• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

Is Doom really a 55GB download? That's like half my shitty monthly data cap,

Dude, yeah. It's ridiculous. Takes up 70GB of disc space after install.

I lost all my HDD's except my main 120GB SSD recently. Trying to make space for the game to fit on there was fun.

Anno

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319165.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Infinifactory -- MB-7A995447D2F85C8E - Taken by Hakkelus. 9 entrants total.
TIS-100 -- MB-DF7DB5B19EAF06C5 - Taken by Dipper145. 4 entrants total.

t1480124485z1.png

Couple spares.

Wok

So you could just have two accounts for every other month, extra work that saves you at least 20 cents a month. :p

But then you have two accounts. And maybe one day, you are tired and you make a mistake and get charged on both accounts.

Teeth

Has anyone here ever refunded DLC for a game you've already played 20 hours of?

As in, I played a game for 20 hours, bought DLC, downloaded the DLC, haven't yet launched the DLC, but now I'm considering a refund.

Anyone ever try that? How do they count DLC time?

Any impressions on Read Only Memories?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/330820

Demo didn't immediately sell me on it, but I heard it has ties to VA-11 HALL-A which I really enjoyed.

The VA-11 HALL-A links are very slight, more a set of fun references than anything that actually impacts either game's story or setting. That said, I think if you liked one, there's a decent chance you'll like the other. ROM is more adventure game as opposed to VA-11 HALL-A's visual novel, in case that puts you off a bit, but the emphasis is very much on the story rather than obtuse or difficult puzzling.

Also, you may want to consider A Good Bundle if any of the other games interest you at the $20 tier or below.

Corpekata

Banned
Has anyone here ever refunded DLC for a game you've already played 20 hours of?

As in, I played a game for 20 hours, bought DLC, downloaded the DLC, haven't yet launched the DLC, but now I'm considering a refund.

Anyone ever try that? How do they count DLC time?

"DLC purchased from the Steam store is refundable within fourteen days of purchase, and if the underlying title has been played for less than two hours since the DLC was purchased, so long as the DLC has not been consumed, modified or transferred. Please note that in some cases, Steam will be unable to give refunds for some third party DLC (for example, if the DLC irreversibly levels up a game character). These exceptions will be clearly marked as nonrefundable on the Store page prior to purchase."

You should be good provided you bought the DLC within the past two weeks, and those 20 hours are before you bought the DLC. If you've played while owning the DLC for over 2 hour but simply haven't launched the mission or whatever, then no go.

Teeth

"DLC purchased from the Steam store is refundable within fourteen days of purchase, and if the underlying title has been played for less than two hours since the DLC was purchased, so long as the DLC has not been consumed, modified or transferred. Please note that in some cases, Steam will be unable to give refunds for some third party DLC (for example, if the DLC irreversibly levels up a game character). These exceptions will be clearly marked as nonrefundable on the Store page prior to purchase."

You should be good provided you bought the DLC within the past two weeks, and those 20 hours are before you bought the DLC. If you've played while owning the DLC for over 2 hour but simply haven't launched the mission or whatever, then no go.

Well, now I feel like a moron for not seeing that. Nifty. I should be good, I played Dishonoured earlier in the year and just bought the Knife of Dunwall yesterday, downloaded it but haven't launched the game yet. I found it elsewhere for cheaper. Hope this works out.

EDIT - actually, you know what, it's not worth besmirching my record to save a measly $1.50

Any impressions on Read Only Memories?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/330820

Demo didn't immediately sell me on it, but I heard it has ties to VA-11 HALL-A which I really enjoyed.

I really enjoyed it. Cyberpunk, lots of LGBT and minority characters, good music and spritework, well worth playing.

How long does the Ubisoft hold Tetris licence? I wonder if I should pick it before end of the year.

By all accounts, it's terrible.

That feeling when I go to check if the Dark Souls 3 Season Pass is on sale and find out I have had it since the game came out and never played the DLC. :|

mikemandey

So GAF... I'm considering to buy one more AAA game. I'm torn between two games:

Hitman or DE: Mankind Divided ?

Gameplay and story wise, which is better?

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone (preferably not from germany) buy me the Half-Life Complete Pack on Greenmangaming? The site doesn't let me checkout :(

It's 7,39 EUR

I would send the money via PayPal :)

fallout

By all accounts, it's terrible.
I normally don't put a lot of stock in them, but the reviews on Steam are pretty scathing. I couldn't see myself paying 20 bucks (or even 10 bucks) for what seems like a mostly bare bones version of Tetris, but you'd think they could have made it functional at least.

Sorry for the dumb question in a sale thread but, quick question, does anyone have a tip on increasing Steam text size when displayed on a TV WITHOUT using Big Picture mode?

Corpekata

Banned
Sorry for the dumb question in a sale thread but, quick question, does anyone have a tip on increasing Steam text size when displayed on a TV WITHOUT using Big Picture mode?

There's a lot of Steam skins out there, you might want to try browsing those, one may have what you want.

Way stoked to get Hitman World of Assassination for the nice price. Should be downloaded when I get home, and one of the few that gives me a bump for having AMD. HA!

yuraya

RE6 seems to be very meaty and overwhelming so far. I played the first chapter for Chris and Jake. 4 different campaigns is sure something. I don't know if there is a definitive order of playing it as looking online seems to draw up different answers. I guess I'm just gonna go all out balls to the wall and play whichever way I feel like.

Anyways enjoying it but it is very action heavy. Not a fan of all the QTE stuff either. Still tho the controls and gameplay is very engaging so I am kinda excited to keep playing. The game controls so much better than RE5.

Do you see a discount on the base game? Only the "The Definitive Edition" bundle is on sale on the Mexican steam store but the price is higher than the regular edition that's not on sale.

Definitive Edition is the same price in Canada as the base and it is 35% off, maybe it is a mexican steam thing?

The regular thread is closed for now right?

Guys, is James Bond 007 Legends for PC rare of something? I can get it for like 6 dollars in a local store and I wanted to know if it may be worth it.

Corpekata

Banned
The regular thread is closed for now right?

Guys, is James Bond 007 Legends for PC rare of something? I can get it for like 6 dollars in a local store and I wanted to know if it may be worth it.

Yes.

The game isn't any good but provided it is sealed you can at least sell it for a profit.

Yes.

The game isn't any good but provided it is sealed you can at least sell it for a profit.

It's sealed and part of an online Black Friday sale in my city. The store has probably had the game for a lot of years and wants to finally get rid of the last copies they have.

That's it, I'll bite.

J_Viper

Has Shadow Warrior 2 gone cheaper than $30 yet?

Game looks like it's worth the price, but I could've sworn I've seen it for $23 before

So here's a random request: what's the best Chess game on Steam? No, not Chess 2. No, not Hive (albeit I love the physical tile version of Hive). No, not Archon.

Chess. Plain old chess.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I said I wasnt going to buy anything this sale but I might have to buy one of those crown (aka money) bundles for ESO, to buy the DLC im missing and save the rest for the next DLC I guess. Shockingly into it and even if / when I stop theres no sub anyway so I can go back whenever I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom