• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

How is Just Cause 3 now on PC? Been wanting it since it came out but skipped it due to all the negative feedback it was getting.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How is Just Cause 3 now on PC? Been wanting it since it came out but skipped it due to all the negative feedback it was getting.

It ran fine for me, but you definitely need at least 12GB RAM and 4GB VRAM (8GB RAM just isn't enough for prolonged sessions), and ideally also an Intel quad-core with HyperThreading and an SSD large enough to house the game.

Fou-Lu

My cart right now:
uVyWc8E.png

Definitely don't want to spend that much, but can't even decide which games I really want.

I enjoyed it and had no problems running on a 970, quad core cpu and 16GB RAM. It is repetitive and runs into the same problem as NMS had where there are only a few assets so all the buildings you blow up look the same and there are hundreds or thousands of them. Still, it is fun to fly around blowing stuff up.

gngf123

My cart right now:
uVyWc8E.png

Definitely don't want to spend that much, but can't even decide which games I really want.

Both Doom and Phantom Brave should be cheaper elsewhere.

Phantom Brave from BundleStars, and use BLACKFRIDAY11
Doom from GameBillet, and use GBITADUK20

mikemandey

So one more question... My sister is not much of a gamer, but she's actually enjoying some indie games that have a good story but simple gameplay like To The Moon or Valiant Hearts

Any recommendations for her?

Fou-Lu

most or all of those will be just as discounted a month from now so why not just buy the ones you're intending to play before then

True enough. In that case maybe I shouldn't buy anything until the Holiday sale as I still have World of FF, FFXV and Pokemon Moon to finish and I have finals coming up.

The combat evolves, you can switch up your character class for little cost once you get past a few story missions (but don't rush the story quests, there's a lot to do even in your small starting village and the experience will definitely help) to keep things fresh too. You're fighting a large variety of enemies along the way and seeing new monsters can replace some of the wonder of finding a new area. You generally want to avoid wandering off too far from a quest objective because the enemies can get incredibly difficult and there's no scaling to your level. There's always the option to run though, especially if you don't care about your pawns.

the exploration is there, from the very start of the game. The world is full of loot (and you'll maybe find yourself searching the same spots because many chests have a % chance to have a specific treasure)
Also, no, the combat doesn't get old and you can change class whenever you want to try different styles.

Thanks, guys, I'll buy it!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
If anyone's looking at Grim Dawn, it's in the Humble Bundle for 1 dollar less, plus you get a bunch of other games with it like Legend of Grimrock 2 and The Secret World :D

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319165&page=28.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Heavy Metal Machines Closed Beta -- MB-A39DFAAC99853B2C - Taken by dimmer

This will probably give you the full game when it will release.

Moltenix

Does DOOM have good replayability or is it more of a "one and done" experience?

Debating if I should go steam version or get console version and re-sell when i'm done.

Uzzy

So one more question... My sister is not much of a gamer, but she's actually enjoying some indie games that have a good story but simple gameplay like To The Moon or Valiant Hearts

Life is Strange. It came second in the highly prestigious and sought after SteamGAF awards for a good reason.

MadmanUK

Does DOOM have good replayability or is it more of a "one and done" experience?

Debating if I should go steam version or get console version and re-sell when i'm done.

I completed it on PS4 and then double-dipped when I upgraded to a 1070. Definitely worth going through multiple times as there's tons packed in each level.

fantomena

Alright. Picked up these:

Mother Russia Bleeds
Megadimension Neptunia VII
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
The Turing Test
RymdResa
CAPSLOCKDAY Bundle: Words for Evil. Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey Remastered, Epistory - Typing Chronicles, Typefighters
STEINS;GATE
Beholder
Rambo

Cronen

Can anyone comment on whether Dead Rising 2 works with wired 360 controllers? There are reviews and comments on the game's forum suggest that it has problems?

If so, if I have only played DR1, which is better: DR2, or OTR?

Tizoc

Forever locked on GFWL I'm afraid.
You can still play it without the client by downloading xlive.dll (check out the PC gaming wiki), otherwise you might want to wait for the remaster coming next year.
ya i is releasing next year ao better wait for that

Tizoc

Tales from borderlands and kathy rain are worth getting too
Tales from blands can be played with 0 knowledge of the blands series and it was a goty 2015 title for me
There are also king's quest 2015 and contradiction

Soran

Sorry to bother. There is this game who was made by a french studio and was on Kickstarter, it was an RPG with some furry characters and the style used was toon-shading. I can't remember the name of the game but I remember seeing in the store as an upcoming game a couple of months ago. I want to see if is on sale but like I said I can't remember the name so any help?

h#shdem0n

Steam is making me manually verify everything I want to put up on the marketplace by clicking a link sent to my email. This is making flipping my cards considerably more time consuming. Anything I can do to avoid this extra step?

Sorry to bother. There is this game who was made by a french studio and was on Kickstarter, it was an RPG with some furry characters and the style used was toon-shading. I can't remember the name of the game but I remember seeing in the store as an upcoming game a couple of months ago. I want to see if is on sale but like I said I can't remember the name so any help?

Shiness?

If that's the case, it's not out yet.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366640/

rpmboy

Steam is making me manually verify everything I want to put up on the marketplace by clicking a link sent to my email. This is making flipping my cards considerably more time consuming. Anything I can do to avoid this extra step?

You can use the steam app for verification, still makes you confirm your listings but you can confirm multiple listings at the same time

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
If its on sale I highly recommend Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

Playing through it, and loving it.

inner-G

Banned
Grabbed

Dawn of Discovery Gold
Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Naruto 4
Morrowind GOTY
Oblivion GOTY

And bought my friend Shadow of Mordor for his new GPU (he's a LOTR fan)

Kind of want DOOM but I don't do well at really fast shooters and prefer a controller. I wish COD4 HD was sold separately, buying the old version seems dumb now

Can anyone recommend a good racing game? Doesnt have to be realistic but it should be with normal vehicles (no futuristic stuff)
Project CARS on Steam or Forza Horizon 3 on w10 store

Grief.exe

Good sale, $45.95 got me:

Wolfenstein: The New Order
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Singularity
Bulletstorm
Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate
Costume Quest 2
The Walking Dead (Season 2)
Tales from the Borderlands
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered

Bulletstorm is getting a remaster next year! Wait to play that one, especially since you have to jump through hoops with GFWL.

Perfect recommendation.

derFeef

Can anyone recommend a good racing game? Doesnt have to be realistic but it should be with normal vehicles (no futuristic stuff)

Dirt Rally seems to be good, also Project Cars but look out for Forza Horizon 3 sales currently. It's terrific and if you can get past the UWP and W10 stuff you are going to have a great time.

Despite all the games I already have to play I still picked up:

Season pack fallout 4
Just cause 3 complete
Rebel Galaxy

I am weak, don't know when I will have the time to play the games I already have.

Good sale, $45.95 got me:

Wolfenstein: The New Order
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Singularity
Bulletstorm
Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate
Costume Quest 2
The Walking Dead (Season 2)
Tales from the Borderlands
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered

Is it still worth picking Bulletstorm up given the remake next year? It's supposed to be a pain getting it to play nice with GFWL, isn't it?

Grief.exe

Is it still worth picking Bulletstorm up given the remake next year? It's supposed to be a pain getting it to play nice with GFWL, isn't it?

If you're a collector, there is a good chance they will remove the app when the Remaster releases.

Though, I don't know how the publishing situation is going to work out.

Thanks for the heads up on Bulletstorm.

I guess I'll wait for the remaster, or I'll scoop this up and hope for an upgrade option. It's one of those games I just haven't ever gotten around to. I used to say "I'm embarrassed to say" about games I haven't played yet but the list has grown exponentially in the past 2 years, so now it just is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom