• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
First steam sale where I genuinely don't know what I want to get.

Stardew Valley and Inside are a tiny bit above impulse buy sadly.

ArjanN

nYSBIuU.png

THE VOTES ARE IN!

I feel sorry for the Valve employee that has to sort through all the bad joke submissions.

So I just got the retail version (uPlay) of the Division for 10 bucks. Can I buy the Season Pass for 20 on Steam and use it with that version on uPlay? I doubt it, but wanted to check.

So I just got the retail version (uPlay) of the Division for 10 bucks. Can I buy the Season Pass for 20 on Steam and use it with that version on uPlay? I doubt it, but wanted to check.

no...you can't buy a Season Pass for a gzme on Steam without owning the base game on Steam

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
taking over JShack's Bathesda shilling because Elder Scrolls Online is on sale (again / still) and it shockingly awesome.

ExoSoul

Banned
Since my display doesn't help with SS my picks I'll just list them:

Test of Time - FTL: Faster Than Light
Had a hard time picking this one since I'm usually a one and done type of guy

I'm Not Crying, There's Something In My Eye - Thomas Was Alone
Not exactly crying but everyone that has ever played it will understand why, and if you haven't I encourage you to discover why

Juts 5 More Minutes - Enter the Gungeon
Some other titles came close (Rocket league for one) but there was a clear winner amongst them.

Whoooaaaaaaa, dude! -
The Swapper
Really can't say, find out for yourself ;)
It's another case of everyone that has played it agrees on it and for a good reason.

Villain Most In Need Of A Hug - Double Dragon Neon
Somewhat of a joke pick, the credit scene/music just goes so well with the award name. Couldn't really think of a game to pick so this felt "right".

Game Within A Game - Final Fantasy X/X-2
Not only are you getting two for the price of one (sorta) you also get everyone's favourite, Blitzball!!!! I knew most people would go with FF VIII and Triple Triad but having never played FF VIII I went with the next best thing.

I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award - Gunpoint
I didn't really know what to pick since I'm usually LTTP, couldn't remember the games I had pre-ordered/bought on release (besides Dragon's Dogma but I don't feel like it fits the bill) so I went with a game I truly enjoyed that's somewhat recognised, even critically, but still manages to go under the radar, that counts right?
conwayheadscratch

You could say I picked it at gunpoint
hammerheadsnark

Best Use Of A Farm Animal - Divide By Sheep
Had to go through my library for this one, had it on Shelter before but the number of things you can do with a single sheep got it the spot.
Also considered Bad Rats

And finally drum roll
Bullshot of the Year - No Man's Sky
Had no idea what to do with this category ╮(︶▽︶)╭

Syf

Banned
So which is the best option for a Civ game for a newcomer to the series? Anything but VI because that's still $70.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Let's be honest, nobody's reading them.

At most they might make a script that finds the most commonly used words or phrases.

This is the correct answer. Believing anything else is a road to disappointment.

taking over JShack's Bathesda shilling because Elder Scrolls Online is on sale (again / still) and it shockingly awesome.

107211-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-biceps-h-DXwa.gif

None of the Total Warhammer DLC is on sale.

Creative Assembly, you're killing me.
So which is the best option for a Civ game for a newcomer to the series? Anything but VI because that's still $70.
Civ5, without question. Just be sure to get the expansions--all other DLC is skippable unless you reaaalllly want it.

hoserx

Just bought Doom. Don't expect much better than 19.99. Looking forward to playing it........ after a 71 gb download!

Burt

Picked up The Witcher 3

Put out a refund ticket when I saw GOTY was only $10 more compared to the individual packs being $22.50 separate.

Canceled it when I remembered time is a resource and one stint in TW3 is probably enough without another 40+ hours of DLC.

But now I'm all "Eh, I was gonna spend that extra $10 before I changed my mind, might as well spend it anyway."

And now I'm stuck at

Massive Chalice/Fallout/Fallout 2
RE4
Invisible, Inc.
Sunless Sea
Shovel Knight
Steamworld Heist
Stardew Valley
Axiom Verge
Salt and Sanctuary
Age of Decadence

Damn you, Steam sale

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Zojirushi

I think this is the first time I've seen NMS on sale on PC. Still kind of a bummer price since this is one of those games that can be bought for much cheaper (used) on consoles now.

Thank you for recommendation.I will definitely check it out.

I don't know if this game has any relation to series ( I loved The Longest Journey and Dreamfall) but would like to see meaningful conclusion to it.
Dreamfall Chapters is a direct sequel to Dreamfall (to the point I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't played Dreamfall).

Amzin

But we'll see these results next month!

Sorry, love you MRORANGE!

ahaha, ouch

My noms. Was kinda meh on the Game within a game because I almost universally hate those, so I chose one where the "minigames" are just the fun gameplay isolated into sidequests, and also because I had to nominate Sleepy Doggos for something.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Larger platform utilization and popularity means there's less reason for publishers to discount games as much as they used to.

Just to note a few others,

But Bethesda is another where the prices for ES games actually went up, even though they dropped their RSP.

Other companies like Activation will not discount the COD series below 10$.

Ones like Capcom, Namco, EA, etc. Most have hit a certain point where it's pointless to keep dropping the prices and have either plateau or begun to offer smaller discounts than before. As stated, because Steam is the number one in the market now, but also if the game has been 5$ for 3 years prior, it's well past the point of trying to get that lowest price bar of people and more alongside people rebuying it or hold outs.

abracadaver

How do I get all the extra content for Rise of the Tomb Raider? I own the base game

On the store there are now 3 options for me:

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (includes Season Pass) for 24,99€
Rise of the Tomb Raider - Season Pass for 13,99€
Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration Pack for 9,99€

Does the Celebration Pack for 9,99€ include the Season Pass as well?

Dubz

So Steamlink is on sale for $19.99.

My PC is downstairs and connected via wifi to a modem that is one floor above my PC. Worth it?

ezodagrom

Very fun game, recommend it after it's <15$. Don't buy it now, be patient, you'll probably get a better discount in Christmas Sale, who knows?
Koei Tecmo, so don't expect any higher than 50% discount until about 1.5 ~ 2 years after release, it'll maybe get a 60% discount then (Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires just got its first 60% discount 1 year and 9 months after release).

The only thing I've bought this sale so far is a carrying case for my Steam Controller... I feel like I'm approaching the point of having just about all the games I really really want at the moment.

madjoki

How do I get all the extra content for Rise of the Tomb Raider? I own the base game

On the store there are now 3 options for me:

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (includes Season Pass) for 24,99€
Rise of the Tomb Raider - Season Pass for 13,99€
Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration Pack for 9,99€

Does the Celebration Pack for 9,99€ include the Season Pass as well?

No, Season Pass includes 20 Year Celebration Pack and other DLC. 20 Year Celebration Pack is just one part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom