• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Whats the SteamGAF thoughts on Far Cry Primal? Thinking about getting it.

Oh that's shorter than I thought, so you are completely finished with it, no collectables and such to collect?

I did search a bit, but mostly in the first area. There are some side-dungeons you can do, but not sure how big they are. Only did the story-related ones.

lazerfox

Just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider. Now I feel a little empty inside.

Any good AAA third person games on sale right now? I already played Shadow of Mordor, MGS5, Batman AK and Witcher 3.

MUnited83

For you.
How is A Story About My Uncle? It's only $2.59 so I'm tempted to grab it, but I've heard it's extremely short. But it also looks really good, so I'm on the fence. I'm willing to overlook length if it is a quality experience.
It's indeed quite short, but also quite good. It's certainly worth it for 2.59$!

Aaron D.

Can anyone recommend me a good strategy game that with low required specs? I've been playing a lot of crusader kings recently, so I was thinking about EUIV since I have the base game, but the price of the DLC (and the number) have put me off a bit. Something with good depth would be nice.

Civ V Complete - $12

Crusader Kings II - $10

Remember that even though Paradox grand-strat titles have a TON of DLC, they update the base game with the new rule-sets incorporated in every major expansion. So the vanilla game today is a LOT different than it was at launch, benefiting from years of layers and fine-tuning.

Volimar

Can anyone recommend me a good strategy game that with low required specs? I've been playing a lot of crusader kings recently, so I was thinking about EUIV since I have the base game, but the price of the DLC (and the number) have put me off a bit. Something with good depth would be nice.

Endless Legend is a 4X turn-based fantasy strategy game by the creators of Endless Space and Dungeon of the Endless. Control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

From 2014 so it shouldn't be too rough on your specs.

Uzzy

EU4. The base game gets updated a ton, and that's what the DLC pays for. The DLC also only adds even more depth to the game. Only Art of War and Common Sense is essential DLC.

hohoXD123

Just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider. Now I feel a little empty inside.

Any good AAA third person games on sale right now? I already played Shadow of Mordor, MGS5, Batman AK and Witcher 3.

Quantum Break? Ass Creed? Hitman?

There's also the DLC for RotTR if you haven't played it already

give them some time if they've already charged you since it's 4am there

I'm not worried about the money or anything (since I'll get it back one way or another). I'm just slightly annoyed that I might not get the game, as I never remember to pick it up (and it's delisted).

Adam M

Quantum Break? Ass Creed? Hitman?

There's also the DLC for RotTR if you haven't played it already

Quantum Break is just 25% off, HITMAN is a better deal. Also Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is not bad deal.
Anything is better than that QB -25% :D

Are you really picking up games which are less than 50% off?

Corpekata

Banned
Had an odd (but good) resolution with Steelseries RMA.

My side buttons stopped working on my Sensei Wireless, started RMA. Was preparing to ship it when I noticed the USPS site would constantly auto correct / standardize the address they had given me to send it to (and part of it couldn't be added after the editing). Asked them about it to make sure it would actually get to them. But I guess that must have flumoxed my rep who just closed it and gave me credit at their store to replace the mouse without sending it in. So, uh thanks!

aku:jiki

Was excited to see that people finally created and tagged a ton of games as roguelite.

Less excited now that I see that people are just tagging literally anything with procedural generation in it. One of the first results in the list is a multiplayer arena brawler.

Why can we never have nice things?

100%ed it, around 90 hours. It was fun the whole time :D
I loved it too and 90 hours is about right. It's very meaty even if you're a rusher like myself.

Angelina

Banned
right coming back to my previous posts, xanadu next reminds me alot of record of lodoss war in sense that you stroll along and attack without going into battle etc :D

any other games like xandu ? where its just you that goes along, i know many recomend ys series but they are traditonal jrpg stuff

Ascheroth

right coming back to my previous posts, xanadu next reminds me alot of record of lodoss war in sense that you stroll along and attack without going into battle etc :D

any other games like xandu ? where its just you that goes along, i know many recomend ys series but they are traditonal jrpg stuff

The Ys games are action RPGs with fast-paced combat and boss battles with bullet-hell elements (much like Xanadu Next.)
Maybe you're thinking of the Trails series?

Tizoc

100%ed it, around 90 hours. It was fun the whole time :D

You have better tolerance than I :p
I felt that playing through the game was a chore, ticking a checklist. If they had greatly trimmed down the open world stuff it would've been a far better game.

MUnited83

For you.
You have better tolerance than I :p
I felt that playing through the game was a chore, ticking a checklist. If they had greatly trimmed down the open world stuff it would've been a far better game.
The car combat was great, and the world is the best wasteland ever made in a videogame. I could spend hours just exploring it. Never got tired.

AHA-Lambda

Haven't bought anything during the sale yet.

Feels good.

10cl-goodman-dance.gif

Same, I'm just going to hold off until winter sale and work on backlog more in meantime

Imur

BS1 is a classic.
BS2 is very good.
BS3 and BS4 are a bit meh.
BS5 is quite good.

Great pack for that price, but you could also just settle for Broken Sword 1: Director's Cut for 1.69€, and buy the rest only if you like the first one.

Thank you. Bought the Bundle and really enjoyed the first 2 Hours. Buying the Bundle was a good decision too, since my girlfriend absolutely loves the game. She would have forced me to buy the other games anyway.

Annubis

I just installed 34 mods for Stardew Valley, swapped every portrait and got better fauna. I think I'm finally ready to start playing.

I installed New Vegas for another playthrough and started looking at the mods and then gave up and uninstalled.

I will probably vanilla Fallout 4. I am just getting more lazy. Thanks Steam.

Also the UI in the Witcher 3 is shit.

Regginator

I forgot to buy a gift copy for u myself actually ^^;

I saw your post in the previous Steam thread before it got locked, thanks to you I knew it was on sale. Was ready to pull the trigger, but the last couple of days went by in the blink of an eye ;_;

GOG (and Steam for that matter) needs a remind-me feature, would've come in handy right now for me.

hohoXD123

Quantum Break is just 25% off, HITMAN is a better deal. Also Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is not bad deal.
Anything is better than that QB -25% :D

Are you really picking up games which are less than 50% off?

If I'm going to play them soon and there's no bigger discount, sure. Though maybe the fact that the pricing on QB was ridiculous for such a long time when it was only on the Windows Store is influencing things.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did you buy the disc or digital version of Gold? I want to know how much you had to download.

Steam, 70 gigs. Actually its like 50 and then 70 on the hdd or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom