• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've wanted the new Hitman for awhile now but is it still always online. I mean I'm always connected obviously but I heard if their servers go down the game boots you even though it's only single player.

This is true. I attempted to play the game a few months ago after getting off a 16 hour shift at work and was just looking to relax. Servers were down, couldn't log in to play the single-player campaign. Deleted the game out of frustration, haven't reinstalled since.

elfinke

Solid start, happy to finally own and gift some copies of lethal league and nidhogg. Just in time for school holidays too, gonna bop some relos.

So the AoEIIHD DLC is on sale, I want them, but can't buy them now. The page doesn't state when does the offer ends, anyway to know that ?

It's without a doubt the best version of the game if you have a good PC.

I have a 1060 and it generally runs really smoothly.

A big thanks to you and everyone else who responded. I have a GTX 1080 (should have said that in the first place), so I'm probably in good shape.

I just know that there are some games that won't run well no matter what you do (FH3, a game I adore, is a perfect example).

fantomena

Dishonored 2 better be fixed by it goes on sale. Will wait. Im however done. Managed to get my wishlist form 18 to 8. Feels good.

desu

Been picking up some games I wanted to play again PC and that were on my wishlist for some time now. It's been ages since I've bought anything in a Steam sale. Was tempted to pick 2-3x as many games but I won't have the time to play them all anyway.

games4akm7.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Since you can't vote for games not on Steam in the Steam awards, just for this thread:

The "Game Pump Award for Pre-2010* Game You'd Like To See On Steam And It Doesn't Need To Be Plausible Because Game Pump Will Provide So It's OK TO Say Super Mario Bros 3 Honestly" Award

Since you can't vote for games not on Steam in the Steam awards, just for this thread:

The "Game Pump Award for Pre-2010* Game You'd Like To See On Steam And It Doesn't Need To Be Plausible Because Game Pump Will Provide So It's OK TO Say Super Mario Bros 3 Honestly" Award

Pump up the game
Pump up the game
Pump up the game, pump it up.
Pump it, pump it, pump it.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Hmm, purchase Doom now or wait for Winter sale.

swarley64

I've wanted the new Hitman for awhile now but is it still always online. I mean I'm always connected obviously but I heard if their servers go down the game boots you even though it's only single player.
You can still play single player but you won't earn XP and unlocks... Or the offline and online progression are kept separate or something like that.

144 game wishlist, only 2 titles are 75% off.
Wondering whether I should buy Deus Ex and maybe 2-3 other games.

I actually want Attack on Titan and One Piece Burning Blood but 40 and 50% are still not good enough.

Is there a program that can hide my mouse cursor in games when using a controller, some games dont do this by default for whatever reason?

kswiston

Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Someone needs to get on inventing that time machine so they can go back and save the source code.

I would settle for emulation though.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
This is true. I attempted to play the game a few months ago after getting off a 16 hour shift at work and was just looking to relax. Servers were down, couldn't log in to play the single-player campaign. Deleted the game out of frustration, haven't reinstalled since.

FWIW, I have the exact opposite experience. I bought it on a whim and have had nothing but great experiences with it.

The gameplay is really really great. Probably a frontrunner for best hitman game? I dunno, but absolutely making it onto my list of best games this year. Better than DOOM, and all of the shooters released this year, IMO.

ArjanN

I had one disconnect in like 70-80 hours. Outside of maybe whenever a new level just released I don't think their servers have had any real downtime.

It's also autosaving every couple of minutes anyway.

FWIW, I have the exact opposite experience. I bought it on a whim and have had nothing but great experiences with it.

The gameplay is really really great. Probably a frontrunner for best hitman game? I dunno, but absolutely making it onto my list of best games this year. Better than DOOM, and all of the shooters released this year, IMO.

Yeah, it's like a technically superior, more refined Blood Money with more elaborate levels.

duppolo

Nominee:
Dota 2
Life Is Strange
La tua nomina:
XCOM® 2
Technobabylon
Tyranny
The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt
Battlerite
Darkest Dungeon

From no to wow:
HITMAN™

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
144 game wishlist, only 2 titles are 75% off.
Wondering whether I should buy Deus Ex and maybe 2-3 other games.

I actually want Attack on Titan and One Piece Burning Blood but 40 and 50% are still not good enough.

Definitely get Deus Ex

Yep, never buy a game tied to a server that isn't one of the big names like Steam. Can't trust them. Ever.

Wok

By the way, Denuvo was removed from INSIDE. Info from lashboy.

7hxeLsw.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Someone needs to get on inventing that time machine so they can go back and save the source code.

I would settle for emulation though.

Not directly Panzer Dragoon Saga (which would definitely require emulation at this point), but it is worth noting that a ton of 90s / early-00s Sega games did get PC ports (Night Trap, Virtua Cop, House of the Dead 1, Typing of the Dead 1) that aren't on Steam and it'd be great to see them get a release.

Should I go for Muv-luv or Steins Gate? Been wanting both but can only afford one. Also I assume these are the lowest price for both on this sale?

i would go with Steins, it's a complete experience, and Muv-Luv isn't at the moment without Alternative.

And not only that but the two VNs are leagues apart, and it's not really fair either because the main dish of Muv-Luv is without a doubt Alternative.
Extra and Unlimited are average VN's that will shine a bit more after you have the big picture, at least that's what most people say about the series.

So go with Steins to have an enjoyable and complete experience.

duppolo

bought:
1) the witcher 3 game of the year (finally!)
2)helldivers deluxe
3)shroud of the avatar (garriot, plz make me happy, cayuse u are my hero and my nemesis)

Zeeman

Forgot auto-repost, just a few minutes left

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zeeman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Life is Strange Complete Season -- MB-E93B0C69314EB509 - Taken by Madn. 41 entrants total.

t1479937816z1.png

Jeff6851

I bought fallout 4 a month ago for $30 ugh. Finally bought witcher 3 tho, I'll wait on the DLC. Guess I won't be getting Doom on BF anymore.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I'm sure JaseC will pop in at some point about who owns the rights and why this would never work but...

The game I would be most excited about seeing on Steam is the Shadow Hearts series. There was some talk about Koudelka coming to Steam but I don't think that ever materialized. If I had to pick one, it would be Shadow Hearts: Covenant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom