• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomblord1

Banned
Any good visual novels in this sale? There's 1000 and 1 actually on sale but I always have issues figuring which are genuinely good.

How's Corona Blossom?

~Kinggi~

Banned
CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR STEAM: 8LJ9D-NQVCJ-AZICD

just someone fuckin take it i dont even know. Shit was a freebie from a GMG purchase i made in a drunken stupor. fuck

RS4-

can't get the aHK thing to work with idlemaster.

I hit f6, it isn't auto switching games lol.

edit - I'll give it more time.

Phawx

Any word on when Games Republic is going to remove Civ 6 from the price mistake? I'd like to try to finish my game I started.

(dear lord I love Civ. Played for close to 8 hours straight into 5am last night.)

Has anyone played Redout in VR? It's got great reviews but none of them reference the VR component.

Yup. It actually plays surprisingly well if your rig can handle it (i'm on a 1080 and it runs super smooth). I was expecting nasuea city but I actually didn't feel any; the VR cockpit view helps with that a lot oddly enough.

It's a fantastic game overall.

gdt

I'm actually looking at COD Infinite Legacy edition for $60. Can't believe I just said that.

All this talk about the SP gets me going, and MWR is a classic campaign. 2 SPs for $60 ain't bad at all.

Don't have much interest in the MP.

I've got $20 in my Steam wallet and nothing I want to buy. Recommend me something at a good sale price that will make me feel like a badass.

Any good visual novels in this sale? There's 1000 and 1 actually on sale but I always have issues figuring which are genuinely good.

How's Corona Blossom?

Haven't played Corona so I can't give an opinion on it.

Have you played Root Double? I've heard it been mentioned earlier as a great pick.

rtcn63

I like Diablo and know they aren't entirely comparable but how is Divinity Original Sin?

Absolutely nothing alike. At least at launch, the combat for me was the weakest part of DOS. More a constant roadblock than a joy if didn't choose the right classes. Well the characters were pretty forgettable too.

Jadax

I like Diablo and know they aren't entirely comparable but how is Divinity Original Sin?

If you want a game like Diablo, I recommend Grim Dawn - it's pretty much what Diablo 3 should have been (minus the online, large player-base, and global rep - thought RoS sort of redeemed it a bit).

Divinity: Original Sin is a turn-based rpg - I felt it was similar to Baldur's Gate (but not as good imo). I played Wasteland 2 at a friend's place - and play-style wise found both of these to be similar as well.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Does anyone know how representative the Hitman benchmark is of performance in the actual game?

It's a good representation of where the game will demand the most performance; crowds seem to max out CPU usage and from what I've read it sounds like you might actually need something more than quadcore to keep a solid 60.

Game feels pretty good to me at a lower framerate, so I'm not too put out by it. I'm actually kind of impressed it looks and plays as well as it does on my old and creaky CPU.

Necrovex

Any word on when Games Republic is going to remove Civ 6 from the price mistake? I'd like to try to finish my game I started.

(dear lord I love Civ. Played for close to 8 hours straight into 5am last night.)

Just go into offline mode until your appetite is sated. That should let you complete your game.

Seems like Shardlight is all I want this sale. Cities: Skylines expansions are on my radar, but I'll wait until Christmas before I really consider buying them.

Only getting one item feels kind of weird. What has Steam done to me?

DOSEE is a great game, but keep in mind that it's a turn-based RPG focused on freeform world interaction, and in no way reminiscent of an ARPG like Diablo. I think the camera perspective gives people the wrong idea or something, because you're not the first to compare them.

As mentioned above, get Grim Dawn if you're looking for some ARPG goodness. It is very good.

I've got $20 in my Steam wallet and nothing I want to buy. Recommend me something at a good sale price that will make me feel like a badass.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance isn't on sale unfortunately...

tumblr_o24kgtjKgP1qi7vf4o1_500.gif

X-COM 2 (2016)

Benedict

Editing because I was mistaken regarding Artifex Mundi games on Amazon Underground.
Most of them are free, but not all.
Tried my luck on GMG mystery bundle. Out of luck...

Tizoc

How's Corona Blossom?
Higurashi- when they cry
Steins gate
Fata morgana
Umineko

These get mymvote

Seems like Shardlight is all I want this sale. Cities: Skylines expansions are on my radar, but I'll wait until Christmas before I really consider buying them.

Only getting one item feels kind of weird. What has Steam done to me?

DOSEE is a great game, but keep in mind that it's a turn-based RPG focused on freeform world interaction, and in no way reminiscent of an ARPG like Diablo. I think the camera perspective gives people the wrong idea or something, because you're not the first to compare them.

As mentioned above, get Grim Dawn if you're looking for some ARPG goodness. It is very good.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance isn't on sale unfortunately...
Not om steAm at least

pa22word

Just bought necrovision as a palate cleanser after far cry primal. Needed something fun, dumb, cheap, and immediate after being wore down to my wits end in an Ubislog borefest of a game. If everything I've read about this game is true, it'll be just the dumbass cheesey Army of Darkness I need after after falling to sleep on the 100$ million Heaven's Gate I just played.

Yup...
Czh3blo.gif

Oh good. Is the game as easy as Diablo 3 or does it actually have some difficulty?

I'd reckon harder, but I haven't played any of Diablo 3's expansion stuff. GD's mainline routes are comparable to Diablo 2 with spikes and valleys in difficulty, but optional side areas scale with the player, ensuring they're always a challenge.

And speaking of side areas, some of them are super difficult IMO. You need peak gear and builds to really bite into them. (For some, town recalls are not allowed, so it's really a test of endurance.)

I hope everyone is playing Infinifactory, genius puzzle game. Best thing I've played in ages. It's also in the latest Humble.

Anyway, I've made it to the 2nd last group and I've run out of scores on my firends list.

Hint-> Need more people for the score table -<friend here. Or just do it anyway as I'm always up for more screenshots to look at on my activity.

Now I'm off to build a satellite.

zkylon

zkylewd
played a bit more hitman

hitman is great, i kind of wish i had bought it on release and had like followed it along the release schedule

having all these levels unlocked right away makes me want to quickly jump from one to the other

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
is necropolis worth picking up? i might just have enough to get it. a lot of people say it is similar to dark souls. from what i've seen it looks to be heavily focused on mp/co-op. do i need friends or does the game put you in a game with others?

Sarcasm

is necropolis worth picking up? i might just have enough to get it. a lot of people say it is similar to dark souls. from what i've seen it looks to be heavily focused on mp/co-op. do i need friends or does the game put you in a game with others?

Its funner with people/friends. It isn't needed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom