• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, these steam awards. I wanted to vote Undertale and Stardew Valley for like, multiple categories. I pick the most appropriate ones (e.g. farm animal for Stardew).

I put Stardew there as well, but I'm almost certain Goat Simulator will win that one.

Such is the sad tale of Steam.
Oh right, I forgot all about that game. Yeah you're probably right on that one. Can't fight against the memes after all.

Haha, these steam awards. I wanted to vote Undertale and Stardew Valley for like, multiple categories. I pick the most appropriate ones (e.g. farm animal for Stardew).

I put Stardew there as well, but I'm almost certain Goat Simulator will win that one.

Such is the sad tale of Steam.

iosefe

OH boy! i can't wait to see who gets the Steamy!

probably not going to get much of anything this sale, but it's a nice concept. someone should have done a Steam Great Game awards ages ago

dacuk

Street Fighter V is at $29.99.
If it were $19.99, or $29.99 with all DLC characters, I would have gone for it.
I'll be waiting for next year's sale, it seems.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
something to note with Elder Scrolls Online btw, concerning normal vs gold edition, obviously the Gold edition comes with the dlc (well, 4 of the 5 available), with each being a new piece of storyline involving the dark brotherhood or thieves guild or what have you.

but you also need the dlc to do the corrosponding dungeon(s) from each, which for a mmo, even one that tilts more to the rpg side of the balance, is probably still important.

Ive actually been running all the dungeons and they are surprisingly good, especially the II versions (same setup as the normal dungeon but with different bosses and sometimes different paths, its not exactly like a heroic dungeon in wow for example because those also exist here), so for example you will have The Banished Cells I which is fairly simple and most of it is tank and spank, and you will have The Banished Cells II, with new bosses that actually have complicated mechanics and you actually have to follow tactics.

so yeah, keep that in mind regarding DLC (for example I have 2 dungeons I cant access even with Gold because I dont have the latest DLC)

edit: wait maybe thats a big fat lie, on this dungeon guide it only lists 2 being locked behind dlc (the 2 I have locked) so I guess the other 4 dlcs didnt have dungeons?

What was the trick to let idlemaster drop cards after the first wave? I closed/reopened steam and idlemaster, re-logged in , but it doesn't work anymore.

i would go with Steins, it's a complete experience, and Muv-Luv isn't at the moment without Alternative.

And not only that but the two VNs are leagues apart, and it's not really fair either because the main dish of Muv-Luv is without a doubt Alternative.
Extra and Unlimited are average VN's that will shine a bit more after you have the big picture, at least that's what most people say about the series.

So go with Steins to have an enjoyable and complete experience.

Thanks! Will go with Steins; Gate then.

Ascheroth

Steam Autumn Sale of Nothing on my wishlist has any good discounts, but actually it doesn't really matter because I have way too much games to play anyway.
Thanks for letting my wallet off the hook, Gabe.

Anno

Question for the ESO people: Is it worth buying to be just a game I want to run around in randomly and explore/see the story? Basically anything other than running dungeons or whatever, which I just don't like anymore.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
something to note with Elder Scrolls Online btw, concerning normal vs gold edition, obviously the Gold edition comes with the dlc (well, 4 of the 5 available), with each being a new piece of storyline involving the dark brotherhood or thieves guild or what have you.

but you also need the dlc to do the corrosponding dungeon(s) from each, which for a mmo, even one that tilts more to the rpg side of the balance, is probably still important.

Ive actually been running all the dungeons and they are surprisingly good, especially the II versions (same setup as the normal dungeon but with different bosses and sometimes different paths, its not exactly like a heroic dungeon in wow for example because those also exist here), so for example you will have The Banished Cells I which is fairly simple and most of it is tank and spank, and you will have The Banished Cells II, with new bosses that actually have complicated mechanics and you actually have to follow tactics.

so yeah, keep that in mind regarding DLC (for example I have 2 dungeons I cant access even with Gold because I dont have the latest DLC)

And to continue the shill, for people that aren't interested in the multiplayer mechanics:

Some of the DLC adds new skill trees that are only accessible if you have the DLC. For example, there is a "guild" skill tree for the Thieve's Guild, and there is also a Ledgermain skill tree that is unlocked as part of the Thieve's Guild storyline. These are (in my opinion) both great, as it lets you unlock passive bonuses such as the ability to pickpocket better, or for your bounty to go down faster. The Dark Brotherhood DLC gives you an active skill that lets you sneak up on people and instant KO them which is extremely handy. It also has a passive skill tree to help you kill folks better.

And in addition to the story content each of these provides, there are repeatable quests that can be done daily for extra gold / items / glory /etc. The DLC is definitely worth getting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Question for the ESO people: Is it worth buying to be just a game I want to run around in randomly and explore/see the story? Basically anything other than running dungeons or whatever, which I just don't like anymore.

yes, most quests are above the usual mmo-fare, and some are actually really strong, mainly the main ones (both main story, and main zone ones).

dungeons are easy to get into tho, they arent very long, and even tho there is a trinity, its a bit more loose than something like wow

Anno

yes, most quests are above the usual mmo-fare, and some are actually really strong, mainly the main ones (both main story, and main zone ones).

dungeons are easy to get into tho, they arent very long, and even tho there is a trinity, its a bit more loose than something like wow

Thanks. I'm mostly just tired of loot treadmill in general, which is most of what dungeons are for I assume. But I still like exploring cool worlds and getting into some lore, so I'll go with that instead.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So wait for the Gold? How's the gamepad support in ESO at this point?

Don't wait - the gold version is easily worth the extra $20. Most of us were crazy enough to buy each of the DLC for $20 each.

Controller support is really good - there is a setting in the game's options that, when enabled, will revamp the entire interface to the console version's.

Shade

I keep adding 25 items from my wishlist and trying to checkout, and keep getting Working... or too busy. I've had to readd everything to my cart 2x now. :(
Anyone else having problems?

(doing this in the plain steam client, no addon/browser)

Late reply, but when I randomly encounter this (in web and client) I have to reduce the number of items in my cart and then it works. Multiple bundles in the cart can seem to cause this issue as well when there is already a high number of items in your cart. I just end up splitting the cart into multiple orders and it works.

nacimento

Whats the difference between Dynasty Warriors 8 and Dynasty Warriors 8 Legends? And which is better, if there is a better one and not just different?

TheMan

Oh man, too many games. Leaning toward rogue system, but damned if I know what else to get. It's a good position to be in, I guess.

Do mods make just cause 3 worth it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So before you could get both games when you own full Skyrim. Now you have to buy either the old game or the Remastered? If so, they should have removed the old game and only keep the Remastered Edition.

The original release is still available as it is enduringly popular due to its massive mod community and the vast majority of them need to be tweaked for the Special Edition. Bethesda did exactly what you propose with Doom 3 when the BFG Edition released and ultimately backtracked due to complaints (the BFG Edition is incompatible with most if not all Doom 3 mods as it's laced with id Tech 5 technology).

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Valen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lolly Joe #2 -- MB-8EFC6459EE4065AD - Taken by chronomac. 3 entrants total.
Lolly Joe -- MB-17EE428E795B9B3A - Taken by Teppic. 6 entrants total.

t1480027725z1.png

Good luck!

Regginator

Exploring, sure. Story, not really. I've been playing for an hour or four (according to most that's nothing yet), but all I've done are fetch quests so far. Mind you, this is the MAIN story. I'm not gonna touch the side quests at all, which I'd imagine are even more fetch quest-ish.

Arthea

The best part of this sale so far? Definitely nominations, I changed my mind couple of times and I can't believe we can't nominate the same game in two categories. I guess valve was afraid of all positions being Stardew Valley, so now it'll be robbed, robbed I say.

Tagyhag

anyone knows where ice pick lodge's the void went?

i was gonna nominate it :/

Apparently it was pulled off on January of this year due to legal problems. You can't even vote for it if it's on your library since you need the store page.

Najaf

Dang it. I've been waiting forever for Divinity OS to hit sub $10 on steam. The damn enhanced edition keeping the price inflated...

I should have picked it up before the enhanced edition hit. Hell I think it may have been in a humble bundle. Guess we're waiting for Winter sale?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
And to continue the shill, for people that aren't interested in the multiplayer mechanics:

Some of the DLC adds new skill trees that are only accessible if you have the DLC. For example, there is a "guild" skill tree for the Thieve's Guild, and there is also a Ledgermain skill tree that is unlocked as part of the Thieve's Guild storyline. These are (in my opinion) both great, as it lets you unlock passive bonuses such as the ability to pickpocket better, or for your bounty to go down faster. The Dark Brotherhood DLC gives you an active skill that lets you sneak up on people and instant KO them which is extremely handy. It also has a passive skill tree to help you kill folks better.

And in addition to the story content each of these provides, there are repeatable quests that can be done daily for extra gold / items / glory /etc. The DLC is definitely worth getting.

I really want to play it, since I enjoyed the free weekened. But I'm not sure what the main quest is. That's about the only reason I want to play it: Go through and do the main quest while having MMO-esque many people running around me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom