• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first steam summer sale buying games after building my own PC in June, even though my steam account has 3 years old and has 100+ games from only bundles.
Bought from my wishlist:
- Dishonored;
- Cities Skylines;
- Trochlight II.

Seemed like good/diverse choices for a semi-new PC gamer. I love FPS, but I've played so many that I'm going to try getting into new genres.

Tapejara

Wanted to pick up the God Mode 4-pack for my friends and I to mess around in, but because I already own the game I can't buy the bundle. The regular version isn't discounted or else I'd just buy three copies of that.

nelchaar

Ugh.. debating whether I should get Mass Effect 1 and 2 for $8.75 on steam or just play the trilogy I already own on PS3.. never played ME before.

Anno

My first steam summer sale buying games after building my own PC in June, even though my steam account has 3 years old and has 100+ games from only bundles.
Bought from my wishlist:

- Dishonored;

Seemed like good/diverse choices for a semi-new PC gamer. I love FPS, but I've played so many that I'm going to try getting into new genres.

That's where you should begin.

Fallout New Vegas is one of the best RPGs around. Get it. More then worth the money and at that price it's a steal.

Can't help with the Steam controller question though.

Thanks, already bought.

Fallout: New Vegas | The Blackwell Bundle | Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP | Primordia | Resonance | The Dream Machine: Chapter 1 & 2 | SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition | Fran Bow | Dropsy | Technobabylon | Spelunky | HunieCam Studio | Rusty Lake: Roots | 80 Days

Nice sale, thanks steamgaf, thanks gabe. happy thanksgiving.

Trojan

Ugh.. debating whether I should get Mass Effect 1 and 2 for $8.75 on steam or just play the trilogy I already own on PS3.. never played ME before.

If you are open to modding, no question you should buy the PC versions. You can get some texture mods that make the game look amazing, totally worth it.

yuraya

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22380/

3,29€

Can you play this game with a steam controller or better with mk?

Don't know about steam controller but I played the game just fine with a 360 pad and M/KB for 2 playthroughs. Its a great game btw.

GAF, any quick thoughts on SOMA?

Great story and atmosphere. If you want in depth gameplay, don't bother, but the game is well worth playing for the story and the environments.

The PS3 versions of ME1 and ME2 run well, but ME3 runs like trash on PS3. And I'm not one to be too picky on performance. We're talking constant drops into the teens.

You'll want to play the whole series on the same platform if possible, so I recommend PC because of this.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Just get Origin Access and play through the entire trilogy in a month or two.

Don't know about steam controller but I played the game just fine with a 360 pad and M/KB for 2 playthroughs. Its a great game btw.

Sounds good, i will check it with the steam controller. I liked Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3, so i think this is a sure shot.

Purkake4

Banned
Bought from my wishlist:
- Dishonored;
- Cities Skylines;
- Trochlight II.

Get Grim Dawn if you like Torchlight 2.

illusionary

50% off will do for me on DROD RPG, alongaside the Baldur's Gate Complete Saga from Bundle Stars. There's a bundle with Epistory that's vaguely tempting as well...

Khrae

Great story and atmosphere. If you want in depth gameplay, don't bother, but the game is well worth playing for the story and the environments.

The PS3 versions of ME1 and ME2 run well, but ME3 runs like trash on PS3. And I'm not one to be too picky on performance. We're talking constant drops into the teens.

You'll want to play the whole series on the same platform if possible, so I recommend PC because of this.

My only concern with this advice is the DLC pricing on PC - it is never discounted

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yo Dusk Golem, have you played Alicemare yet?

I played some of the freeware version, but this updated version has new content. However, it's a cult favorite of many people who playe the whole horror RPG Maker scene, though Alicemare is notably more narrative focused. Basically its strong point is its characters, it highly symbolic dark fairytale worlds, and it can be a bit of a "feels game" for some with how it develops. Has multiple endings that are worth getting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wabbajack sighting. There was a quest involving that with Sheagorath in Skyrim aswell right?

Tizoc

I played some of the freeware version, but this updated version has new content. However, it's a cult favorite of many people who playe the whole horror RPG Maker scene, though Alicemare is notably more narrative focused. Basically its strong point is its characters, it highly symbolic dark fairytale worlds, and it can be a bit of a "feels game" for some with how it develops. Has multiple endings that are worth getting.

And I'm sold. Thanks for the info DG.

Volimar

what? is that like a "its in every elder scrolls game" type thing? I only played Skyrim.

you dont have to be a dick about it

That's a pokemon. Wobbafett or something.

Every daedric prince has an artifact associated with them. It can change from game to game but yeah, wabbajack is Sheogorath's.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That's a pokemon. Wobbafett or something.

Every daedric prince has an artifact associated with them. It can change from game to game but yeah, wabbajack is Sheogorath's.

my bad, thought it was a "lol this motherfucker dont know his Elder Scrolls". And no pokemon were never my thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom