• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

gngf123

I was trying to sell some cards so I can buy more sf skins and it wants me to link to my phone. I havent sold in months so I was confused, is that stuff even safe?

Yeah totally safe, just a pain in the ass.

Once you've set up Steam guard it's literally just a tickbox on your phone for future transactions though. Not too bad.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Once you've set up Steam guard it's literally just a tickbox on your phone for future transactions though. Not too bad.

Yeah, but it becomes a hassle when you're selling more than a few things. There really needs to be a "Confirm all" option.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
where is the cheapest i can get The Division here in the UK for PC? it was about £19 on cdkeys/uplay. can't get onto cdkeys and wondering if it has gone any lower on there or elsewhere.

cluto

Just an fyi but while gamestop has fixed the $15 price on Hitman, you can still buy the Intro Pack for $3.74 and Upgrade Pack for $12.49, which is only slightly more than the original price of $15.

I'm just getting error after error trying to submit my order. Gamestop pls.

TheJoRu

I think I'm done for this sale. Bought the Don't Starve Mega Pack at €13,65 and the complete Life Is Strange at €4,99.

I feel pretty great, can definitely recommend at these prices. Don't Starve gives you so much mileage if you dedicate yourself to it, and I loved the free, first episode of Life Is Strange. Apart from the weird lip sync it's like a relevatory experience technically compared to something like a Telltale-game, and just the writing and voice acting overall is solid. Love myself some actual good teen drama.

HF2014

Ok, end up with 7 new games!

-Alien Isolation
-Life is Strange
-Vanishing of Ethan Carter
-Dark Souls II Scholar of thr first Sin
-Brutal Legends!!!
-The Witcher 1 Enchanced Edition
-Ryse Son of Rome

For about 45$ cnd, not bad.

Now waiting for Xmas, hoping for a better deal on
-Elite Dangerous
-Witcher 3
-Abzu
-The Witness
-Counter-Strike Global Offensive
-Slain

Phawx

Steam ProTip:

For anyone new to Steam or hasn't joined the community thread, try to look for people in this thread to be Steam Friends with.

Then when you have a lot of people on Gaf as Steam friends, you can go into your personal Activity feed and see what everyone is buying. Lots of times you'll find hidden gems that way.

Edit: Here I am: http://steamcommunity.com/id/phawx/, send me a friend request on Steam, just send me a PM on NeoGaf with your username so I know you're from here.

GameStop Hitman keys aren't being revoked, right? Just a price fix?

I finally got a key emailed to me but I won't be able to redeem it until I make it back home in a few days.

Wishlist: browser or in-app key redeem, plssssss.

Pheace

Does anyone know if there's a place that could check my wishlist and tell me which wishlisted games are *in* 'Complete your Bundle' bundles, and ideally show them to me? Or heck, show me all bundles they're in in a clear view without having to go game by game would be great even.

Stevey

Anybody know what the deal is with this?
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/84837/
yFsJ5Mt.png

OraleeWey

Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition has local co-op

I'd say Kung Fu Strike for some good furious punching action in local with a friend.

Also, I don't remember if Assault Android Cactus has local coop but it's awesome...

Other suggestions, GAF?

Mad mad is repetitive but it is fun for the first 10-20'hours before you get bored playing it 1/3 of the way thru

Dungeons n dragons chroincles of mystara get my vote
Metal slug 1-3 and x are worth getting too

More than 2 players:
- Rayman Legends
- Trine series
- Pac-Man 256
- Phantom Breakers
- Castle Crashers
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
- Ultimate Chicken Horse
- Gang Beasts

2 players:
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
- Lego series
- Metal Slug series

Sweet thanks for the recommendations! I'll check some of these out. BTW I have Metal Slug X and Metal Slug 3, I tried messing with it but I don't know how to set up local coop. I might be missing something? I'll check it out again.

Edit: Yeah I don't think any of the metal slug games have local coop.

Nzyme32

As somebody who never played any RTS games is Civ5 worth checking out for $12?

Well Civ V is not RTS = Real Time Strategy; instead it is TBS = Turn Based Strategy.

Either way, Civ V is absolutely worth playing and buying as far as strategy games go. Just make sure to get the complete edition

C4rter

where is the cheapest i can get The Division here in the UK for PC? it was about £19 on cdkeys/uplay. can't get onto cdkeys and wondering if it has gone any lower on there or elsewhere.

Does it have to be in the UK or is Amazon.de okay? Because it's Amazon and globally?
Because it's 18€ for the Uplay key here.

Just an fyi but while gamestop has fixed the $15 price on Hitman, you can still buy the Intro Pack for $3.74 and Upgrade Pack for $12.49, which is only slightly more than the original price of $15.

Thanks so much for this, thought I would be sorely out of luck.

MUnited83

For you.
homefront revolution 13 bucks?

avoid or try and see?

At this point you might as well wait for a deeper sale. The game's alright though. I had a terrible launch riddled with issues, but it's been patched. I played through it on a free weekend and it's a good game.

kionedrik

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to ask. Does the "10% off Monthly" coupon from HB only apply to new subscribers or can it be used by re-subscribers?
I bought the most recent bundle that has a coupon but it's not showing up when I re-subscribe to the monthly, so I'm trying to figure if it's a bug or the way it's intended.

edit: nevermind... Found the answer deep within their FAQs.
If you have ever previously subscribed to Humble Monthly, this coupon will not be applicable to your account. If you purchase a bundle that contains a coupon for new subscribers, you won't see the coupon in your Library.

Wok

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to ask. Does the "10% off Monthly" coupon from HB only apply to new subscribers or can it be used by re-subscribers?
I bought the most recent bundle that has a coupon but it's not showing up when I re-subscribe to the monthly, so I'm trying to figure if it's a bug or the way it's intended.

Only for new subscribers, or if you unsubscribe for at least a month and then resubscribe.

For me, when I resubscribed after a month, the coupon applied, but only at the last confirmation screen when checking out. But other users didn't see that, so it may have been a temporary bug.

Sillverrr

Ucchedavāda;225446572 said:
They are legitimate as far as I know. I've bought a bunch of stuff from them, and never had any problem.

They are legit. As someone stated, you can buy games from Macgamestore as well, because Steamplay keys generally work for Mac and PC versions of the same game. There's a discount coupon for first-time buyers as well (or it's one use only): macgames5off. Make sure you apply that to your order (if it still works).

Endruen

They're legitimate, if that's what you're asking.

Been around a long time, and basically all their mac keys are steamplay too.

I bought Charlemagne DLC for Rome 2 and Tyranny from them.
No issues so far

Ucchedavāda;225446572 said:
They are legitimate as far as I know. I've bought a bunch of stuff from them, and never had any problem.

They are legit. As someone stated, you can buy games from Macgamestore as well, because Steamplay keys generally work for Mac and PC versions of the same game. There's a discount coupon for first-time buyers as well (or it's one use only): macgames5off. Make sure you apply that to your order (if it still works).
Thank y'all.

didamangi

Sweet thanks for the recommendations! I'll check some of these out. BTW I have Metal Slug X and Metal Slug 3, I tried messing with it but I don't know how to set up local coop. I might be missing something? I'll check it out again.

Edit: Yeah I don't think any of the metal slug games have local coop.

Local coop is in the main missions. Not multiplayer. Just tested it.

Still sad to see dotemu handling all these NeoGeo ports though :/

septicore

I didn't want to spend much or at all because the Winter sale might have better discounts.

I ended up with ABZU and ROTR season pass as gifts from friends as I gifted them games during every sale.

Edit:

Does anybody remember the link to the Steam card idle trick to farm cards faster than usual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom