• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

You should buy RAMBO just in case it is removed from the store.

a3taJTo.png

I have finally listed all my trading cards on the market. I still have a few to idle and I am going to get rich.

fallout

Yeah, city building and trade are much more prominent than combat.
Yeah, it's more of an economic simulator than anything. The pretty cities come out of the fact that you're harvesting the resources of the land, trading with partners, etc.

Grief.exe

Yeah, it's more of an economic simulator than anything. The pretty cities come out of the fact that you're harvesting the resources of the land, trading with partners, etc.

Yeah, city building and trade are much more prominent than combat.

Great game and surprisingly deep in late game, you rarely feel that you have reach the end on the "tech tree" (not really a tech tree). You'll be constantly in search for different raw materials in a series of islands to produce something that is needed to improve a certain facility on your main town. The grid based construction is a bit too old school, specially if you are used to the freedom of games like Cities Skylines for example.

This is hyping me up for a Anno 1404 play.

HF2014

Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Enhanced Edition is cheap, like 6.59$ CND. Is it worth it? Looked some videos, and honestly it doesnt look bad. Just worried, i read the reviews of people and they slam this game. Im not expecting it to be similar to past Ace Combat, but it look fun no?

Omadahl

Banned
I'm torn. I can only get one game: Dragons Dogma, Doom, or Titanfall 2. PC btw. I played Dragons Dogma a bit on PS3 but the frame rate killed it for me. I loved Titanfall 1 and Doom just looks good.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
is necropolis up to any good? it's on my wish list but not 100% sold on it. seems to be too multiplayer/co-op focused. i don't mind that but i don't have anyone to play with so if there is matchmaking or something then that'd be fine.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Enhanced Edition is cheap, like 6.59$ CND. Is it worth it? Looked some videos, and honestly it doesnt look bad. Just worried, i read the reviews of people and they slam this game. Im not expecting it to be similar to past Ace Combat, but it look fun no?
I have it on the 360 and enjoy it. It is not like the other AC games, more COD set piecey and "scripted" but it's fun.

Tizoc

It is ok but dont expect the traditional ace combat gameplay
It was fun to fly over dubai tho

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319165.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cibele -- MB-21A01879C1B00C44 - Taken by Sch1sm. 2 entrants total.
Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-92AB34F39E8B2938 - Taken by Dream_Journey. 2 entrants total.
10000000 -- MB-ACA3D18FC8472725 - Taken by Hakkelus. 3 entrants total.
Spacecom -- MB-23DA3E1FA6BE64FB - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Mountain -- MB-C2E255252EE3F2B6 - Taken by deadflower81. 1 entrants total.
You Must Build A Boat -- MB-519281BADEB224FB - Taken by KenOD. 2 entrants total.
Psychonauts -- MB-979273EB4512976C - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack -- MB-7FD0C94E9404430B - Taken by Erebus. 3 entrants total.
Asdivine Hearts -- MB-A77116E16631C437 - Taken by Ludens. 1 entrants total.
Unmechanical -- MB-299C6F37B3932628 - Taken by deadflower81. 2 entrants total.
Runestone Keeper -- MB-D515F8BADD6D9F94 - Taken by Tellaerin. 1 entrants total.
Super Mustache -- MB-F444BB902BB43604 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock 2 -- MB-099D5716CED43345 - Taken by PaulSane. 5 entrants total.
BADLAND: GotY Edition -- MB-95A1BE716D2E6B0D - Taken by Costa1774. 3 entrants total.
TIS-100 -- MB-A7511B3249C69102 - Taken by fallout. 1 entrants total.
Timberman -- MB-68C8E4D80392382F - Taken by Stumpokapow. 1 entrants total.

t1480184960z1.png

Necrovex

I got stuck on a boss late in the game, somewhere underground.
Made me lose the interest in TitS since I didn't really know what to do about it. Was maybe 1-2 years ago. Haven't touched it since, but I'd like to continue.
One of the gripes I have with JRPGs.

But the game allows you to lessen the difficulty each time you lose a battle to ensure one's continued progression. That was one of my favorite aspect of TitS.

Grief.exe

I'm torn. I can only get one game: Dragons Dogma, Doom, or Titanfall 2. PC btw. I played Dragons Dogma a bit on PS3 but the frame rate killed it for me. I loved Titanfall 1 and Doom just looks good.

Dragon's Dogma is the Humble Monthly this month. Grab your copy of DD now, then get more games at the start of the month.

Same boat. Have base game on Steam.

Maybe Winter Seal will deliver.

Witcher DLC costing almost as much as the GOTY edition is annoying.

It's always like that for people who buy the game, then are put in an awkward position with DLC and GOTY edition pricing.

Bethesda finally matched pricing with initial DLC for Dishonored, years after the fact.

first dark souls worth picking up still?

One of the best games of all time, of course.

Some good games you just refunded. Why that choice?

I tried Witcher before but I just couldn't get into it. Just knowing the amount of content ahead of me is just too overwhelming. Same thing happend again this time around.

Doom just felt like your same ol FPS single player shooter. When it comes to FPS, I'm more into multiplayer so I'll stick to OW.

Jadax

Started the Witcher 3. Got the ass shot. Remembered I am playing a Witcher game.

For me it's more like: Started Witcher 3. Forgot to turn off hair physics bs. BSOD. Restarted Witcher 3. In awes of the graphics. First fight, all the memories of cursing Witcher 1/2 combat comes flooding back. Quit because I remembered just how much I hate the combat 'feel'.

And that was months ago.

Valahart

I bought far cry primal because I was interested in the setting, and quickly discovered why I don't like Ubisoft games.

After 6 hours of playtime what was a fun game has turned into a chore. Less of a fun, prehistoric experience and more of a "well, I have nothing better to do with my life today so I guess I'll go kill some more germans but this time with warpaint on instead of swastikas". The entire thing just feels like nothing more than a massively transparent skinner's box, which I mean isn't that bad of a thing in and of itself...if the loop has sufficient depth and good enough rewards to justify it. This game just doesn't. Looking through the skill trees and at least 80% of it just looks like either completely pointless fluff to make an already easy game even more easy or stat bonuses to make the resource grind less of a chore. The gameplay itself is so shallow that after about 2 hours you've essentially seen everything the game has to offer anyways, so the copy/paste quests to grind out population just becomes a head-to-brick wall chore after about the 3rd time you've done each of the what seems like 4 different base quests.

meh, glad I only spent 25 on this instead of whatever I was probably going to pay for watchdogs 2 in a week or so

You should make this its own thread, honestly.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member

yep! as long as you don't care much about the graphics. i only played it for the first time this year. really enjoyable. just keep in mind you'll need to download the DSFix mod. it's essential as the game is a quick and dirty xbox 360 port. you'll need the mod to increase resolution/framerate and change other visual settings. it's not that difficult to install. you just change some values in a .txt file.

Jadax

Probably the best DS in my opinion - yes the combat is a bit...janky (?) at times, and they online takes some getting used to - but goddamn the story is good. Mind you, I don't have DS3 right now, so only comparing the first two Dark Souls.

Valahart

Yes please!

I just finished it for the first tome ever a few weeks ago. I can tell you it was a life changing experience slightly less powerful than Bloodborne. Meaning it was huge.

Honestly, I still get all the chills talking about it.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
If content worries you in games, just run through the main quest and leave it at that.

Besides, FFXV sounds like it's packed with dozens of hours of filler, and while I haven't played the game obviously, I sincerely doubt that side content will touch the quality of TW3's optional content. No RPG short of Baldur's Gate 2 gets close to that level of quality in completely optional content.

even if you do just the main quest it should take about 50 hours. if you rush right through it then maybe 30 hours.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Forgot how pretty Witcher 3 is.

Although it did just close itself after the Witch in the Well quest. Trying to rush through past the Baron quest, since everything after that will be new to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom