• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admodieus

I was able to check out but when I go to "My Games" page on that website it just says Transaction in progress still. Maybe because I used Paypal. Hope I get a key.

Could anyone who is able to get through the log in stage buy me a second key? Would pay 20 bucks

Can't select a country to register. FFS I would know not having a social media account would bite me in the ass some day.

Piano

Banned
Picked up RE6. Installing it now

I'm prepared to finally face the most hated Resident Evil game.

Wish me luck SteamGAF

I went in knowing how flawed it was going to be and ended up enjoying it for what it was. What a fascinating mess of a game.

I've honestly had more fun reminiscing about RE4 than I ever had playing either RE5 or RE6. Dunno how I finished both of them...
Start with someone other than Leon's campaign or keep in mind his has the worst opener by far.

Yeah... playing through RE6 in chronological order is a scam, don't do it.

And also, if you're playing at 60fps be prepared for some nigh impossible QTEs at certain points in the game. The threshold for success scales up with framerate.

Easy_D

never left the stone age

Wish me luck SteamGAF

If you like third person action games with surprisingly deep systems you'll enjoy it, make sure to read a guide or watch a video that explains them though, because the game doesn't.

Also only use cover to quickly regain stamina so you can do more melee and quickshots. This'll make sense, I promise. Preferably, find someone to play it with, it has local co-op on PC as well :)

I've honestly had more fun reminiscing about RE4 than I ever had playing either RE5 or RE6. Dunno how I finished both of them...

Yeah... playing through RE6 in chronological order is a scam, don't do it.

And also, if you're playing at 60fps be prepared for some nigh impossible QTEs at certain points in the game. The threshold for success scales up with framerate.

PC version (and patched console versions) have lots of quality of life improvements, you can change the camera distance and make every QTE automatic so you don't have to worry about them at all.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Wish me luck SteamGAF

I don't get the hate. I loved it and had a great time with it.

TheContact

Is there any grinding in re6? I remember reloading some stage in re5 to farm money to buy guns and really liked doing that. Does re6 let you do anything like that?

Sch1sm

RE6 is good if you just stop comparing it to the first 4. It's its own game. It and RE5 get so much shit for little reason other than they're not RE0-4.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I dunno. I played RE6 pretty recently and my impression was that it would have been a lot more enjoyable if it had been leaner. The multiple campaigns felt like they spread the good ideas and good encounters out too much. There was a lot ambition without the polish to back it up, basically.

Didn't hate it, just wanted it to be better.

rtcn63

I dunno. I played RE6 pretty recently and my impression was that it would have been a lot more enjoyable if it had been leaner. The multiple campaigns felt like they spread the good ideas and good encounters out too much. There was a lot ambition without the polish to back it up, basically.

Didn't hate it, just wanted it to be better.

It would've been better served to have just been one campaign (plus Ada).

The inventory system was trash- you couldn't hotkey weapons, and were forced to carry everything with you, scrolling left to right in heated combat just to find the one you want. (Why first aid sprays were placed with bombs and grenades, I have no idea)

In fights where four characters are involved, bosses could be defeated with minimal to no player interaction. Some bosses just went on for far, far too long with not enough feedback to know if you're actually progressing through the fight. (Jaw knows who I'm talking about)

Melee is almost pointless from a practical perspective post-launch. Ammo is incredibly abundant, and enemy placement lends to staying in cover as opposed to engaging (melee-ing). Enemies off-screen will shoot you and knock you to the floor while you're trying to show off in front of your AI waifu. (I hate that you fall down when you lose a block of health, it ruins the flow of combat)

Everyone is uglier. I said it.

This isn't *quite* the right thread, but I noticed that SE raised the price of FFX/2 on their online store. Does anyone know a place I can get a copy for the $9 they were selling it for?

Kevin

So I bought Tomb Raider 2013 for the PC and I am getting really poor framerate in the teens. My specs are as follows:

-Intel 6-core
-24gb of Ram
-Geforce 980ti (the latest driver)
-Windows 10 64-Bit

Every other game I own runs well but no matter what settings I use, the game has low frame rates. Even with TressFX turned off. When I first load into the game there appears to be some sort of graphics artifcating and a bit of graphics blinking. Can't really take a pic as it disappears quick.

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing the game to run so poorly?

AaronMT86

So I bought Tomb Raider 2013 for the PC and I am getting really poor framerate in the teens. My specs are as follows:

-Intel 6-core
-24gb of Ram
-Windows 10 64-Bit

Every other game I own runs well but no matter what settings I use, the game has low frame rates. Even with TressFX turned off. When I first load into the game there appears to be some sort of graphics artifcating and a bit of graphics blinking. Can't really take a pic as it disappears quick.

Is there any dynamic resolution scaling going on past 100%?

Tanston

-Intel 6-core
-24gb of Ram
-Windows 10 64-Bit

I wish I could help, I played it on a much lower spec computer and it ran fine. So it's definitely not your specs. Maybe some strange driver compatibility issue, maybe a different driver version would help?

Picked up Pony Island and Refunct. Ended up getting Dragon's Dogma through Humble Bundle. Ive never gotten anything from Humble before, so this should be interesting.

Corpekata

Banned

-Intel 6-core
-24gb of Ram
-Windows 10 64-Bit

Are you on HDMI?

IIRC it also had some issues with one of the fullscreen options, what are you running in?

-Intel 6-core
-24gb of Ram
-Windows 10 64-Bit

Weird. Only two suggestions I have would be to, firstly, verify the game cache, and, secondly, to update your GPU drivers.

Maybe nuke the settings ini, whatever it is called, to get a default one again, too.
Stocked up on some discounted Crusader Kings II DLC.

Reaper's Due is amazing--don't skip that one.

Zafir

Is Civ VI price mistake fixed yet? I couldn't connect to the website.

I mean it's still working but good luck getting through all the issues.

Sites getting hammered. You gotta mess about trying to get an account registered, mess around activating your account. Mess around adding it to the cart, mess around getting the cart to load. Then finally mess around trying to be able to pay.

Considering there's a chance they may just get them all revoked (I mean they don't seem a big enough company to eat up the losses), I'm not sure it's worth your time or effort unless you REALLY want Civ VI.

Kevin

Are you on HDMI?

IIRC it also had some issues with one of the fullscreen options, what are you running in?

HDMI 4K monitor yes. Rise of the Tomb Raider runs fine btw.

Weird. Only two suggestions I have would be to, firstly, verify the game cache, and, secondly, to update your GPU drivers.

Maybe nuke the settings ini, whatever it is called, to get a default one again, too.

Reaper's Due is amazing--don't skip that one.

Yeah I verified the game cache and already had the latest drivers installed.

Corpekata

Banned
HDMI 4K monitor yes. Rise of the Tomb Raider runs fine btw.

Yeah I verified the game cache and already had the latest drivers installed.

Are you running RTSS or anything to view what the FPS actually is? HDMI on some games will randomly cap them at like 24hz (usually Cryengine games though). If it's like never getting to even 30, I'd wager there being some sort of forced cap accidently enabling.

What fullscreen method are you using?

Corpekata

Banned
You think Doom and Dragon's Dogma are likely to be cheaper in the Christmas sale?

Get Dragon's Dogma from the Humble Monthly. Cheap + you'll get like 5 other games.

Doom probably won't be much cheaper (it's a few bucks cheaper now at Gamesplanet), but it also seems to go on sale fairly frequently.

Platy

Is there a site that compare 2 minimum requirements ?

I want to give Flockers to a friend but it is a secret and the most powerfull pc game her pc can handle is The Sims 4

Newboi

I'm trying to decide whether I should get Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Division, and Fallout 4.

Are these titles up to snuff or should I wait for better deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom