• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Reminder that NMS is 40% off.

The reactions of people are positive for once in that NMS thread.

G6tmdOX.png

0IfqqGh.png

AHA-Lambda

Any good visual novels in this sale? There's 1000 and 1 actually on sale but I always have issues figuring which are genuinely good.

How's Corona Blossom?

Danganronpa series
Steins Gate
Umineko

Haven't played it yet but I've also heard great things about Fata Morgana

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Uplay games bought on Steam now automagically register to your account upon launch. I first noticed this with the Steep open beta and a friend just confirmed that it also applies to games that require an activation key (e.g. AssCreed Rogue).

Eridani

I hope everyone is playing Infinifactory, genius puzzle game. Best thing I've played in ages. It's also in the latest Humble.

Anyway, I've made it to the 2nd last group and I've run out of scores on my firends list.

Hint-> Need more people for the score table -<friend here. Or just do it anyway as I'm always up for more screenshots to look at on my activity.

Now I'm off to build a satellite.

Infinifactory is also in a humble bundle right now. Cheaper than steam and you get a bunch of other great games too.

Uplay games bought on Steam now automagically register to your account upon launch. I first noticed this with the Steep open beta and a friend just confirmed that it also applies to games that require an activation key (e.g. AssCreed Rogue).
I noticed this a few days ago. I wonder if I can play (and activate) games that are tied to my dead Uplay account now.

This has always annoyed me, and is the reason why I never buy Uplay-games on Steam.

Tektonic

The reactions of people are positive for once in that NMS thread.

Except that I just asked, and no-one has played it. They are just reading patch notes, that frankly could mean nothing. Id suggest most in that thread are pro-NMS to begin with, and would wait before purchasing

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Subnautica is £8.99 and it looks like the new NMS update just turns it into a space version of that.

Wallach

Picked up Doom and the season pass for it in this sale.

Just got done playing a bit of it, max settings 1440p upscaled to 4K on the X800D I bought with my Pro... hot damn. That is a good looking game.

aku:jiki

GMG, why you gotta break your voucher just when I decide that I really want to try out Utopia 9 right now? Can't just buy it without the voucher, I need to save those 10 cents!

I can't get idle master to work at all these days. I'm quite sad :(
There is an alternative tool (that also has a million other features) called ArchiSteamFarm.

Primordia still holds up? I love PnC games and I've played most of the games published by Wadjet Games, but somehow I ended up never buying it.

Pheace

My only purchases have come off Steam. Deus Ex at Gamestop for $22 and Civ 6 for $16 due to the price error, which has since been revoked.

Revoked already? Saw a notice saying it was gonna happen on the first of next month or something. I still have mine though it's a matter of time no doubt.

Seeing someone sell a Civ 6 deluxe on a local trade forum, wondering what poor sod's going to end up scammed by that one. The guy has no rep nothing. But can't exactly accuse him even though its' extremely likely it's the gamerepublic key.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Revoked already? Saw a notice saying it was gonna happen on the first of next month or something. I still have mine though it's a matter of time no doubt.

In the past, the process was: retailer informs publisher of mistake and supplies the distributed keys -> publisher sends keys to Valve -> Valve blacklists them, so it generally took two or three days to complete. These days, though, publishers can ban keys themselves in batches of up to 200, so the process is quicker as Valve's no longer involved.

Zanosuke

It's silly that the Witcher 3 DLC, as someone that owns the base game, is so expensive compared to the GOTY edition. But just buying the GOTY edition still costs more than buying the DLC, though is much cheaper than buying everything separate.

GAHHHHHHHH. This wouldn't be a problem if they put the actual expansion pass on sale, but NOOOOooo.

I'm in the same boat. It sucks ; /

Tizoc

Picked up Doom and the season pass for it in this sale.

Just got done playing a bit of it, max settings 1440p upscaled to 4K on the X800D I bought with my Pro... hot damn. That is a good looking game.
Doom's season pass is currently only multiplayer stuff which is the weakest part of the game

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Rambo cards are worth nothing atm, will they be worth more when the game is taken off of Steam?

BHK3

Banned
My dollar store mouse is dying on me right now, whats a good mouse to get? I don't care about the keypads on the sides that will most likely annoy me more than anything, I need mostly durability and comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom