• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

didamangi

Recommendations for local coop/splitscren video games for STEAM/PC?

More than 2 players:
- Rayman Legends
- Trine series
- Pac-Man 256
- Phantom Breakers
- Castle Crashers
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
- Ultimate Chicken Horse
- Gang Beasts

2 players:
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
- Lego series
- Metal Slug series

gngf123

Okay think I'm done with this sale. How'd I do?

SPINTIRES - £3.30
Cities: Skylines - £4.12
XCOM 2 - £13.12
Enter the Gungeon - £3.37
DOOM - £9.60
SanctuaryRPG - £0.55
God Eater 2: Rage Burst - £16
Dishonored - £2.34
BattleBlock Theatre - £2.19
What The Box? - £1.99

It's silly that the Witcher 3 DLC, as someone that owns the base game, is so expensive compared to the GOTY edition. But just buying the GOTY edition still costs more than buying the DLC, though is much cheaper than buying everything separate.

GAHHHHHHHH. This wouldn't be a problem if they put the actual expansion pass on sale, but NOOOOooo.

Welcome to Borderlands the Pre Sequel

Sch1sm

SPINTIRES - £3.30
XCOM 2 - £13.12
DOOM - £9.60
SanctuaryRPG - £0.55
Dishonored - £2.34
What The Box? - £1.99

Where was this?

You did good.

theRizzle

The Valve Complete Pack did indeed seem like a hell of a lot of bang for one's buck, sadly my particular buck is rather tight at the moment. and I aint' got much FPS experience so I'm getting my feet wet with this haul. Far as I understand it, even if I already own some titles in a bundle, I still get a discount out of the ones I don't own if I buy them there, right? I'm keeping this Pack in mind, Half Life is another major lacuna in my gaming life.

Not all the time. The discount if you already own games in a pack is a new-ish feature and it's up to the Publisher whether they want to allow for that or not. I can't recall seeing any off the top of my head but I'm sure they're out there.

strang

Neo Member
For some reason I kind of feel like playing a JRPG even though I haven't played one in years.

Should I get Trails in the Sky?

Daffy Duck

SPINTIRES - £3.30
XCOM 2 - £13.12
DOOM - £9.60
SanctuaryRPG - £0.55
Dishonored - £2.34
What The Box? - £1.99

How did you get doom for £9.60?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not all the time. The discount if you already own games in a pack is a new-ish feature and it's up to the Publisher whether they want to allow for that or not. I can't recall seeing any off the top of my head but I'm sure they're out there.

https://steamdb.info/bundles/

"Purchase a set" (the 1-2-3 column) means that the bundle is only purchasable if you don't own any of the included items rather than it being an option for everybody at a single, universal price a la packages.

kAmui-

Talking about jrpgs: The Last Remnant isn't on sale now, but next time it is (winter sale?), is it worth it?

If you can handle a slow JRPG with a lot of world building and slices of life, you're in for a great game.

Hmm... this sounds pretty good.

gngf123

How did you get doom for £9.60?

Same way that I bought a few of the others:

Games Republic. Had a 25% off code on top of their normal sale.

Talking about jrpgs: The Last Remnant isn't on sale now, but next time it is (winter sale?), is it worth it?

Hmm... this sounds pretty good.

TLR has some bad technical problems, most of which can be fixed somewhat easily. That aside, I honestly think it is one of Square Enix's best modern JRPG's. Gameplay was interesting, and the soundtrack was amazing.

Knurek

For some reason I kind of feel like playing a JRPG even though I haven't played one in years.

Should I get Trails in the Sky?

What's more important to you, gameplay or a good story?
If story, get Trails in the Sky.
If gameplay, get Planescape: Torment on GOG. Trumps TitS gameplay wise, but has a extremely simplified story.
Don't kill me Durante

Same way that I bought a few of the others:

TLR has some bad technical problems, most of which can be fixed somewhat easily. That aside, I honestly think it is one of Square Enix's best modern JRPG's. Gameplay was interesting, and the soundtrack was amazing.

It's not a one-time use??

it's on there for me?

only site it lists for the Standard or Deluxe is Gamestop though (35 vs 75)

I am in Canada so maybe that is why? No Gamestop here. I have a key I want to sell on B/T/S thread, I would like to give the buyer a good deal so I was looking for a baseline of what the record low was.

So 25 appears reasonable, thanks.

Probably because the only stores that sell the PC version are Windows Store and Xbox Live (physical copies of X1 games don't support Play Anywhere).

That makes sense. I got it for free as I bought my laptop 6 days before the Watchdog Promo and Amazon refuses to give me a Watchdogs code instead.

JaseC

Why is Gears of War 4 not on isthereanydeal? I am trying to find the record low.

Probably because the only stores that sell the PC version are the Windows Store and Xbox Live (physical copies of X1 games don't support Play Anywhere), neither of which are tracked by ITAD.

Edit: Oh, GameStop sells keys. Interesting.

I am in Canada so maybe that is why? No Gamestop here. I have a key I want to sell on B/T/S thread, I would like to give the buyer a good deal so I was looking for a baseline of what the record low was.

yeah...that's a good deal for whoever gets it

kevin1025

Banned

That makes sense. I got it for free as I bought my laptop 6 days before the Watchdog Promo and Amazon refuses to give me a Watchdogs code instead.

Where's the key from? I'm ultra interested (Canadian)! It would have to be tonight, though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh lol, this is the month's last friday? I thought it was the next friday... welp

anyone needs Dragon's Dogma? >_>

edit: and its gone

I don't know, but I think so? It was an apology for the Civ 6 price mistake.

I could maybe PM it, but I don't think they intended it to be public.

I used it once and had all those games in my cart. Worked fine.

yes I got it too, I thought you used it on the single games, not the total xD

C-Drive

I picked up Dragon's Dogma via Humble Monthly because I wanted to play it via In Home Streaming on my TV-connected laptop. Never had any issues with other games, but for some reason, Dogma just shows a black screen for a minute or so then drops back out into the client. The game is running just fine on my main machine, it just doesn't like to stream.

Any ideas?

LFG

Neophyte
I picked up:

Sacred 2 Gold
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
Torchlight 2
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition

I wanted more, but these will probably keep me busy for a while.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Does Oxenfree have a legit virus, or is that just Kasperky fucking up?

I don't know, but I've uninstalled it for the time being. I'd fully delete the files, but Windows isn't letting me delete any leftover Steam game files.
I'm keeping it installed for now in case it's a false positive. If anyone has another antivirus programs that picks it up, let me know 'cos then I'll outright get rid of it.

JaseC

1) Tax reasons
2) Consistent pricing (discount is automatically calculated, so it's always 'correct' price)
3) Less prone to errors (missing depots, etc.)

He's asking about the "purchase as a set" option specifically. Valve says it's to facilitate Deluxe Edition/Soundtrack Edition/etc. upsells, particularly as, due to the static discount, the option allows the bundle to be purchased a gift; however, in practice, it's just the preferred choice of publishers who are willing to sweeten the deal for newcomers but don't want existing owners to get too good a deal on the content they're missing.

madjoki

He's asking about the "purchase as a set" option specifically. Valve says it's to facilitate Deluxe Edition/Soundtrack Edition/etc. upsells, particularly as, due to the static discount, the option allows the bundle to be purchased a gift; however, in practice, it's just the preferred choice for publishers who are willing to sweeten the deal for newcomers but don't want existing owners to get too good a deal on the content they're missing.

I understood it more as of what different between "purchase as set" vs. creating singular package. (Originally there wasn't even "Complete the Set", it's fairly recent addition.)

Did I already miss this? Shows $60 for me. God damnit, Gamestop.

Just an fyi but while gamestop has fixed the $15 price on Hitman, you can still buy the Intro Pack for $3.74 and Upgrade Pack for $12.49, which is only slightly more than the original price of $15.

Annubis

The Last Remnant is a weird beast to me. I can't say I liked it much but I always felt that the game had a lot of potential that just wasn't taped.

The game has many issues in its mechanics that can make it obnoxious to unplayable.

What stands out a lot is that you have very little control over anything. The computer randomly decides most aspects of the game. What attack your troops can do this turn, what weapons they equip, what class they change to, etc.

You have a small modicum of control, but things can easily go awry or just not take your inputs into considerations.

Another thing is the 'level' system which is pure garbage. I'd suggest getting a trainer (cheating software) and just adjust your Battle Rating when it feels off.
DO NOT GRIND IN THIS GAME (EXCEPT ON MINI-BOSS / RARE UNITS)

Branson

So I bought and started Oblivion again after spending like 300 hours on it back on 360 in 06-07. Boy. Kind of dated. Nexus to the rescue. Nostalgic as hell theme music though. And Patrick Stewart is still great.

gngf123

The Last Remnant is a weird beast to me. I can't say I liked it much but I always felt that the game had a lot of potential that just wasn't taped.

The game has many issues in its mechanics that can make it obnoxious to unplayable.

What stands out a lot is that you have very little control over anything. The computer randomly decides most aspects of the game. What attack your troops can do this turn, what weapons they equip, what class they change to, etc.

You have a small modicum of control, but things can easily go awry or just not take your inputs into considerations.

Another thing is the 'level' system which is pure garbage. I'd suggest getting a trainer (cheating software) and just adjust your Battle Rating when it feels off.
DO NOT GRIND IN THIS GAME (EXCEPT ON MINI-BOSS / RARE UNITS)

I agree that you shouldn't grind in this game - but the PC version significantly changed the anti-levelling system. Unlike the 360 version, for the most part it isn't that much of a problem in the PC version any more as long as you aren't the type to sit around killing monsters repeatedly to gain levels.

Absolutely agree that it had a lot of untapped potential though. Really would love to see a fixed "remaster" of sorts come out one day.

When did this authentication thing happen with selling stuff on steam?

The mobile auth stuff? Been there for a few months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom