• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

I'd kill for that Civ VI key but it's gonna take me forever the way it looks now. Unfortunate since I really want it, but hey. If anyone managed to grab a key, and it's just gonna sit int their backlog instead of them actually playing it, feel free to PM and I'll PayPal for it (if I don't manage to get a copy myself, still fruitlessly trying rn). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Took a good 1.5hr just to register properly, Jesus H Christ.

zkylon

zkylewd
sadly i feel like dishonored 2 is not worth playing in this state

it just feels awful at 30 fps, it's really unresponsive

kevin1025

Banned
I'm trying to decide whether I should get Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Division, and Fallout 4.

Are these titles up to snuff or should I wait for better deals?

Fallout 4 has the bigger discount, but of those three I think Rise of the Tomb Raider is the better game and the better deal!

Kevin

Are you running RTSS or anything to view what the FPS actually is? HDMI on some games will randomly cap them at like 24hz (usually Cryengine games though). If it's like never getting to even 30, I'd wager there being some sort of forced cap accidently enabling.

What fullscreen method are you using?

The menus get in the 50s. I use the Steam FPS counter. Also you can tell by just looking at it that the frame rate is low as it's real laggy.

Corpekata

Banned
Is there a site that compare 2 minimum requirements ?

I want to give Flockers to a friend but it is a secret and the most powerfull pc game her pc can handle is The Sims 4

No. Easiest way would be to look at the SIms 4 min reqs, Flockers Min reqs, then google a GPU and / or CPU hierarchy chart and compare. Well, other than asking your friend what's in her computer.

I'd imagine Sims 4 is probably more demanding overall, though it does have the advantage of being an EA game so it might be more optimized.

rtcn63

The menus get in the 50s. I use the Steam FPS counter. Also you can tell by just looking at it that the frame rate is low as it's real laggy.

I remember when with some older Nvidia drivers, I'd get like ~20fps on certain games and not others. (Like Primal would work fine but some low-intensity indy game would be almost unplayable) I'm currently on 372.20.

Also try messing with your power management mode in the Nvidia control panel (under manage 3d settings).

Volimar

How did Germany lose the war with weapons like this?

kqzWuNO.gif

Phawx

Congrats. How did you get past the cart? It just refused to go to paypal for me, kept giving errors.

Press F12 in Chrome and watch requests. When the site was getting hammered there would be pockets of timely responses from the server. Basically make requests in a separate tab and when you see responses happening, initiate the next step of the order process.

When you get all the way through, it still took 1.5 hours for the key to finish "processing"

Platy

No. Easiest way would be to look at the SIms 4 min reqs, Flockers Min reqs, then google a GPU and / or CPU hierarchy chart and compare. Well, other than asking your friend what's in her computer.

I'd imagine Sims 4 is probably more demanding overall, though it does have the advantage of being an EA game so it might be more optimized.

that's what i feared =\

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The game only is in my library while it's installed?

I deleted it and it's gone

Yeah, unless you own DLC. That's how F2P licences have always worked (well, DLC tethering the game to your library came later), unless the sub was mistakenly set to No Cost. You'll always be able to install the game as long as the licence is attached to your account, even after the sub is deactivated.

Maybe they're going for the full PT experience?

Valve doesn't allow publishers to invalidate user licences, with the exception of promotional betas and the like. It's baffling that Valve is still unique in that it takes library preservation seriously.

Hmmm. Pillars of Eternity?

Been interested in Tyranny, but it's a bit too expensive for me right now. I can get Pillars for like $16 on Humble though with the monthly discount + current sale.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I think The square Enix store has it discounted
*edit* only to $20.99

Also, that civ 6 error is amazing
I think there was also a price error with X being under $10 at the SE store.

Hmmm. Pillars of Eternity?

Been interested in Tyranny, but it's a bit too expensive for me right now. I can get Pillars for like $16 on Humble though with the monthly discount + current sale.
Pillars is great. Much longer than Tyranny though. I put in 80 hours to finish the main quest + all the side quests (I played it before the expansions came out, so that's even more time to spend).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm trying to buy a key of a no-longer-supported game off a shady key reseller.

The page for the key says:
WARNING! This product is region locked and CAN'T be activated and played only in Germany, Austria, Switzerland.

Because the grammar on this is kinda not very good, can someone who buys keys off shady key resellers verify which of these they mean:
a) Every country except Germany, Austria, and Switzerland can play the game <-- this is what I think it means.
b) Only Germany, Austria, and Switzerland can play the game

jorma

is now taking requests

WARNING! This product is region locked and CAN'T be activated and played only in Germany, Austria, Switzerland.

Because the grammar on this is kinda not very good, can someone who buys keys off shady key resellers verify which of these they mean:
a) Every country except Germany, Austria, and Switzerland can play the game <-- this is what I think it means.

I think a) too, is it a game with a bunch of nazi references? Might be the key unlocks a version of a game that isn't permitted in those countries...

jediyoshi

Probably A. The message for B type notifications is "WARNING! This product is region locked and CAN be activated only in following countries:"

zkylon

zkylewd
playing disho2 and hitman side to side i really feel like hitman does such a better job at communicating which state you're in and enemy vision and stuff

and they use like really jarring giant white text to communicate it but it just works really great

in dishonored line of sight is a really unclear thing and since it's first person you lose track of people really easily

i feel at 60 fps i could maybe take advantage of my powers and agility but without that it's not great

i'll probably switch it down to normal at the very least, i feel like hard isn't very enjoyable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom