• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
I highly suggest Shadwen.
I was not impressed by the demo, but the full game is pretty much polished and very entertaining.
I'm doing a no-kill run and I'm really digging the game, beat 6 out of 15 levels so far and the game is a little gem.
The only bad thing for now is the lack of new locations, all looks the same.

Ascheroth

Some questions about DreadOut:

Is it possible to go back to
the village in case you missed something after going into the school
?
And the blue vignette that indicates there's something important nearby, is it always something you can pick up? Because there were a few instances where I just couldn't figure out what it indicated.

Sch1sm

Some questions about DreadOut:

Is it possible to go back to
the village in case you missed something after going into the school
?
And the blue vignette that indicates there's something important nearby, is it always something you can pick up? Because there were a few instances where I just couldn't figure out what it indicated.

Village becomes locked off once you're in the school.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
And they're apparently gonna add more stuff later as well. Not enough to make me jump back after 30hrs but good progress. If they keep it up, it could become something nice.

I'd be interested in investing in it for later updates if the discount was bigger than 40%

Also, how do I get the fps display to show up in big picture mode?

Anteater

Hunted: The Demon Forge is $1.64
It's okay so far, it's like a weird hack and slash and weird ass cover shooter mash up
screenshot_2016-11-279fsg8.jpg
screenshot_2016-11-27dcs7d.jpg

screenshot_2016-11-28xds39.jpg
screenshot_2016-11-28flsvq.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 6 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Escape Goat 2 -- MB-6B9332E2B3C67805 - Taken by madjoki
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter -- MB-33017DB4D519B520 - Taken by Anteater
Her Story -- MB-17CCD5D72812ABE3 - Taken by yoshizzle
Knight Squad -- MB-ED44CC4073EE42B1 - Taken by anastef
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space [Origin] -- MB-31ADEF8A67DA918B - Taken by JoduanER2
STRIDER -- MB-877C37E60DE3630B - Taken by voodooray
Brothers A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-0F928B1E0FD91DD9 - Taken by Costa1774

Broken Sword Complete Pack (1-5) for 6,22 EUR at Bundle Stars. Yay or nay?

BS1 is a classic.
BS2 is very good.
BS3 and BS4 are a bit meh.
BS5 is quite good.

Great pack for that price, but you could also just settle for Broken Sword 1: Director's Cut for 1.69€, and buy the rest only if you like the first one.

zkylon

zkylewd
LISA, Undertale, Fallout 4 or Disohonored?

I'm sort of leaning towards Undertale because I suspect it to be a hot topic in game of the year podcasts.

undertale is the best game out of those 4

i like the other 3, but undertale is the only one that i'm gonna remember for the rest of my life

KingV

Too bad that Portal games are not included with the Half-Life complete bundle :/

Do you like it? If they will offer a better deal like 50% off at the winter sale then I will consider it as well. Hard to judge because some people hate it some people love it. Some says it's better than the Xbox controller

I can see the potential but the Learning curve is huge so I seldom use it

Nope, it's actually secretly out of stock despite the store page. It's just that they tell you after taking your money, so that's great...

Well...that blows. Wish I knew that before I ordered it... :(

Mine's stuck in "Preparing order" (and has been since I ordered it) so it sounds like this is the out-of-stock thing.

illusionary

Darksiders warmastered will be free to previous owners according to this site
http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/darks...siders_warmastered_edition,54084,3305933.html
Take it with a grain of salt tho >_>
Fingers crossed! After Skyrim and Bioshock, I'm up for having the updated version in my library.
No. Jesus man, no.. Just.. Don't do that.
+1... maybe if enough of us try we'll convince them to change their mind?

I'm glad I picked up Axiom Verge for $10. It's a nice little burst of Metroid-y goodness.
One of the best purchasing decisions that you could make - enjoy!

Monooboe

Whats the SteamGAF thoughts on Far Cry Primal? Thinking about getting it.

Finished Recore.

Weak 7/10
Strong 6/10

16$. Used 6,25 hours.

No ragrets.

Oh that's shorter than I thought, so you are completely finished with it, no collectables and such to collect?

Adam M

I can see the potential but the Learning curve is huge so I seldom use it

Yeah, this is the most mentioned thing about it, also the lack of support. Seems that few tweaks what this controller needs and a second generation could be a hit

Tizoc

Whats the SteamGAF thoughts on Far Cry Primal? Thinking about getting it.

Oh that's shorter than I thought, so you are completely finished with it, no collectables and such to collect?
A gaffer gave their impressions in this thread
Just search for primal and you'll find it
On mobile somi cant look for it myself :x

Nabs

Yeah, this is the most mentioned thing about it, also the lack of support. Seems that few tweaks what this controller needs and a second generation could be a hit

People just need to give it a chance. Here's a gaffer playing Titanfall 2:

Just popping in here to show how I use the controller in Titanfall 2 to great effect. So naysayers to this controller being good for shooters can see. It really is great, just needs practice like anything.
https://youtu.be/o2diY10hotg

The experimental rumble on high feels fantastic in Titanfall 2 as well.

Enhanced Steam's servers are starting to buckle, with over 10,000 requests per second coming in. You'll are crazy.

Obviously I'll be keeping an eye on them and do whatever I can to keep them up as much as possible throughout the next few days.

I can't run IdleMaster (it sees no badge page), I hope that has nothing to do with this?

Sanic

Am I safe picking up the base Dishonored, or should I grab the definitive edition with all of the DLC? Not sure how critical any of it is.

B4s5C

For those who like Civ and would like to take a more active approach with their battles,

Rise of Nations is up for sale. Its personally been one of my favorite games this year with multiplayer even though its older:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/287450/

header.jpg

Whats new about the extended edition? From Wikipedia:

Extended Edition
When 38 Studios bought Big Huge Games at the time it acquired Rise of Nations IP. When 38 Studios went bankrupt, at the auction, Microsoft bought the IP back and charged Skybox Labs to do the extended edition. Rise of Nations and its expansion pack has been revitalized under the name Rise of Nations: Extended Edition and was released on June 12, 2014 on Steam. Rise of Nations was redone by Skybox Labs. It features high definition graphics upgrade, multiplayer ranked matches, and Twitch integration. The core of the game remains untouched.

Grief.exe

Monooboe

A gaffer gave their impressions in this thread
Just search for primal and you'll find it
On mobile somi cant look for it myself :x

Mm checked it out, thanks.:D Hmh getting little cold feet... while I loved FC 3 and thought FC 4 was alright, but I do really like open world games and the setting of Primal really seems interesting.

Tizoc

Mm checked it out, thanks.:D Hmh getting little cold feat... while I loved FC 3 and thought FC 4 was alright, but I do really like open world games and the setting of Primal really seems interesting.
I say hold off for it be cheaper
Winter seal is just around the corner ;3

Abraxas

Can anyone recommend me a good strategy game that with low required specs? I've been playing a lot of crusader kings recently, so I was thinking about EUIV since I have the base game, but the price of the DLC (and the number) have put me off a bit. Something with good depth would be nice.

Eblo

How is A Story About My Uncle? It's only $2.59 so I'm tempted to grab it, but I've heard it's extremely short. But it also looks really good, so I'm on the fence. I'm willing to overlook length if it is a quality experience.

Ludens

Banned
I just saw apparently I killed a guard (HOW? I don't know since I'm sure I didn't kill anyone) in level 5 of Shadwen, am I still able to achieve the best ending?
I beated level 12 and I killed no one until now (if not the guard in level 5...and I don't know how).

Anteater

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood -- MB-BE16496C6712154B - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek -- MB-D76F8DD51D5F9735 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 3 entrants total.
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride -- MB-89206A895B17D9B5 - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.
Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-AA8CCB628793A208 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-74BC6B4FB9ED4F15 - Taken by Eblo. 1 entrants total.
Left in the Dark: No One on Board -- MB-C9894B80DD5AD029 - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.

t1480278906z1.png

hidden shits

Anteater

How is A Story About My Uncle? It's only $2.59 so I'm tempted to grab it, but I've heard it's extremely short. But it also looks really good, so I'm on the fence. I'm willing to overlook length if it is a quality experience.

I liked it, it looks good and has some decent platforming sections, it's worth playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom