• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

For the most part, price mistakes on Steam occur when a sale discount is applied atop a pre-existing one. With Dailies now limited to regular programming, your best and more or less only bet for pricing errors during a sale period is to check the specials list before the sale kicks off, bookmark anything that interests you, and finally check the store page again once the sale discounts are in effect.

Ah I just meant in general. I forgot this wasn't in community where Steam OT is basically alt-pc gaming thread.

Nabs

My Steam Link is fucked. It won't find my computer anymore even while wired.

did you leave it alone and let it update to the latest beta? i just turned mine on and couldn't connect to the network, but then it restart a few times and it's back to normal.

KrisB

Bought Witcher 3 and I'm considering either Doom, Dark Souls 2 or Dragon's Dogma. Keeping in mind I'm planning to buy Killing Floor 2 for $30 tomorrow. Still working min wage so I don't know if I want to buy anything else.

Any ideas?

Doom! Amazing game.

kevin1025

Banned
Bought Witcher 3 and I'm considering either Doom, Dark Souls 2 or Dragon's Dogma. Keeping in mind I'm planning to buy Killing Floor 2 for $30 tomorrow. Still working min wage so I don't know if I want to buy anything else.

Any ideas?

Witcher 3 will keep you covered for a good long while on the third person RPG front, so I'd say balance it out with Killing Floor 2 as you mentioned, and Doom. Doom is a fantastic time.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
GAF, any quick thoughts on SOMA?

More plot driven than Amnesia. It sits somewhere between Amnesia and Machine for Pigs in that regard, but the plot is executed much better and it has actual gameplay elements too. Personally I feel it's a near perfect blend between story and gameplay.

It's also very thought provoking and the questions it raised have stuck with me ever since I played it. It's more on the existential horror side of things, if that's your jam :)

did you leave it alone and let it update to the latest beta? i just turned mine on and couldn't connect to the network, but then it restart a few times and it's back to normal.
I had to completely remove the ethernet cable that has worked since launch and connect to wifi. I am not sure if the ethernet will work after several reboots but it did update to the new beta.

Xliskin

Looking for a game to play before the release date of FF XV. Preferably one that can be finished in 10-15 hours...

DOOM

Is it worth it for single player alone? Not interested in the multiplayer at all..

Hyper Light drifter , this game easily my idie mage of the year

madjoki

Turns out there's 5% coupon too: REGISTER-5-OFF

I think only for first order.

I bought it full price and paid more than it costs now in taxes :(

ycpRTuK.png

denx

Aside from Life is Strange (which I bought) nothing is really grabbing my attention in this sale. I'm actually more tempted by the sale going on in Origin. What's the opinion on PvZ: Garden Warfare 2 and Mirror's Edge Catalyst?

A friend and I bought copies of Supreme Commander and Forged Alliance. I dunked on him so hard he ended up uninstalling it. :c RIP

Reinstall it with the Forged Alliance Forever mod/lobby, go online, and get demolished by people who haven't played any other game for the last 10 years, that should make you both feel better. With FaF and the community this game stands as one of the greatest RTS of all time IMO.

If you need incentive, watch Gyle narrate some matches :D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzY7MBSgNLZOMxMIFwtf2bw

Galdere

Neo Member
They'll very likely be revoked and refunded. A relatively small seller like that couldn't absorb the loss from this and 2K won't either.

yuraya

Aside from Life is Strange (which I bought) nothing is really grabbing my attention in this sale. I'm actually more tempted by the sale going on in Origin. What's the opinion on PvZ: Garden Warfare 2 and Mirror's Edge Catalyst?

You can sub for Origin access for one month (5$) and play them. They are both in the vault I believe.

Something I reallly really hate when it comes to seasonpasses/DLC.

Like Dark Souls 3 is 30%, Dark Souls 3+Seasonpass is 30%. Seasonpass alone and the DLC isnt discounted...

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319165.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turnover -- MB-6528387995F23D2B - Taken by dave is ok. 5 entrants total.

t1480046803z1.png

Games republic is slow as fuck, but still working and the price is still shown as 15,99

Might as well give it a shot, although the site seems a bit shady. Spelling mistakes always make me wary...

Something I reallly really hate when it comes to seasonpasses/DLC.

Like Dark Souls 3 is 30%, Dark Souls 3+Seasonpass is 30%. Seasonpass alone and the DLC isnt discounted...

Agreed times a thousand.

That's been the Witcher 3 for me. Has been for a while now and why I haven't picked up the DLC.

Such garbage practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom