• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Picked up salt and sanctuary finally. $13 was a good price. I'm loving it so far. Lots of fun.

Trying to only buy games I'd actually play between now and Xmas.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I think I'm going to get Hitman ep 1 from Steam and GTAV from GMG since I have 8€ in credit... Although not being able to activate on Steam sucks a big ahah

Is Rockstar Social Club much of a pain by itself?

Tizoc

Can anyone recommend a good racing game? Doesnt have to be realistic but it should be with normal vehicles (no futuristic stuff)
Sonic all stars racing transformed if u dont mind arcadey kart racing
Gp riptide if u like jetski racing
Nfs hot pursuit 2010
Trackmania turbo
The crew might be free again on uplay in a few weeks' time but is othetwise a neat outrun experience

Off the top of my head

Annubis

Hm, Hatoful BF pack is 0,73€ for me but store doesn't let me buy it. :/

Seems to be because one (or more) of the items is discounted over 100%

Seems to be a stacking between the loyalty discount + bundle discount + sale discount creating the issue.

cress2000

8d982edcc671c7b52a491938b9b6523d.png

Why does this screen lie to me?

Angelina

Banned
Sonic all stars racing transformed if u dont mind arcadey kart racing
Gp riptide if u like jetski racing
Nfs hot pursuit 2010
Trackmania turbo
The crew might be free again on uplay in a few weeks' time but is othetwise a neat outrun experience

Off the top of my head

Redout id awesome mention too

data

Is there any way to completely remove Life is Strange from my account? I'm family sharing with my gf and she has all the DLC, but I can't play it because it keeps giving me the free version without any of her DLC. I tried removing it from my keys and purchases by clicking remove and the steam support thing keeps giving me errors. I can see it in her library but when I click install it goes to my library and doesn't install any DLC. :/

Is there any way to completely remove Life is Strange from my account? I'm family sharing with my gf and she has all the DLC, but I can't play it because it keeps giving me the free version without any of her DLC. I tried removing it from my keys and purchases by clicking remove and the steam support thing keeps giving me errors. I can see it in her library but when I click install it goes to my library and doesn't install any DLC. :/

Afaik some apps dont allow that the DLC is also shared.

That Shadow of Mordor Bundle on Bundle Stars looked yummy (7 USD for the bundle). Unfortunately I had to workd and now the offer is gone. Nooo~!

Is giving away a game on ModBot using only mobile in a sale thread on Thanksgiving in a busy room of tertiary family after an amount of Bloody Marys as big of a pain in the ass as it seems?

Sch1sm

Is giving away a game on ModBot using only mobile in a sale thread on Thanksgiving in a busy room of tertiary family after an amount of Bloody Marys as big of a pain in the ass as it seems?

Remember to point ModBot to this thread using the THREAD threadurl bit when registering the giveaway.
Yes.💀

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

yes

Borderlands 2 and Portal 2 get.

Will probably succumb and buy a ton more games. :(

EDIT: Just saw that ARMA III is $19.99. Is it worth it just for the Breaking Point mod?

Knights of Pen & Paper II
Grow Up
Guacamelee Super Turbo

Seems like that'll be it for me. I want Jackbox 3 but it's not a big priority. I may bite on The Division as well since I really only want to play the 1-30 stuff, endgame's not a big deal for me on that one.

Jeff6851

Bought Witcher 3 and I'm considering either Doom, Dark Souls 2 or Dragon's Dogma. Keeping in mind I'm planning to buy Killing Floor 2 for $30 tomorrow. Still working min wage so I don't know if I want to buy anything else.

Any ideas?

Bought Witcher 3 and I'm considering either Doom, Dark Souls 2 or Dragon's Dogma. Keeping in mind I'm planning to buy Killing Floor 2 for $30 tomorrow. Still working min wage so I don't know if I want to buy anything else.

Any ideas?

Dragon's Dogma still available in Humble Monthly for $12, plus other games.

Kudo

Space Hulk Deathwing Closed Beta is online, just letting people here know. You get access if you pre-order it.

Pheace

Man I'm loving the In-home streaming feature. I had quit my game and had been browsing for half an hour already till i finally noticed I was actually browsing on my main computer which was still being streamed.

Not sure using the link will feel like a proper replacement, though at least it'll free up my secondary computer. The Steam controller will be a nice addition at least. I'm managing to use keyboard and mouse in bed but it's not the most comfortable setup :p

Any ideas?

The Wither 3 will give you hours and hours of playtime, so if you want to save some money I'd hold off on other purchases until the Winter Sale. If you want to get one of those listed games, I'd recommend DOOM. The other 2 are good, but still in the fantasy genre. DOOM will be different and refreshing if you want to take a break from The Witcher 3.

gngf123

Any ideas?

Grab Dragons Dogma from Humble Monthly to get another 5 games.

Jeff6851

The Wither 3 will give you hours and hours of playtime, so if you want to save some money I'd hold off on other purchases until the Winter Sale. If you want to get one of those listed games, I'd recommend DOOM. The other 2 are good, but still in the fantasy genre. DOOM will be different and refreshing if you want to take a break from The Witcher 3.

Yeah, I'll probably just wait. I'm playing Dark Souls right now anyway so I don't want to get too burnt out on fantasy.

Volimar

The Witcher 3 is $19.99.

Since I have Witcher 2, the trilogy bundle is $19.33.

It'd actually be cheaper to buy the bundle and get the first Witcher than to buy Witcher 3 alone.

None of it matters cuz I only have $5.75 on my card, but I thought it was funny.

Ludens

Banned
There's this situation in which two games from my wish are 75% off (Just Cause 3 and Shadwen), but I thik I'll just pass because:
-I never played a JC game, I had two, played 30 minutes, got bored, uninstalled
-JC3 is a SE game, so it means it will get bundled soon or dirty cheap anyway
-Shadwen's price dropped like a stone too in no time, reviews are mixed and it doesn't seem too good, plus it's a Frozenbyte game, so it will get bundled soon too
-I have not so much time to play, next week is FFXV so probably for some months' I'll play that.

Is there anything strange going on during this sale? Like some ARG or something?

Dont think so. Maybe just in a few days reddit finds out that Valve is teasing us with the images again and some hidden meanings in the images.

There's this situation in which two games from my wish are 75% off (Just Cause 3 and Shadwen), but I thik I'll just pass because:
-I never played a JC game, I had two, played 30 minutes, got bored, uninstalled
-JC3 is a SE game, so it means it will get bundled soon or dirty cheap anyway
-Shadwen's price dropped like a stone too in no time, reviews are mixed and it doesn't seem too good, plus it's a Frozenbyte game, so it will get bundled soon too
-I have not so much time to play, next week is FFXV so probably for some months' I'll play that.

JC3 is an "online" game. Like everything is recorded, compared to your friends on Steam, it loads the highscores of your friends and it totally feels like its designed with online. Thats what Jim Sterlings source also said.

City 17

So far I've got Hitman, The Witness, Black Mesa and Dark Souls 2 SotFS.
And I think that's it for Autumn sale.

So how's the multiplayer in Souls 2 rel. to Souls 1?

hohoXD123

Have £30 to waste. What do I buy gaf?

So one more question... My sister is not much of a gamer, but she's actually enjoying some indie games that have a good story but simple gameplay like To The Moon or Valiant Hearts

Any recommendations for her?
If she liked To The Moon then A Bird Story, made by the same guy. Also +1 for brothers. Would also check out Life is Strange. Oh and Gone Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom