• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kept my custom award more traditional compared to everyone else it seems.
High five on your test of time o/
7cO6KUC.png

This would be my first Steam Sale binge but I am trying to exercise self control - am I missing any classics or should I swap some games out, would actually appreciate input.

eNmOhSu.png

gngf123

This would be my first Steam Sale binge but I am trying to exercise self control - am I missing any classics or should I swap some games out, would actually appreciate input.

eNmOhSu.png

You should get Dragons Dogma from Humble Monthly instead. About the same price and you get 5 other games.

kevin1025

Banned

eNmOhSu.png

You have some awesome games on that list, some highly addictive ones. As a few others before me have said, go for the Humble Monthly for Dragon's Dogma, since you get a few extra games with it! But as for the rest of the list, you'll be good to go!

should i pick up Mirrors Edge or Dragon Age GOTY edition? i haven't played ME but i have the standard edition of DA but not the DLC.. is it worth re-buying it again just for the DLC?

asking it here because more eyes are around.

At how many games in my backlog should I hold off on buying more before I finish some games? Between Steam and GOG, I probably have 30 untouched games...

Majukun

how "stealthy" is MGS V?
i heard good things about that game,but i'm really not into stealth games..the only one i managed to like was deus ex human revolution and that's because it was very light in that department, didn't even like the first MGS because of my allergy to stealth games.
would i enjoy mgs V?can it be played more like an action game?

Ozium

wary of making any large purchases like white march expansion since I won't play them before winter sale, and buying things in winter sale gets me sweet sweet holiday cards

how "stealthy" is MGS V?
i heard good things about that game,but i'm really not into stealth games..the only one i managed to like was deus ex human revolution and that's because it was very light in that department, didn't even like the first MGS because of my allergy to stealth games.

MGSV is the least stealth based MGS game and everyone who tells you it is a great game will tell you because of its shooting mechanics.. in fact, being stealthy often gives you a lower rank than being fast and furious

JCG

how "stealthy" is MGS V?

It's as much or as little of a stealth game as you want to make it. For the most part, you can absolutely play without giving much detailed attention to the stealth mechanics and still have a good time. They make things easier, but they're not obligatory (generally speaking).

Robaperas

I bought Wolfenstein TNO, and it runs like ass just like it did last year with my far crappier PC... dual-wielding looked pretty cool even at 20fps.

how "stealthy" is MGS V?

Stealth is never really forced on you. You can play any way you want.

iosefe

alriht, here's my current list.

For test of time, i almost went with Dark Forces 2, one of my earliest PC games, but KotOR 2 is just something else, and it's fantastic

Life is strange is an interesting thing, as i don't know if i selected the right thing for it to count.

recently got into GTAV and damn is it fun. i would have put overwatch there if it were on steam though, as it's so pick up and play.

Portal 2 speaks for itself. poor thing.

Tabletop simulator is cheating, but i don't care.

i bought Kerbal Space program early one, back when it was still 15 bucks new and not on steam. so good.

Best use of farm animal of course goes to Mount your friends. that goat has seen many things

and of course, for Best Dragon Hunting Simulator, i had to choose Dragon's Dogma. fantastic game, solid gameplay, great music as well. just an overall great experience to me.

Corpekata

Banned
Stealth is never really forced on you. You can play any way you want.

Ehh, to an extent. There's more a few missions that would be tough to go guns blazing on, as well as so many of the optional things essentially requiring stealth.

It's like Deus Ex and Dishonored. Yeah, you can go in all kill crazy and offensive but you're still generally speaking somewhat squishy and going to take a lot of heat until you get good and upgrade a lot. The action mechanics for the most part are all based in a stealth box overall, especially toward the beginning.

Mine01

Sup guys, got rocket league and already have overwatch and battlerite, but im craving a good shooter, any recomendation??

PaulSane

For anyone looking for a good cheap game I'm going to recommend one of my favorites:
Space Rangers HD: A War Apart -75% $3,74
Space adventure, open world RPG, strategy, arcade, quest and more!
Recent:Overwhelmingly Positive (130 reviews)
Overall: Very Positive (1,773 reviews)

I second this, one of my all-time favourite games. I may be a bit biased here, since it's a russian game, but it was definitely one of my most memorable gaming experiences in my 20+ years of gaming.

Unfortunately, some of this game's charm was lost in translation - since this game was primarily aimed at russian audience, a lot of "text quests" were pretty hard to adapt to english speakers.

Even though this game is basically four different games in one, it doesn't feel like that's the case. Maybe the RTS part feels just a little out of place though :)

It also aged surprisingly well visually and mechanically, it has a very clean and intuitive interface, and it also supports a variety of resolution options. Once again, the RTS part, being the only part of the game done in 3D, looks a bit dated - all the other parts are 2D, and those tend to age better.

It is one of the rare examples of games where developers had a lot of ambitious ideas, and those ideas worked in the end. Highly recommended :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom