• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

guess I'll probably get Undertale
Not sure if I wanna get Doom now (too many FPS)

and set up my Steam Link

they should really release a nVidia Shield 2 sigh

Jimrpg

Not really Steam related but weird that GOG aren't discounting Witcher 3 and the DLCs on GOG. Especially when its discounted on Steam.

And more off topic - how does their fair price package thing work on GOG? If something is US$1, am I paying AU$1 or the current exchange rate AU$1.34?

Teggy

The GameStop sale reminded me that I got the full Hitman for $15 way back in February on Amazon. SE has had some problems with that game...

Jadax

Bought some oldies - have wanted to play them for a while:

- Skyrim (normal edition)
- Life is Strange
- Undertale
- Banished
- Sunless Sea (missed the bundle for it, and couldn't find anyone selling it)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not really Steam related but weird that GOG aren't discounting Witcher 3 and the DLCs on GOG. Especially when its discounted on Steam.

And more off topic - how does their fair price package thing work on GOG? If something is US$1, am I paying AU$1 or the current exchange rate AU$1.34?

You pay in AUD and get back in AUD GOG Wallet Money the difference between that and the US price. You'll notice prices are in A$.

Miletius

Hmm... thoughts on Age of Decadence? Seems rather divisive but I kinda want to bite at that price. Or should I just wait for the Winter sale since I probably won't get to it in the next month.

Jimrpg

You pay in AUD and get back in AUD GOG Wallet Money the difference between that and the US price. You'll notice prices are in A$.

hmm... I changed my country to Australia (was Malaysia before), but still seems like everything is in US dollars though I can't be sure until I buy something. I can't change my currency in the settings either nor save credit card details.

Guess I'll worry about it when it happens then.

dadjumper

Finally pulled the trigger on the games in my cart. I got the Civ V complete bundle to round out the expansion and DLC I didn't have (was missing the second expansion and it was more expensive by itself, plus I'm waiting for a better sale to jump to Civ VI), Blue Revolver and Valkyria Chronicles. Pleased with all these. I have such a backlog that I can justify anything else really

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You guys weren't kidding when you said that Xanadu Next was great. It's a shame it's not on sale though.

Tubie

Project Cars is gonna prove to be one of the best hours per $ spent ever for me.

Got it for $11 yesterday and I've already played for over 2 hours.

Bought some oldies - have wanted to play them for a while:

- Skyrim (normal edition)
- Life is Strange
- Undertale
- Banished
- Sunless Sea (missed the bundle for it, and couldn't find anyone selling it)

That's a good haul, you'll enjoy yourself for hours upon hours.

Tapejara

I picked up Borderlands The Pre-Sequel and the season pass because I missed out on it when it released back in...(looks up release date)...2014!? Anyhow, I've pumped three hours into it and I'm really enjoying it. It feels good to be back in that world. Hope Borderlands 3 is announced soon.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah hitman is the real deal, it manages to be both really goofy and silly and also a really interesting simulation with lots of options for improvisation and things going awfully wrong and then suddenly somehow awfully right

the endless list of challenges isn't very appealing to me and idk how much i'll replay these missions but it's just a fun sandbox to play it, i'm happy that they turned it around and committed so hard to making it a sandbox-ass sandbox

it's been nice to have a laugh thanks to this game and enjoy something deeply after being bummed out over the fidel castro stuff

hitman is great

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone (preferably not from germany) buy me the Half-Life Complete Pack on Greenmangaming? The site doesn't let me checkout :(

It's 7,39 EUR

I would send the money via PayPal :)

Anyone?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I picked up Momodora Moonlight for my GPD Win. I wanted to wait for cheaper but eh, who knows how long that could be.

Love my GPD Win. It's so good for indies. Owlboy machine.

Cryxo93

Banned
What a fantastic sale!

Just bought several things:

Hitman 2016
Life is Strange
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete
Pathologic Classic HD
SOMA

And then Crysis 3 on Origin.

Phinor

It's kinda sad that the only game I've bought this sale is for Origin... Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY for 5 pounds.

Same for me. And I really dislike Dragon Age Inquisition but I've yet to play the DLCs. Steam wishlist again full of crappy discounts but other stores manage to do better.

Hmm... thoughts on Age of Decadence? Seems rather divisive but I kinda want to bite at that price. Or should I just wait for the Winter sale since I probably won't get to it in the next month.

If you're a fan of CRPGs 100% get it. The choices and consequences are deeper and better implemented than almost any other game. Multiple playthroughs will end up completely differently.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does Doom have any story-related DLC? Don't care about MP or at least Ive pretty much had my fun with it.

Nope. The Season Pass is exclusively MP-related, so evidently Bethesda hadn't planned on releasing SP DLC, but I wouldn't rule out a standalone expansion next year a la Wolf14.

Edit: Spares:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood -- MB-D76400A2D1606AB6 - Taken by fspm
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek -- MB-CC047CC44FA9D78D - Taken by Camel Master
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride -- MB-9A775812DCAF4012 - Taken by Benedict
Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-4FACB7125DABD80D - Taken by Loptous
Left in the Dark: No One on Board -- MB-218F1D3524E98C0F - Taken by Chairmanchuck

Can anyone buy me Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY from Game.co.uk for 5 pounds? Site doesn't accept American Express...

I'll trade it for something of a similar value on Steam?

Edit: Got the game.

M.D

Would anyone from the US like to help me purchase Hitman from Gamestop (can only be purchased from the US it seems) and I'll repay through PayPal?

Would anyone from the US like to help me purchase Hitman from Gamestop (can only be purchased from the US it seems) and I'll repay through PayPal?

You can have a crack at purchasing it yourself by giving a US address in the relevant paypal screen (make sure to tick the box to make it your default address and then change it back after the purchase). There's a chance someone will check it and cancel the order but it's worth giving a go.

Adam M

Help me please, I'm rookie at Steam sales. Is my theory right?

Games that are more than 60% off are easily decidable because these games will not have this high percentage off during the winter sales.

I guess this is how it will look like at the winter sales

Game A autumn - 67% ---> Game A winter - no sale or just 30% or so

Game B autumn - 0-30% ---> Game B winter - more than 50% off

In short, if you see something newer game (like DOOM) ~60% off then buy it now.

Pheace

2 years ago they were telling publishers/devs they had to keep the same sale discount for both the fall sale and the winter sale so I expect most of the sales to stay the same, though some could drop their max price by then and there may be different bundles available.

Ascheroth

Help me please, I'm rookie at Steam sales. Is my theory right?

Games that are more than 60% off are easily decidable because these games will not have this high percentage off during the winter sales.

I guess this is how it will look like at the winter sales

Game A autumn - 67% ---> Game A winter - no sale or just 30% or so

Game B autumn - 0-30% ---> Game B winter - more than 50% off

In short, if you see something newer game (like DOOM) ~60% off then buy it now.

Nah, Valve recommends that Autumn and Winter sale discounts should be the same. Of course it's still up to the publishers in the end, but they shouldn't vary much if at all.

Which also means, that you only should buy what you know you're going to play before the winter sale.

Adam M

Nah, Valve recommends that Autumn and Winter sale discounts should be the same. Of course it's still up to the publishers in the end, but they shouldn't vary much if at all.

Which also means, that you only should buy what you know you're going to play before the winter sale.

2 years ago they were telling publishers/devs they had to keep the same sale discount for both the fall sale and the winter sale so I expect most of the sales to stay the same, though some could drop their max price by then and there may be different bundles available.

Ok, thanks guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom