for WHOOOAAAAA, DUDE! award.

Just seems appropriate. There is quite nothing like experiencing that game for the first time.

Time to see how the new filter system is gonna fare with indie devs!

Notice how I didn't say screw us.

I'm trying to be optimistic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom