• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Apparently it was pulled off on January of this year due to legal problems. You can't even vote for it if it's on your library since you need the store page.
So was I, but I think a publisher dispute was the cause of it coming down from Steam
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/icepicklodge#announcements/detail/89307907203453161
thanks for the info, that's a bummer, that game always needs more eyes on it

i gave its vote nomination to undertale so at least someone good got it

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
also ESO has Lyris who is a real man's waifu, and Cadwell who is a bro.

and
Abnur Tharn
, who is also a bro. An
evil
bro, but still bro.

Nibiru

Banned
This is true. I attempted to play the game a few months ago after getting off a 16 hour shift at work and was just looking to relax. Servers were down, couldn't log in to play the single-player campaign. Deleted the game out of frustration, haven't reinstalled since.

Oh man this pains me because I really want the game.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man this pains me because I really want the game.

And I will say again that I have had the opposite experience. Never an issue with servers and played it just fine every time I've tried to play. /shrug

Hitman is probably my game of the year, although I need to play a few more rounds of Civ 6 to be sure, but both are up there. It's that good.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Just found out that steam exposes your full email address when you gift a game to someone. It's "just" my email address but I want to decide who gets to know my full name...

Most of you probably already knew this but I'm kinda shocked at how Steam treats my personal information :/

Can the DualShock 4 be used in Bluetooth mode without the need to be hooked with an USB Cable with Steam? I just read in the latest Steam patch that now it supports Vibration with DS4 and Bluetooth lights.

Majukun

this sale i want everything and nothing at the same time...there are several games i'm interested in but none at a low enough price to justify the fact that i'll probably never play them beause of all the games i still have yet to finish

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Can the DualShock 4 be used in Bluetooth mode without the need to be hooked with an USB Cable with Steam? I just read in the latest Steam patch that now it supports Vibration with DS4 and Bluetooth lights.

Yeah, just pair it via bluetooth. PS button + Share.

Majukun

This is true. I attempted to play the game a few months ago after getting off a 16 hour shift at work and was just looking to relax. Servers were down, couldn't log in to play the single-player campaign. Deleted the game out of frustration, haven't reinstalled since.

same here,got the game but never played it after the first day because the game kept kicking me out of my single player session because the servers were down or some shit

It's time to finally pick up Shardlight. Finally!

And speaking of Wadjet Eye, pretty much their entire catalogue of adventure games are 80% off. (Excluding Shardlight and a few others.) Highly recommend them all--great stuff.

Yeah, just pair it via bluetooth. PS button + Share.

Nice thanks. I didn't know you need to use share button for that. Does the lights correspond to the game changes programmed in the PS4 versions of the same games on Steam? Waht about the motion controls? Is there any walkthrough for how to use the DualShock 4 on Steam?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
44fQ2BI.png

Perfect time for Bad Rats Show to be on sale.

Let's face it, we're voting 8 of our Steam Favorites in this list (or at least, I did).

Felt good to go thru and not only buy some stuff SOOPAH cheap, but also get rid of some EA stuff that had shit the bed from my list either from bad updates or none at all.

Congratulations. You are an unpaid think tank for the valve corp. Sue them!

"Get in line" you know? heh

Regginator

€29,99 for GTA V on Steam, or €22,79 on GamesPlanet... which one should I pick? Obviously the lower the better, but all sites except Steam sell a Rockstar Social key. I'd prefer having it on Steam, but to pay a €7 premium for it... Are there any reasons to choose Steam above other stores? Can I still play online with Steam players?

Just Cause 3 and Fallout 4 are on their all time low, right?

My main target, Dark Souls III is only 35% off. Other than that, I'm eyeing I am Setsuna but it's 33% off still. XCOM 2 is tempting, especially since it has a gamepad support now. Well, I guess I'll wait for the Winter sale. :/

Just found out that steam exposes your full email address when you gift a game to someone. It's "just" my email address but I want to decide who gets to know my full name...

Most of you probably already knew this but I'm kinda shocked at how Steam treats my personal information :/

We're talking about the same company that left people's personal data open to random members of the public for hours, and then didn't say anything about it and also didn't acknowledge that certain bits of info could be seen like phone numbers and full addresses.

At least they apologized for the issue in general, contacted the specific people who they believe were affected, and posted a pretty lengthy explanation for what happened. But it took days for that to happen.

Wok

€29,99 for GTA V on Steam, or €22,79 on GamesPlanet... which one should I pick? Obviously the lower the better, but all sites except Steam sell a Rockstar Social key. I'd prefer having it on Steam, but to pay a €7 premium for it... Are there any reasons to choose Steam above other stores? Can I still play online with Steam players?

I read various things about GTA online. I am not convinced that you should buy the game mainly for the online features. That being said, I think Steam is just really practical to download games, you should not be penalized if you opt for the cheaper version. Not sure what I would do.

We're talking about the same company that left people's personal data open to random members of the public for hours, and then didn't say anything about it and also didn't acknowledge that certain bits of info could be seen like phone numbers and full addresses.

At least they apologized for the issue in general, contacted the specific people who they believe were affected, and posted a pretty lengthy explanation for what happened. But it took days for that to happen.

Worse, it didn't take them days, it took them months.
The leak happened on the 25th of December, 2015, and I got an email about them leaking my account information on the 3rd of March, 2016.

abracadaver

You don't have to deal with the Rockstar client and you get Steam achievements

Regginator

I read various things about GTA online. I am not convinced that you should buy the game mainly for the online features. That being said, I think Steam is just really practical to download games, you should not be penalized if you opt for the cheaper version. Not sure what I would do.

I wouldn't be playing much online anyway, but if would play it from time to time, not being able to play with Steam players would be disappointing.

You don't have to deal with the Rockstar client and you get Steam achievements

Honestly I don't care much about achievements, though not dealing with their client would be a tipping point. But unless Enhanced Steam is wrong, it says GTA 5 uses R*SC on Steam..

screenshot_12wqxo.png

Abhor

Here I am still waiting for a steeper sale on The Witcher 3 DLC / a sale on the season pass.

Cause I bought the base game on sale a month or two before GOTY edition came out, and haven't really played it yet beyond a few hours.

Meeeeh

Was also hoping for a Total War: Warhammer sale. Guess our planned co-op campaign is going to have to wait.

Only seven items on my wishlist. Two are 75% off, but one of those is Arkham Origins and I never end up biting on that one. The second is Shadowrun Hong Kong, I might go for it.

Zesty Tales is 66% off. Worth?

Trails in the Sky SC is 35% off. Part of me wants to, the other part wants to replay FC to get those final points (I missed something in the friggin' prologue apparently.)

Phantom Brave is 25% off. Part of me wants to, the other part wants to wait for a deeper discount.

Contradiction is yet again undiscounted. Cmon, people, even Cladun X2 cracked.

And Bookworm Adventures 2 isn't even offered for sale anymore. I just keep it in my wishlist for posterity.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member

Rings a bell...

Just changed my Steam email address to a neutral one.

Pheace

For anyone looking for a good cheap game I'm going to recommend one of my favorites:
Space Rangers HD: A War Apart -75% $3,74
Space adventure, open world RPG, strategy, arcade, quest and more!
Recent:Overwhelmingly Positive (130 reviews)
Overall: Very Positive (1,773 reviews)

It's extremely hard to describe this game and the trailer doesn't make it very clear either probably but it's absolutely magnificent at what it does. (pasting part of a review that seemed to give a decent summary)

This game is an amalgam of Ur-Quan Masters, text adventure games, space sims and RTS. The main game is a space sim: you're taking control of a space ship in a semi-turn-based 2D space environment. You can fight, trade, hire companions and do various tasks like patrolling sectors or delivering valuable goods. You can also enter black holes, which changes the game to an Ur-Quan-esque arcade shooter. Sometimes the quests you get on planets or stations are text adventures or RTS missions of varying difficulty. Some are balls-bustingly hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom