• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally going to dive into the new Batman game now that I have a new video card.

Is the season pass worth it? It's only a few dollars more but I only am interested in any additional content... skins, etc are not what I'm looking for.

WillyFive

Finally going to dive into the new Batman game now that I have a new video card.

Is the season pass worth it? It's only a few dollars more but I only am interested in any additional content... skins, etc are not what I'm looking for.

There is no scenario where I'd buy Batman without the pass, but I do it for the skins so you may feel differently.

So are we going to have another winter sale in less than a month? If so, will there be more discount later or it won't be much a difference? I have some games are currently 50% discounted but I'm wondering will the discount increase to 66% or maybe 70%?

SSPssp

Be sure to look at Walmart's website tonight at 12AM EST when their online sale starts. The PC version of TF2 is listed as part of that $27 promotion, so you might just be in luck and not have to brave the Walmart crowds after all.

Thanks, hope I'm able to snag one tonight!

denx

So are we going to have another winter sale in less than a month? If so, will there be more discount later or it won't be much a difference? I have some games are currently 50% discounted but I'm wondering will the discount increase to 66% or maybe 70%?

Yes there is going to be a Winter Sale in late December but about the second part: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Nobody really knows bro. My guess is that the discounts in the Winter Sale at least shouldn't be worse than those in this sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

If it's literally just a difference of a few dollars, then I'd say so, but otherwise the value proposition is poor. The two mini-campaigns offer less than five hours of gameplay combined, judging from HLTB and assuming a standard playthrough.

It's possible. Hold off on anything you're unlikely to complete in the interim.

kevin1025

Banned
And final haul, provided I can stop myself from spending more

Also bought HITMAN

Might double dip on Rise of the Tomb Raider and The Witcher, despite playing through both on console. Also looking at R6 Siege, but it might be too much for a casual like me.

Wow, you're set for a while, all awesome picks! Siege definitely looks like it'd have a barrier to entry, but it really doesn't. I'm not great at it but still have a great time every time I fire it up.

Sch1sm

Man, Telltale Batman is cheaper on both Live and PSN. That's some certified weaksauce.

Wanting to buy Telltale anything at above a tenner, and even that's pushing it, is generally a mistake, anyway.

I figure it's cheaper there 'cause those services don't have sales as large as Steam does, as well, so this is there time. Gotta shine somewhere. There's a few cases of this, though. For example, Witcher 3 Complete costs a fair bit less on PSN currently.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cx-_UtXXgAE8M6C.jpg:large[/IMG

well if posting lists is not frowned upon[/QUOTE]
Good choice with La-Mulana. I was trying to figure out how to include it on my list, but I gave up on it. I forgot that it was an older game. Although that means I'd also have to consider Cave Story+, too. Kind of introduces even more problems, thinking about it.

Huh, the Nuuuvem deals here are better than Steam's, neat. You guys can still buy it from there right?
GTWAlqE.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Good choice with La-Mulana. I was trying to figure out how to include it on my list, but I gave up on it. I forgot that it was an older game. Although that means I'd also have to consider Cave Story+, too. Kind of introduces even more problems, thinking about it.

nobody gets my joke ;_;

but yea la mulana is great

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Huh, the Nuuuvem deals here are better than Steam's, neat. You guys can still buy it from there right?

Depends on the title. Some are available worldwide, others only with a South American IP, and select titles are limited to Brazil exclusively and require a BR-based payment method.

Edit: Oh, that's right, Nuuvem started selling in USD semi-recently.

yuraya

Everyone make sure to buy KOTOR II. Its only 2.50$. The game was patched last year with controller support and achievements. Along with a bunch of other things like higher res and mod support. The first KOTOR game is also 2.50$ but setting that game up to run in higher res, widescreen etc is a big hassle and tedious. Worth it ofc since its an all time great game. Both games are amazing and worth every penny. Especially if you like Bioware/Obsidian.

SlickVic

Wanting to buy Telltale anything at above a tenner, and even that's pushing it, is generally a mistake, anyway.

I figure it's cheaper there 'cause those services don't have sales as large as Steam does, as well, so this is there time. Gotta shine somewhere. There's a few cases of this, though. For example, Witcher 3 Complete costs a fair bit less on PSN currently.

Disagree. Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us were well worth the $12-$15 I spent on them. With Tales I wouldn't have minded spending up to $20 on that. Probably my favorite game out of them.

PSN and Live sales have also gotten much bigger over the years, especially the holiday ones. I figure Steam will have it lower during the holiday sale.

Sch1sm

Disagree. Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us were well worth the $12-$15 I spent on them. With Tales I wouldn't have minded spending up to $20 on that. Probably my favorite game out of them.

PSN and Live sales have also gotten much bigger over the years, especially the holiday ones. I figure Steam will have it lower during the holiday sale.

I said generally. I agree that both were good games (in fact, my favourite of the bunch!), but if we're looking at Telltale as an overall in terms of their episodic titles, the bad and janky outweighs the good by far.

---

Been rounding up my games as is. Like 10 puzzlers and a whole lot of nothing else. Debating HoI IV*, but its reviews and complaints about the AI have me being skeptical. Maybe EU IV Collection? I dunno. Itching for a strategy, but Endless Legend + expansions was cheaper than this even last month, so I'm not gonna pick it up at the current price.

*If anyone who has played it has thoughts they'd like to share, I'd love it. Games been out a bit now, sure someone's got a thorough opinion.

Davey Cakes

Everyone make sure to buy KOTOR II. Its only 2.50$. The game was patched last year with controller support and achievements. Along with a bunch of other things like higher res and mod support. The first KOTOR game is also 2.50$ but setting that game up to run in higher res, widescreen etc is a big hassle and tedious. Worth it ofc since its an all time great game. Both games are amazing and worth every penny. Especially if you like Bioware/Obsidian.
I still need to get around to KOTOR II. I've had it since the Humble Jedi Knight Bundle.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Holy shit Deus Ex is straight up killing my PC

What settings should I dial down for mostly locked 60fps at 1080p? I'm on a 1070 and 4790k. I'd imagine MSAA is a good starting point.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I really wish I am Setsuna had a deeper discount, I want to play it but $30 is a little to steep. Looks like I'am passing on this sale, I have to many unplayed games as it is.

I'm disappointed it's not got a bigger discount too, and this coming from someone that pre-ordered it and played it on release and genuinely enjoyed it. But it's difficult to recommend at that price point. $20 would have been a great price point, though obviously the lower the better.

When it finally does get into the $15-$20 range, I could wholeheartedly recommend it to people who have even a passive interest in JRPGs. Until then, probably best to keep waiting.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Dang, it's annoying how there's:

Elder Scrolls Online Gold

and

ESO DLC 5.

I have the OG ESO without the 4 DLCs. So to buy the DLCs, I need to get the Gold Edition? Lame. :/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is your reminder that these games are $0.50 each and well worth buying:

It's hard to go wrong for $0.50. They take about 5-6 hours to complete on average, and they're all surprisingly well done.

Dang, it's annoying how there's:

Elder Scrolls Online Gold

and

ESO DLC 5.

I have the OG ESO without the 4 DLCs. So to buy the DLCs, I need to get the Gold Edition? Lame. :/

The in-game "crown store" has the "Guilds and Glory" pack that is just the 4 DLC that is included in the gold edition. It costs 5500 crowns, which is currently $23.99 on Steam.

Kudo

Any chance that Dark Souls 3 gets lower in price?

Cuz its sitting at ¥4864 with 35% off.

Bite or wait?

Think I paid less than that for the game+season pass, check CDKeys. Game was 29$ and season pass 14$ when I got them, could be region locked for Japan though.

Duress

Here's what I'm considering so far

Disgaea
Dark Souls II
Axiom Verge
Doom
Divinity Original Sins
Hot Line Miami 2
Borderlands The Pre-sequel
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Undertale

Hot Line Miami 2 is a steal of course

Defuser

I'm tempted to get fallout 4 since its on 60% discount, should I buy or wait till Christmas sale/black friday for even cheaper discount?

Teeth

I'm tempted to get fallout 4 since its on 60% discount, should I buy or wait till Christmas sale/black friday for even cheaper discount?

The odds of it going lower at the Christmas sale are very slim.

It's cheaper at Green Man Gaming with the extra 10% off code (~$17 if you're in the US).

If you're in the UK (or don't mind the exchange rate), it's even less at Games Planet UK (13 pounds or ~16.50 USD): https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/fallout-4-steam-key--2838-1?ref=itad

J_Viper

Wow, you're set for a while, all awesome picks! Siege definitely looks like it'd have a barrier to entry, but it really doesn't. I'm not great at it but still have a great time every time I fire it up.

Thanks!

I was about to buy R6, when I remembered I had ordered The Division from Amazon, so that should be a solid/podcast game to rotate with Overwatch.

Hopefully it'll be 20 bucks by winter!

1337Sauce

Looking in to getting the Homeworld Collection, but would primarily be interested in the game for the story.

Is it worth playing through for this reason alone? Or is there another strategy space game along similar lines that is worth playing for the story? Open to any recommendations if Homeworld does not quite fit what I am looking for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom