• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Medieval Mercs -- MB-9E746098E9924280 - Taken by Lashley

Game removed from Steam.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
So recommendations?
OK, so my favorite games are RPGs with a strong adventure aspects, puzzles and the like. Like realtime as well.

Of course played all the Souls games, and love Quest for Glory, Legend of Grimrock 1&2, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (Didn't like the M&M X Legacy though.) Ultima 6 is one of my all time favorite games. I like there to be options but not endless, like procedurally generated weapons.

Picked up Arx Fatalis, Arkane Studios and a fantasy look? also under 2$.

So, any adventure heavy RPGs out there I don't know about? Like dungeon crawlers but some of the older ones haven't aged so well in the interface department, and looking for more exploring/puzzles than a combat experience (never got into Etrian Odyssey all that much for example.)

Anything out there, obscure or not, that I should check out? Open world is ok (Witcher 3!), but they tend to give me an agoraphobic nosebleed sometimes.

~Kinggi~

Banned
How is Dying Light nowadays? Looks like pretty fun game. Should I get it instead of Just Cause 3?

Dying Light as a game is defintely great. I heard the expansion isnt as good cause i havent played it yet but the main game is very fun and atmospheric. I def think it is better than JC 3.

KarmaCow

Is there a specific method for quickly getting cards or is it just random? I've been cycling through some games but I can't figure out any pattern to when I get cards.

data

Is there a specific method for quickly getting cards or is it just random? I've been cycling through some games but I can't figure out any pattern to when I get cards.

If you use idlemaster, just set a script with autohotkey(if I remember the name correctly) that will click it at an interval that works for you. I cleared out a few hundred cards by just setting a script at 2,5seconds

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
How is Dying Light nowadays? Looks like it is pretty fun. Should I get it instead of Just Cause 3?

i enjoyed it mostly but once you get guns in it the game becomes way easier. bullets are always in stock and you should have plenty money for them. i kept telling myself i would only use them in difficult situations but going back to other weapons just felt so slow. i guess it's up to how you play.

Dying Light was a strange game to me. It had everything that should of made me really like it but it never got there. Less than the sum of its parts to me.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Dungeon Nightmares II The Memory -- MB-752DC11F3C1F2BDE - Taken by William Bonney
Among the Sleep -- MB-C2E1B54F394A7920 - Taken by Ludens

Thanks Diedac.

Isn't this game made by a gaffer?

Sorry Diedac, I copy/pasted the wrong MB link and I won Among when I wished to enter for the first game. Tomorrow I'll regift the game here on GAF since I already own it, can't do it right now since I'm on tablet.

Both these games look interesting to me. We could just swap the keys if you like.

Then I need to choose a game for number 600.

Dunlop

Wanted to pick up Divinity Origal Sin on Ps4 but it's still $60 on PSN (Canada)

It's the special today, but my PC is ooold. I'm higher than the minimum specs but not much.

Would the game be playable or should I just hold off for a special on PSN?

Erheller

It's the special today, but my PC is ooold. I'm higher than the minimum specs but not much.

My 650M can run it at 60 FPS on low settings at 720p, so take that as you will

Grief.exe

It will probably run fine, but best update your computer.

is there a game, not necessarily a metroidvania, that controls as fluidly as Strider? I really loved how the flexible jumping and movement/attack cancels

other than the big name games like revengeance/killer is dead

Arthea

So recommendations?
OK, so my favorite games are RPGs with a strong adventure aspects, puzzles and the like. Like realtime as well.

Of course played all the Souls games, and love Quest for Glory, Legend of Grimrock 1&2, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (Didn't like the M&M X Legacy though.) Ultima 6 is one of my all time favorite games. I like there to be options but not endless, like procedurally generated weapons.

So, any adventure heavy RPGs out there I don't know about? Like dungeon crawlers but some of the older ones haven't aged so well in the interface department, and looking for more exploring/puzzles than a combat experience (never got into Etrian Odyssey all that much for example.)

Anything out there, obscure or not, that I should check out? Open world is ok (Witcher 3!), but they tend to give me an agoraphobic nosebleed sometimes.

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but have you played the Witness? It's pretty much exploration and puzzles, no combat at all of any kind. It's not an RPG, though

You might wanna look into Quest for Glory series too

As for RPGs with puzzles and heavy on exploration, not many come to mind, but if you want good RPGs, I suggest Trails in the Sky, not heavy on puzzles though

Angelina

Banned
is there any other games on steam that are like record of lodoss war from dreamcast. ive played titan quest and grim dawn, scared 2 was pretty meh for leveling up.

Ascheroth

So recommendations?

Xanadu Next.
It has adventure, dungeons, puzzles, real-time combat, great level design, hidden secrets and a cool story.
And awesome music. Seriously.

Eusis

So this is what future regret looks like.
I practically did the opposite, lunged at Doom instead of the PSN titles I was considering (Neptunia, Fairy Fencer F, and Mega Man Legacy) and MIGHT skip on FFXV afterall.

Hour and a half of gameplay and it's hard to imagine getting more enjoyment out of those two RPGs, and MML might stand up to it but it's also well trod ground.

path of exile was too slow for me and i really didnt wanna spend hours before i could fully enjoy my hero. torchlight 2 ive alreayd finished, forgot that one lol

Victor Vran and the Van Hellsing games are about the only other ARPG's I can think of, seems like you've played all the good ones lol.

Kvik

Have at it. :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319165.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lost Civilization (Steam) -- MB-085E77F4AD918EF5 - Taken by Lord Snow. 1 entrants total.
Supreme League of Patriots Season Pass (Steam) -- MB-A68D2CC0682C4B1D - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
Heroes & Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar (Steam) -- MB-6E3278562CDA5120 - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.
Dungeons 2 (Steam) -- MB-CB1EB279AFB6EF15 - Taken by nightstorm. 8 entrants total.
The Secret World (Steam) -- MB-2B480C104256790E - Taken by fspm. 13 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Moebius: Empire Rising (Steam) -- MB-0D1D6D8E0C0312B4 - Taken by T-Rex.. 4 entrants total.

t1480209150z1.png

Hubble

Any thoughts on Don't Starve? There are so many. Which should I start off with to try it out? I am not sure if there is a sequel to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom