• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

My dollar store mouse is dying on me right now, whats a good mouse to get? I don't care about the keypads on the sides that will most likely annoy me more than anything, I need mostly durability and comfort.

Depends on hand size/grip. Logitechs have been going on sale frequently. If you have smaller hands and fingertip grip, I'd recommend the Cooler Master Storm Xornet II. (I've only owned the Spawn)

LISA, Undertale, Fallout 4 or Disohonored?

I'm sort of leaning towards Undertale because I suspect it to be a hot topic in game of the year podcasts.

Picked up Doom and the season pass for it in this sale.

Just got done playing a bit of it, max settings 1440p upscaled to 4K on the X800D I bought with my Pro... hot damn. That is a good looking game.

You are in for a hell of a ride. Doom is incredible, well at least the singleplayer is.

Whats going on?

8009 Removed store name – Universe Sandbox
18 minutes ago 18285 Removed store name – Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion 4-Pack
19 minutes ago 18821 Removed store name – Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Game and Soundtrack Bundle
26 minutes ago 25953 Removed store name – Champions of Regnum: New Recruit Pack
40 minutes ago 33461 Removed store name – Batman: Arkham Origins - Online Supply Drop 1
about an hour ago 39352 Removed store name – Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion - Ultimate Edition
about an hour ago 43126 Removed store name – Rad Raygun
about an hour ago 52052 Removed store name – Starlight Drifter
about an hour ago 55734 Removed store name – MARI indie 3.0 - 6 month
about an hour ago 55719 Removed store name – Gamebook Adventures Assassin Game Bundle
about an hour ago 136947 Added store name – Newgame
about 2 hours ago 63265 Removed store name – Music Creator 7 and Z3TA+ 2 bundle
about 2 hours ago 65186 Removed store name – Tyranny - Commander Edition
about 2 hours ago 74111 Removed store name – Blues and Bullets - Complete Season + OST + Comic
about 2 hours ago 74460 Removed store name – Starlight Drifter - Wallpapers
about 2 hours ago 77888 Removed store name – Disney Infinity 3.0 - Darth Vader
about 2 hours ago 80443 Removed store name – Five Nights at Freddy's Franchise Pack (1-4)
about 2 hours ago 81104 Removed store name – Metal Reaper Online - Elite Package
about 2 hours ago 81101 Removed store name – Metal Reaper Online - Veteran Package
about 2 hours ago 82335 Removed store name – MechWarrior Online™ - Medium ‘Mech Performance Steam Pack
about 2 hours ago 82035 Removed store name – Metal Reaper Online - Special Reinforce Package
about 2 hours ago 82730 Removed store name – COME TOGETHER: A BEATLES TRIBUTE
about 2 hours ago 82611 Removed store name – Metal Reaper Online - Military Package
about 2 hours ago 92494 Removed store name – Trinium Wars Collector's Edition
about 2 hours ago 92493 Removed store name – Trinium Wars Deluxe Edition

LISA, Undertale, Fallout 4 or Disohonored?

I'm sort of leaning towards Undertale because I suspect it to be a hot topic in game of the year podcasts.
Undertale is a great game, I really liked it. Go with that one and then pick up dishonored another time. I was actually gonna pick up lisa myself this sale but i spent all my disposable cash on clothes + hitman over at gs

thinking of getting slain and killer is dead

heard good things about updated slain
I can vouch for killer is dead, its a fun budget action game. Theres a tweak out there to increase the fps, if i recall correctly its locked 30 fps

My dollar store mouse is dying on me right now, whats a good mouse to get? I don't care about the keypads on the sides that will most likely annoy me more than anything, I need mostly durability and comfort.
Zowie Fk1 beautiful simple mouse no drivers needed still has adjustable dpi will last years

aku:jiki

thinking of getting slain and killer is dead

heard good things about updated slain
The improvement is remarkable in how much effort they actually put into making the game better and how well they succeeded...but in the end, the game really isn't all that much fun anyway. Could be worth it if you really truly love the sludgy gore and the headbanging your character does when you beat a boss and that whole metal thing it does, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it until it shows up in a Humble Bundle or is like $1.

hohoXD123

I was playing through witcher 2 on max settings, wondering why anyone would praise the graphics on this until I turned off that god awful bloom.

Reminder that NMS is 40% off.

The reactions of people are positive for once in that NMS thread.

G6tmdOX.png

0IfqqGh.png

They're not positive, they're fixative. NMS is the only game in that Venn diagram of genres that will ever have those people's money. They get the money when they do good, they get meltdowns when they don't, and no one else's similar but better product can sway them to concieving of buying any different.

Anustart

Accidentally stayed sub'd to humble monthly. Anyone willing to trade me Enter the Gungeon or Mass Effect 2 for Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen?

Nabs

Accidentally stayed sub'd to humble monthly. Anyone willing to trade me Enter the Gungeon or Mass Effect 2 for Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen?

This is a good deal. You can get Gungeon for 5.69 off Wingamestore.com with code pcgames5off

AHA-Lambda

Lends more credence to Blues & Bullets being cancelled then.

The way the devs have acted over that game is Sean Murray-esque at this point but isn't getting the attention.

Think I shall open a ticket to Steam regarding at least a partial refund now.

I just yesterday got a laptop capable of playing decent games. A Dell 7559 with gtx960m. Got a steam account. Good lord addicting already and I haven't even played a game. I understand the 300+ backlog when's sales are this good. Also bought a steam controller.

I bought the following:

Civilization 5 and all dlc.
Never played the Civ series before and always looked fun.

Brothers: Tale of Two Sons
Wanted something relaxing and heard great things.

Half Minute Hero 1 & 2
Going in pretty blind on this other than GAF saying it's great.

NimbusSame as above.

Portal 1 & 2
Played both on 360. Beat Portal 2. Loved it and it was dirt cheap.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Premise sounded cool. Got good reviews. Really cheap.

So yea, this is my first steam haul. Wanted to go cheap. Not sure which to install first. Funny thing is I have a 10 month old and don't really have time to play games lol. So let the backlog begin!

Which would you guys recommend me installing first with only having about an hour or so per night to play?

Sch1sm

Which would you guys recommend me installing first with only having about an hour or so per night to play?

Definitely not Civ V. An hour is never enough for that game.
Also, if you've never played a 4X game, you're lucky in that Civ V babies you.
Go for Brothers since you've already beaten both Portal titles.

Benedict

Hope you have some enjoyment of these games, one way or another.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GENTLEMEN -- MB-0DC95DB708176860 - Taken by dave is ok. 2 entrants total.
CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR -- MB-963CF998761A15BA - Taken by MaxiLive. 1 entrants total.

t1480267920z1.png

Adam M

bought Portal 2

loved the first one, i should probably play this too

Too bad that Portal games are not included with the Half-Life complete bundle :/

Also bought a steam controller.

Do you like it? If they will offer a better deal like 50% off at the winter sale then I will consider it as well. Hard to judge because some people hate it some people love it. Some says it's better than the Xbox controller

GRaider81

Managed to raise £6 from steam cards so put it towards the Witcher 3 and its expansions (Got it for £14)

Going to give this ago again, I put in 20 or so hours on PS4 but between performance issues and imo bad combat i gave up on it.

I now have a nice PC so i'm hoping the expansions and far better performance and visuals make it more enjoyable for me. I don't expect to enjoy the combat more but I did enjoy it as a whole and everyone raves about the expansions. Quite excited about getting back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom