• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I need this uplay bullshit for Far Cry 3?

Yep. It's not as egregious as some purport it to be -- Uplay games now automatically load and there's native controller support within the launcher. The frustrating thing is that Uplay offers nothing enticing and when Ubi releases new games there can be a deluge of client updates that tend to download rather slowly, but taken on its own, it's not bad -- it just doesn't offer anything to justify its existence.

Lain

Combat is pretty damn boring and is a significant step down from Diablo 3. I'm not sure what people see in that game. I wasn't blown away and stopped after a couple of hours (and that's coming from someone that spent 300 hours with Diablo 3).

I wouldn't call it flat out boring, but coming from Diablo 3 the combat in Torchlight 2 is definitely worse.

I remembered Uplay as my order was processing for Blood Dragon. I probably still would have bought it, but it did make me a bit salty.

I remembered Uplay as my order was processing for Blood Dragon. I probably still would have bought it, but it did make me a bit salty.

Same exact thing happened for me. Except that I bought it off ebay so its not even on steam :(. Meh I still get SR4 and the new Thief for 19.99

MNC

anal glands

ModBot said:
silly_sonikku_by_kipuonraniningu-d5jzh2t.png

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sonic All Star Racing Transformed -- MB-B3F69762EBE08680 - Taken by Kabouter

LOL shit this was supposed to be a raffle.

Unmitigated tomfoolery.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Borderlands 2 -- MB-8C7228F4F57A27F3 - Taken by nightstorm
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive -- MB-4FC2553E071D2747 - Taken by Fornaximus

Deadbeat

Banned
I feel like I should have bought cs go to get in on the new idling as Im pretty much out of the game in TF2. A new start so to speak. A new start to more steam wallet money.

gngf123

I don't care what you think about Mr.Fish, everyone should play Fez. It's fucking excellent.

Don't be put off by the fact that the platforming is extremely easy (except for one short part), you will slowly realize why as long as you take care in absorbing as much as you can.

It should be considered a puzzle game that stands right up there with the best of the them, platformer comes a very distant second.

Turfster

Was reading that the directors cut is even worse then the original performance wise. Don't know if it's fixed yet but for now i will not buy it.

Worked fine here, no problems.

I don't care what you think about Mr.Fish, everyone should play Fez. It's fucking excellent.
Unless you have OCD/are a completionist, even a little.
In that case, avoid FEZ like the plague.
You'll be reduced to quivering wreck.

wazoo

Wait.. these two DLC below are not included in neither Civ5 Gold Edition or Brave New World?

Was going to upgrade to Gold Edition but it's frustrating to see a game sliced in so many parts. Makes me want to hold off for a complete edition.

These two DLC are quite cheap today, and do not think DLC will stop for Civ 5.

Divius

Played some Contagion with a buddy + some randoms.

Some random impressions:

The game is still somewhat buggy (to be expected as it is still in Early Access). Especially when zombies clip through objects or suddenly teleport are annoying bugs as you're bound to miss your headshots and waste precious ammo. Other small things need work but aren't as 'lethal' as the zombie glitches.

The key in the game is teamwork (or at least the mode I played) as you need to work together and communicate who covers what entrance, who looks for ammo and weapons, and who secures the survivors. That worked quite well with my buddy as we had voicechat, the other people were just kinda aimlessly running around.

Had some pretty fun scenarios where we cleared room by room, extracted the survivors and went on like a bunch of badasses. Also had scenarios where half the team had been killed and turned into zombies while the remaining few were scattered, out of ammo and doomed. Fun times.

I'm looking forward to the game getting improved and polished as it has quite some potential.

If anyone ever wants to play add me on Steam.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Played some Contagion with a buddy + some randoms.

Some random impressions:

The game is still somewhat buggy (to be expected as it is still in Early Access). Especially when zombies clip through objects or suddenly teleport are annoying bugs as you're bound to miss your headshots and waste precious ammo. Other small things need work but aren't as 'lethal' as the zombie glitches.

The key in the game is teamwork (or at least the mode I played) as you need to work together and communicate who covers what entrance, who looks for ammo and weapons, and who secures the survivors. That worked quite well with my buddy as we had voicechat, the other people were just kinda aimlessly running around.

Had some pretty fun scenarios where we cleared room by room, extracted the survivors and went on like a bunch of badasses. Also had scenarios where half the team had been killed and turned into zombies while the remaining few were scattered, out of ammo and doomed. Fun times.

I'm looking forward to the game getting improved and polished as it has quite some potential.

If anyone ever wants to play add me on Steam.

So it's like a slow, tactical L4D?

It's $7.49 right now. Was it already a daily deal before?

Kabouter

Oh boy are you in for a treat. I bought it on a whim and my god did I have nostalgia flowing back. So much so I'd be over the moon if Panzer Dragoon made a come back.

It's certainly going to last me a while, it took me six tries to win the first race :D

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
How is borderlands 2 for someone that enjoyed BL1 but got bored of it mighty quick? Need to buy something since KOF still in no flash :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom